Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

this is loving horrible. these women/girls were abandoned to this monster because the truth was "inconvenient" or some bullshit. i dont get how the enablers and the assholes who did nothing could look away from this poo poo. Sports dont take precedent to children getting sexualy assaulted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

stone cold posted:

being deeply invested in something doesn’t necessarily make it good, and sometimes extreme action is necessary especially when we see such a. bad actors and b. systematic institutional inertia wrt victims to downright malicious action against them

it’s a real good quote

pretty much. these assholes cared more about money and medals then the welfare of their children athletes. burn it all down as a example to others.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PT6A posted:

What the gently caress do we do about the fact that apparently a significant chunk of the population (predominantly male) seems to have the idea that they should be able to gently caress and molest men, women and children against their will with impunity, and that they seem to have widespread support to do so in many cases?

The scope of the problem is absolutely disgusting and mind-boggling, and it just seems to get bigger and bigger. How do we even start to get a handle on this?

power and privilege probably. this monster probably started with little "allowances" and once he realized no one was gonna do anything(my guess is at "best" some management jack off gave him a stern talking to) he just did it.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

PT6A posted:

To be honest, I'd always really hoped that the main thing stopping people from raping and molesting was more than "if I get caught, it will be bad."

That's a five-year-old's level of reasoning. Shouldn't most adults be operating at the level of "I shouldn't do this because it is morally repugnant, owing to the effect it would have on my victim"?

And now, for the more frightening thought: what if most adults are operating on that higher level of morality and there's a huge segment of people with pedophilic desires, who don't act on them because it's self-evidently loving deplorable to do so? That's a fairly disturbing thought as well!

depends on how your caught(i read/listen/watch way to much true crime) its kinda of thing unfortunately if your in some "high power position" and/or are critical to it and its success. my guess is this dude never was, the higher ups either didn't believe/didn't care about it. at some point, shithead realized he could keep doing it free of repercussions.