Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

cis autodrag posted:

Universities cover up a lot more rape than just sports stuff. Nearly all of my friends were raped at some point in college and all but one were pressured by administering not to "ruin a young man's life over an honest mistake". Universities have a culture of abusing women and covering it up for the sake of reputation and important donors. It took my school 15 years to ban a frat whose house was a notorious rape zone.

It's not sports, it's power structures. Especially patriarchal power structures. That's why we keep shouting to burn all institutions, not just burn all sports teams.

Then what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

jit bull transpile posted:

I mean, what else can you do when you have a university that shelters a rapist, and a government that covers the university's rear end by locking the victims out of fighting for change if the want deserved compensation? That's a virtuous cycle of institutional corruption that can only be fixed by tearing out the roots.

Correct, except the hard thing about tearing out roots is that they're tangled up with everything else's roots and also there are already a bunch of seeds laying on the ground so the same thing is going to grow back the next spring anyway.