Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Welcome to 2018 Airmen. Look to your left, and to your right. Those are your Wingmen. gently caress em.

Not really, but remember they might be a Red Dot.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Jan 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Roll Call!

Godholio
Arc Light
CommieGIR
Prop Wash
dscruffy1 - We need to talk about your PT failures.
Rekinom - Night Shift Flyer, report to Flight Ops
Casimir Radon - Urine Testing Task Force
whatspeakyou

Obviously, everyone on this list is going to have to stay after and speak with the Shirt. You didn't fill out your travel vouchers.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Jan 23, 2018

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I'm the guy nodding off in the second row and feeling mildly bad but not bad enough to give a gently caress.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

dscruffy1 posted:

I'm the guy nodding off in the second row and feeling mildly bad but not bad enough to give a gently caress.

That was every commanders call. Finally got the point I'd bring candy with me because otherwise I'd just nod off as some jackass, who never learned how to properly use powerpoint, read each slide word for word and then sat there for 5 minutes before clicking to the next slide.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Isn't someone supposed to make coffee? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Edit: We had a guy in ABM school who had a habit of falling asleep during CC calls, mass briefs, whatever. Full up snoring and everything. He was a prior Army O-3 who joined the ANG, so they let it ride with some weak efforts to tell him to knock it off. After he flunked out of the school and got sent back to his unit to be retrained into PA or something, rumor mill said he got canned after doing it to his own commander. ANG disappears from his linkedin profile about that time, too.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Well, I'm going back into the reserves. The power of being able to tell airline schedulers to gently caress off and drop orders on their rear end last minute when they schedule me for something I don't like was simply too enticing. Tricare discount will be nice too, I was paying like $500/mo for company coverage.

The only part that sucks is I'll have to deploy sometime late next year for 2 months, but I've always wanted to live out my desert part timer revenge fantasy of truly giving zero fucks.

Working a job where you don't care if you get fired will be fun.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

There's a rumor that the OCP might be a stateside authorized uniform sometime around the end og the year. That would be nice.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Casimir Radon posted:

There's a rumor that the OCP might be a stateside authorized uniform sometime around the end og the year. That would be nice.

CMSAF came by here like 6 months ago talking about that. Apparently they're waiting for AFFES to burn through their giant mountain of blind people craft backlog before switching.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

whatspeakyou posted:

CMSAF came by here like 6 months ago talking about that. Apparently they're waiting for AFFES to burn through their giant mountain of blind people craft backlog before switching.

Of course they're referring to it now as the Airman Combat Uniform, or ACU. Which is dumb on so many levels.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Casimir Radon posted:

Of course they're referring to it now as the Airman Combat Uniform, or ACU. Which is dumb on so many levels.

But sir, we are Warrior Airmen.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

whatspeakyou posted:

Well Rounded, per our PT program.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
Managed to work 69 and 420 into my airman's EPR, let's see how far it gets up the chain before someone calls me on it.

AFStealth
Jun 24, 2006

Shut up baby, I know it
Currently wearing OCPs full time in the tacp world. Pretty comfy.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Softface posted:

Managed to work 69 and 420 into my airman's EPR, let's see how far it gets up the chain before someone calls me on it.

One of our dudes wrote an OPR with the first letters of each bullet spelling LEGEND vertically. It made it through and wasn't revealed until the next callsign night. The commander just facepalmed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

What's wrong with ABUs that has everybody salivating at the idea of spending $300 on a new set of uniforms

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
It's more that ACUs are just better. AFPSC command chief told us that if we had a serviceable set of ABUs to not bother getting new ones, and that we'd probably be swapping the morale shirts for unit patches.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

What's wrong with ABUs that has everybody salivating at the idea of spending $300 on a new set of uniforms
Ugly, don't blend into anything, considerably less comfortable than OCPs...

I got the old twill ones in basic training. Those things loving sucked in the Mississippi summer.

Softface
Feb 16, 2011

Some things can't be unseen
http://www.clickhole.com/article/6-things-couldve-been-bought-15-trillion-governmen-2407

Reposted on social media the same day as the new thread. It can't be a coincidence.

Jimmy Smuts
Aug 8, 2000

bring back BDUs; they had it right with the summer and winter weight options

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Soak up coffee like a champ without obvious staining, require no ironing, remain completely in regs when pulled out of a gym bag, don't need to blend in with anything inside a cubicle

I give ABUs an 8/10

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Half of them look pink straight from the factory. 9/10.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Put everyone into flight suits, but with fun colors for certain jobs

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Prop Wash posted:

Flight Suits are what I wear when I'm doing work on my cars, its great because I can wear my nice office suit, and then just throw the flight suit over it and work on cars.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Prop Wash posted:

That used to be a thing, kind of. I remember missiles wore blue ones.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Godholio posted:

That used to be a thing, kind of. I remember missiles wore blue ones.

Yeah, I remember that in old ICBM Officer training videos

There are two different shades of green!

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Incase you are wondering how things are going down at the Deid:
https://i.imgur.com/xIDs6Rd.jpg

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cenen posted:

Incase you are wondering how things are going down at the Deid:
https://i.imgur.com/xIDs6Rd.jpg

LMAO. I remember when I was at the Deid, they closed the bathroom on the corner by the gate due to black mold and cut the power.

But the Marines and fliers kept using it anyways to avoid walking just a little further to another bathroom, so the entire place started to leak more. Then the toilets broke in the condemned bathroom, so people starting making GBS threads/pissing in the showers.

There was a clean and usable bathroom less than a minute away.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

I've got four more years to stretch out this pair of ABUs till I retire. I won't be deploying from Korea and I plan to retire out here, so welp, guess I'll be that guy who wore his BDUs till the last day.

Edit: At least they'll be Arctic White for Chosin Reservoir II

Knives Amilli
Sep 26, 2014
ABUs are ok.....i just want velcro rank and unit patches

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

whatspeakyou posted:

It's even better when they tell a bunch of doctors that we are "warrior medics". Uhhh...I know you have a hard-on for PT tests and playing soldier, but we're not even combatants, much less hardcore operators. I actually had to explain Geneva conventions categories to my deputy commander once.

In Kandahar.

During a ground attack.

In which he wanted me to man a weapon for which I had no training on the grounds that the AF had issued me an M9 to wear when I walked from my bunk to the hospital. I told him I'd stand in the line of fire if he really wanted me to--I'm not a coward--but I wasn't firing a weapon in anger, and he could explain why the only doc on the compound wasn't available to see casualties.

Got an apology email from the OG the next day.

Ragaman
Feb 6, 2002
Title? I dont need no stinkin' Title
That deputy commander sounds a like classic "Captain America" type a la Generation Kill. I re-watched that series a few days ago and it still holds up.

Dammit_Carl!
Mar 5, 2013
Got my letter saying that I'm qualified for reserve retirement pay, and I've seven months left on my current enlistment. Time to shift to IRR and ride the couch till spliff time!

Best part is the wife going, "well, why don't you just do twenty-five years?"

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
Out for three weeks and y'all already forgot about me.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

xaarman posted:

Out for three weeks and y'all already forgot about me.

While we're happy for those who have escaped, dwelling on it just makes our own lives more depressing.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

:lol: That Steve Sax avatar fits perfectly.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

This one goes out to Air Force lodging and their laughably inadequate internet

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr

Prop Wash posted:

This one goes out to Air Force lodging and their laughably inadequate internet

Still have no idea how things are done in a modern world. I spent the better part of an hour trying to get two 8MB files from one site to another.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

It's because AF Inns are managed by contractors, and you get shithead base commanders decreeing that people WILL use on-base lodging even if it's not technically required. Can't remember which pilot training base that was.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I’ve stayed in too many garbage AF Inns with zero internet connectivity and extremely dated and disgusting furnishing. Why should I have to stay in some loving roach motel when all the ones off base offer the gov’t rate anyway? It costs the feds more to maintain those loving shacks than it does to pay for a night at the Marriot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I’ve stayed in too many garbage AF Inns with zero internet connectivity and extremely dated and disgusting furnishing. Why should I have to stay in some loving roach motel when all the ones off base offer the gov’t rate anyway? It costs the feds more to maintain those loving shacks than it does to pay for a night at the Marriot.

But then what would they do with all 4 Services airmen assigned to the hotel?