Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Holy poo poo.

mastershakeman posted:

So what's the answer? After convicting every single person involved, including those listed above, it's time to end sports as part of educational institutions. It won't prevent everything (for instance, at the club level) but it'll sure as hell help stop the coverups. College sports can't police themselves, and they need to end. All of them.

This seems like a bit of an extreme overreaction. Is there no possibility we could keep the college sports and lose the sexual abuse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

stone cold posted:

when institutions go bad wl, what do you think the recourse should be

I honestly don't know, but I do know that a large chunk of college students and faculty have a deep investment in their various sports and saying the only solution is to cancel all of them, again, seems extreme.

Sometimes extreme solutions are needed, though. Thank you for posting that quote.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Horseshoe theory posted:

Given the Lovecraftian-style cult for JoePa at Penn State, it at least supports the premise of exercising the NCAA death penalty en masse.

PSU still having a football team is totally insane, I will say that much. They should have been banned for life from participating in college football at the bare minimum.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

ChairMaster posted:

A better answer is who cares? Once he's not free to hurt people anymore it really doesn't matter to me what happens to him, he can live in comfortable Anders Behring Brevik Norway prison or he can live in privatized American torture prison, it doesn't really matter on the personal level. Just the former is better for society.

"Why should we care about what happens to prisoners?" says member of society that routinely imprisons people incorrectly.