Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I was listening to this and imho youre country is loving doomed. You're funding a government week-to-week and considering electing another talk-show host to replace the pissboy president.

I mean jesus i hope you're going to a gun range on the reg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

this demon cracker nation's fate was sealed once reagan took office OP

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
good

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

inshallah

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
which warring faction are you gonna join

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Kurtofan posted:

juggalos

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

a couple decades? oh please, we ain't even gonna make it one decade at this rate.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
it can't happen soon enough

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Kurtofan posted:

Which faction will Chuck Schumer be in? I want to be in the first one that feuds with his faction because they will be super easy to outwit.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

this demon cracker nation's fate was sealed once reagan took office OP

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Mandate of heavens friendship with America over, now China is my best friend again

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

How's everyone's kowtow coming along

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Kurtofan posted:

does chicaco get a workers syndicalist state?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
i mean i missed out on syria, so

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Kurtofan posted:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

:ocelot:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

forkboy84 posted:

Which faction will Chuck Schumer be in? I want to be in the first one that feuds with his faction because they will be super easy to outwit.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gently caress that's too far away, better speed things up some more

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This weird idea you have that our collapse isn't going to lead to yours is bizarre. When America falls apart, we're taking the rest of the world with us. The economic damage alone will be immense.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

This weird idea you have that our collapse isn't going to lead to yours is bizarre. When America falls apart, we're taking the rest of the world with us. The economic damage alone will be immense.

Turns out capitalism wasn't sustainable :thunk:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lawman 0 posted:

Turns out capitalism wasn't sustainable :thunk:
Who knew?????

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lol that the South doesn't just call them selves "Confederacy" again and become a slave owning shitshow

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

ikanreed posted:

Lol that the South doesn't just call them selves "Confederacy" again and become a slave owning shitshow

AUS was an unused tag in the Hearts of Iron 2 Kaiserreich mod, and the Combined Syndicates used CSA.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Sure, but not as much as you think. China is building its One Roadbelt across the Eurasian continent and integrating the whole of Africa into its supply chains and political hegemony. In a decade they'll be able to bypass any American hegemony holding them back and ship any product the rest of the world might want without going through any of the naval routes you currently control, and then what?

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

yes. Cool mod for hoi4 too

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

lollontee posted:

Sure, but not as much as you think. China is building its One Roadbelt across the Eurasian continent and integrating the whole of Africa into its supply chains and political hegemony. In a decade they'll be able to bypass any American hegemony holding them back and ship any product the rest of the world might want without going through any of the naval routes you currently control, and then what?
Then their economy collapses because, new markets or not, America is a massive buyer of Chinese goods.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The U.S. just represents a huge amount of money in the global economy, American instability or collapse fucks all y'all.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FactsAreUseless posted:

The U.S. just represents a huge amount of money in the global economy, American instability or collapse fucks all y'all.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Manifest Destiny motherfuckers, economic collapse from the Pacific to the Atlantic.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just link up the good parts through Canada Bing bong

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, but honestly all we want is for the rich to suffer. There's not much further for American poor to fall

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

FactsAreUseless posted:

To a degree. But the world adjusts. And China is obviously preparing for that adjustment by developing their internal market, building infrastructure links, browbeating their neighbours back into being good tributary states whilst U.S influence collapses etc. An American collapse will primarily hurt people who can't or won't prepare for the new reality. Top of the list of people who are unprepared for a non-Americentric world is, guess who, America.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Often Abbreviated posted:

To a degree. But the world adjusts. And China is obviously preparing for that adjustment by developing their internal market, building infrastructure links, browbeating their neighbours back into being good tributary states whilst U.S influence collapses etc. An American collapse will primarily hurt people who can't or won't prepare for the new reality. Top of the list of people who are unprepared for a non-Americentric world is, guess who, America.
I'm not convinced China is as stable as people think.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

FactsAreUseless posted:

well who ever heard of an otherwise powerful and prosperous society being undone by long-term environmental deterioration created by its own development

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vknI1ygCJPM&t=14s

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

zeal posted:

well who ever heard of an otherwise powerful and prosperous society being undone by long-term environmental deterioration created by its own development
There's that, but I'm more concerned about the fact that China's government only functions through crackdowns on dissent. I don't see that as sustainable long-term, especially with a growing educated middle class.

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

FactsAreUseless posted:

Neither is the Chinese government, which is why they prepare for that poo poo.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

FactsAreUseless posted:

it'll be the most entertaining international murder-suicide imho

if anyone wants to cheerlead the EU, one has to look no further the populist reaction to constant austerity

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
do chinese people on average see their lives getting better or worse? do they see themselves as being better off than their parents? and that their kids have a good chance of being better off than they are?

if the answer is generally yes then a collapse might take awhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the right always talks about having "bug out bags" when the shtf.

imo the left needs to think about "bug in bags" of in-demand goods that will be highly desired in the wasteland: liquor, cigarettes, etc.

everybody wants to be the wanderer of the wasteland but who really holds the power?

• Locked thread