Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

PT6A posted:

To be honest, I'd always really hoped that the main thing stopping people from raping and molesting was more than "if I get caught, it will be bad."

That's a five-year-old's level of reasoning. Shouldn't most adults be operating at the level of "I shouldn't do this because it is morally repugnant, owing to the effect it would have on my victim"?

And now, for the more frightening thought: what if most adults are operating on that higher level of morality and there's a huge segment of people with pedophilic desires, who don't act on them because it's self-evidently loving deplorable to do so? That's a fairly disturbing thought as well!

Non-offending pedophiles do exist. They don't molest children and they generally need psychiatric help to help them deal with their urges. Every year or two there's an article about them.

I dunno whether or not they've been getting any particular sympathy as a result, but they're not as bad as child molesters and supposedly a lot of child molesters aren't "real" pedophiles (as in "only attracted to children", or whatever) but are instead opportunistic monsters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU