Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Okay -- you talk WAY too fast.
Nap Ghost

stone cold posted:

burn it the gently caress down

And salt the earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Henchman of Santa posted:

Looks like she didn't put any blame on herself at all
Can't confirm complicity until after the civil suits settle.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I'm rather horrified by how some visits were chaperoned and still they were assured it was all legitimate medicine.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

exploded mummy posted:

even if Paterno arguably had more actual power over matters because he essentially was God to everyone in the state other than Pitt alumni at that point.
I think Pennsylvanians will find this a bit more accurate.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

exploded mummy posted:

At least Paterno managed to disappear the DA who declined to prosecute Sandusky the first time jfc

Pretty much the only thing that could improve my stance on Paterno at all (which currently, despite being an alumnus, is "may he rot forever and be condemned for eternity as well") would be if he actually had managed to kill the DA who declined to prosecute. And then it would be only the tiniest improvement, since he could have offed Sandusky instead and then apologized to everyone he had hurt.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
I wish there were some administrator who overheard a damning conversation between Simon and DeVos and who had access to some confirmatory e-mails. I'd love for both of these people to burn.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

stone cold posted:

i mean...

who knows, right?

Yeah, the timing and such is so close that I hope they're as sloppy about collusion as the rest of the administration.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Willie Tomg posted:

The more I find out about this the more I'm coming around very loving strongly to stone cold's views.
"Burn it the gently caress down" is pretty much 100% correct.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

botany posted:

i think we're completely talking past each other but we're also derailing a thread that's pretty important right now. i have no idea if there's a more appropriate thread for this discussion, but if there is i'd like to take it elsewhere.

Yeah, but since you two aren't advocating for (or merely happy to ignore) the literal rape of those we incarcerate, you are only pulling the conversation upward.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
... jesus.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

stone cold posted:

as it turns out, we should in fact burn down the institutions

It keeps circling back to this, and it seems more right each time.

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Notice that when somebody like Nassar goes down there's a lot of "but he seemed so niiiiiiiiiice!!!!" going around. Same thing here, really; a guy like that will manage to arrange it so that he looks like a pillar of the organization who just cares so much about others. Then it turns out he's a loving creep.
Yeah, a guy who was really well-regarded in emergency medicine was accused of ejaculating on a patient. People started circling the wagons since her story was a little weird (she said he injected her with morphine and she was paralyzed, which doesn't make sense, but it's not like he wouldn't have had access to other medications); the patient had taken the sheets from the encounter and they tested positive for his semen. He tried to argue at first that he rubbed one off in the bathroom and then didn't wash his hands before seeing the patient, but that didn't fly. It couldn't possibly have been the first time. I can't imagine someone just decides one day, "I think I'll drug a patient and jerk off on her!"

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

mandatory lesbian posted:

Uh I mean yeah it kinda does have to start at some point

I'm going to go with "smaller offenses likely led up to this rather than he was a perfectly professional physician until one fateful day ..."

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost
USA Gymnastics just filed for bankruptcy. The article states that this puts a stop of discovery and depositions, which is some bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tetrapyloctomy
Feb 18, 2003

Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

That is bullshit, those need to keep going even if I also want them obliterated as a company

It's almost certainly why they declared bankruptcy in the first place, as apparently preexisting insurance covers the damages. They want to quash the possibility of additional lawsuits by silencing the victims.