Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

stone cold posted:

and

institutions that a. protect b. shelter and c. encourage sexual predation

This is from a few year back, at a D3 school.

There were (probably are more) 55 colleges under federal review.

"Fader’s complaint comes as UW-Whitewater is facing with a federal probe into its handling of sexual assault cases. The university was one of only 55 colleges nationwide under investigation by the federal government in 2014 for failing to properly investigate campus sexual assault allegations. Fader believed the university was attempting to make an example out of him over a technical violation, court papers reveal."

https://www.thedailybeast.com/college-coach-i-was-fired-for-reporting-campus-rape-to-police

I don't know the daily beast, but this is more or less the story I've hear from recent alumni and current students.

The problem is that it's literally all of them. Not even just universities. Every business, government, and non-profit has a reason to protect its execs. If the management looks bad the rest of the "establishment" looks bad. Patriarchy goes hand in hand with capitalism. gently caress capitalism. The problem isn't only sexual assault(I'll agree that it is a main problem),it's every cover up from drug use to money laundring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quabzor
Oct 17, 2010

My whole life just flashed before my eyes! Dude, I sleep a lot.

mastershakeman posted:

WASHINGTON — The former head of USA Gymnastics pleaded the Fifth at a congressional hearing on Tuesday, refusing to answer questions about his role in the sex abuse scandal surrounding Olympic team doctor and serial predator Larry Nassar.

How fun

I for one am surprised.

/sarcasm