Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KuranesRex
Feb 19, 2017

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I mean, you'd think that "this literally destroys your brain" would have killed college football, but nope. I'm not sure any force in American public life, short of racism, is powerful enough to unseat or even significantly reduce the prominence of college sports.

Between realizing just how dangerous football really is to young men and trying to escape the dumpster fire of political animus around the anthem, I swore off watching the sport. It was easier than I thought it would be. I thought I had finally cast off the last vestiges of my lizard-brain-enthusiasm for the sport.

But then the birds had to go and clinch home field advantage in the playoffs. Then they made it to the NFC championship. Now, after breaking my abstinence this past weekend to watch the Eagles dominate Minnesota and make it to the super bowl, my lizard brain is screaming "E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!". Now I find myself strutting around with pride and feeling strange sensations in my loins when I see pictures of Nick Foles.

But if I found out the Eagles organization was perpetuating child molestation? gently caress all of them. Forever. I'd be a Cowboys fan before I'd forgive them for that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU