Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

timmys does not want you to linger

go through the drive thru as fast as possible

expect to see more hostile architecture employed inside once boomers die off and stop hanging out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Then why the gently caress have they repeatedly introduced food that takes 3 minutes to cook over the past 15 years?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Tim's doesn't have to be good. THey too are slop. They have the most recognizable name in Canada and complete market (ugh) domination through the sheer number of locations. That's why instead of good coffee and tasty fresh doughnuts they keep doing all this god awful frozen 'food' because they already have the 'just need any coffee' consumer captured and need to keep expanding to the 'just need any sandwich/soup/pizza' consumer. It's a pure fast food mentality of maximising the number and variety of customers and has been for decades. Like Watermelon said they will almost certainly be abandoning inside seating etc. entirely because like McDonalds and Wendy's and whoever else they just need to chase the greatest throughput of customers

Plus they keep labour costs low through insanely exploitative use of TFRs, the desperate poor, students etc but mostly the first one

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Fried Watermelon posted:

expect to see more hostile architecture employed inside once boomers die off and stop hanging out

as long as they keep in general having the cleanest shitters on the road ill still go there for that, and its hard to gently caress up placing a tea bag in hot water

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Pizza 73 is the only good thing about Alberta and mostly for the old radio jingle

i loved how they had one pizza called the "Italian Stallion"; ordering that was always fun

"give me one Hot & Fresh 12" Italian Stallion, please!" :heysexy:

there's no way that wasn't on purpose

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Albino Squirrel posted:

My favourite thing about Edmonton is that the Ukrainian Youth complex near my mother-in-law's house has its own Wikipedia page based on a statue of a Nazi.

Although TBF most of the people of Ukrainian descent I speak to are less "pro-Nazi" and more "anti-getting-invaded" which is a rather more agreeable opinion. My wife's family, like many Ukrainian-Albertans, have been in the Prairies since the first bit of the 20th century and so missed both the rise of communism and the reactionary bullshit that followed.

yeah its real frustrating and disappointing to keep finding out about all this nazi poo poo; my mother's side of the family (even the norwegian lol) all came over early 20th too, and im pretty sure my stepmother's family did then also, so well before any of that went on.

at least on my dads side my gigi fought on the right side at stalingrad, and my pink baba machine gunned nazis that she caught on her land; that sides all polish but close to the border with ukraine, as i understand it. pretty sure they were landlords so that sucks but they sure didnt keep it lol

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024
Probation
Can't post for 45 minutes!

mila kunis posted:

i wonder if poster "frosted flake" is still around. i think he'd find this pretty annoying

https://twitter.com/MarkAmesExiled/status/1779994824113869044

This January, the American Library Association (ALA) published a list of Best Historical Materials for 2023, which includes Enemy Archives: Soviet Counterinsurgency Operations and the Ukrainian Nationalist MovementSelections from the Secret Police Archives.

This compendium of Soviet documents was edited by Volodymyr Viatrovych and Lubomyr Luciuk. Viatrovych, who is currently a deputy in the Ukrainian parliament, is notorious for drafting laws glorifying Ukrainian Nazi collaborators and Holocaust perpetrators. Hes been condemned by Jewish organizations as well as the governments of Poland and Israel. Luciuk, a professor in Canadas elite military college, has defended a Third Reich division accused of war crimes.

[...]

Luciuk, is a professor at the Royal Military College of Canadathe countrys equivalent of West Point. Last year, he published an edited excerpt from Enemy Archives in the National Post, a major Canadian paper. The article described the OUN as having been maligned by the USSR, which routinely portrayed members of this Ukrainian nationalist movement as war criminals, Nazi collaborators, fascists and so on, a trope regurgitated regularly by the Russian Federation.

The piece made it sound as if the OUNs collaboration with the Third Reich was Soviet propaganda, instead of established historical fact. The Simon Wiesenthal Center (SWC) denounced the National Post for providing space to Lubomyr Luciuk who continues to spread Holocaust distortion and disinformation.

[...]

Luciuk has also vociferously defended the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS (1st Galician), commonly known as SS Galizien. This was a formation in the SSthe paramilitary arm of the Nazi Party and the chief perpetrator of the Holocaust.

SS Galizien was armed, trained, and commanded by German SS officers. Its soldiers, who were overwhelmingly volunteers, swore an oath to Hitler. A video clip from USHMM archives shows the German high command staging elaborate, Nuremberg-style enlistment ceremonies with beaming recruits marching under SS banners. In 1944, the division was visited by SS head Heinrich Himmlerthe mastermind of the Holocaustwho praised the fighters willingness to slaughter Poles. Indeed, prior to Himmlers visit, SS Galizien subunits distinguished themselves by burning 5001,000 Polish villagers alive.

Luciuk has written numerous defenses of SS Galizien, stating that they werent pro-Nazi, they werent anti-Semitic and they didnt engage in war crimes.

[...]

Last fall, on the occasion of a visit by Zelensky, the speaker of the Canadian Parliament recognized SS Galizien veteran Yaroslav Hunka, who was present, prompting a standing ovation by parliamentarians. The ensuing scandal led to the speakers resignation, an apology from Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, and condemnation from Canadian Jewish organizations.

Luciuk disagreed. The professor employed by the Canadian militarywhich lost over 45,000 men in the war against Nazi Germanyclaimed that members of Parliament joined an execrable chorus of zealots and prats who gibbeted Hunka for someone he never was a former Nazi. Id say the House owes our fellow Canadian, and an innocent man, a public apology.

Wherever that poster is, Luciuk would definitely get him fired and god knows what else if he ever got on that tenured psycho's radar.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Slotducks posted:

Then why the gently caress have they repeatedly introduced food that takes 3 minutes to cook over the past 15 years?

I'm still pissed they had those beyond meat options and they were always sold out of them then they stopped selling them because they said no one was buying them

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"I'm not pro-genocide, I just think all threatening races should be exterminated. Defensively,"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Wherever that poster is, Luciuk would definitely get him fired and god knows what else if he ever got on that tenured psycho's radar.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/CP24/status/1780295267993932273

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

someone's lunch poutine just got a whole lot drier

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I bought all the impossible meats and burned them to keep warm on the convoy honk honk!

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

blatman posted:

theres usually a bunch of those halloween sized bags of chips in a corner somewhere but one time at one of the now-defunct clubs they had a potluck night and some madman brought spicy burritos and jalapeno poppers
potluck night at the sex club :hmmno:

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

gotta bring suicide wings

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

If only there was someone on the forums who knew how to make the perfect dirty sex club lasagna...

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

We haven't learned from the failures of McDonald's pizza....

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

UnknownMercenary posted:

that was my first thought. like honestly if mcdonalds cant make it work.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
maccas changes their menu in different countries do they still do pizza anywhere

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

maccas changes their menu in different countries do they still do pizza anywhere

mcdonalds wiki posted:

The product originated as a family-sized pizza that was brought out to the table by an employee and placed on a raised rack in the center. Later it was scaled down to a personal-size pizza. By 1991, the McDonald's test markets for pizza had grown to over 500 locations before being placed on hold. The McPizza was discontinued in almost all restaurants by around 2000 because the eleven to sixteen-minute cook was out of sync with the restaurant's reputation for fast service. As of 2024, McDonald's pizza is still available at only one location, in Orlando, Florida.

it does seem ripe for a comeback. they can absolutely do a fast food quality pizza quicker than 16 minutes these days

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

What was it like spending a few months "backpacking" in Australia after graduating high school

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
WRONG it was an ex from malaysia I'm white trash too poor to travel

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Gravid Topiary posted:

potluck night at the sex club :hmmno:

its not a usual thing because its very stupid, u want to find a venue that has board game night

the place we used to go to had big jenga - blocks the size of cinderblocks and when it toppled over it sounded like the kool aid man in a speedo just burst through a wall

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
i remember liking mcdonalds pizza quite a lot but i was also a literal child, you put anything covered in melted cheese in front of one of those and theyll be a happy camper

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

neongrey posted:

i remember liking mcdonalds pizza quite a lot but i was also a literal child, you put anything covered in melted cheese in front of one of those and theyll be a happy camper

yeah i mean once the tv taught me how to slice a hot dog and stuff it with cheese before microwaving it to death when i was six it became my goto meal for years lol

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

neongrey posted:

I miss the arch deluxe

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

thunderspanks posted:

I miss the arch deluxe

lmao i got one of those as a kid and felt extremely sophisticated

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Pizza Pizza is better than Dominos or Pizza Hut. There, I said it. Come at me.

lol.

their Mediterranean is p good

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Cerepol posted:

as long as they keep in general having the cleanest shitters on the road ill still go there for that, and its hard to gently caress up placing a tea bag in hot water

OTOH, avoid the shitter at the Tim's in Revelstoke

Its dire

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

UnknownMercenary posted:

gently caress you it was good

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bring back shaker fries, thanks.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

DaysBefore posted:

If only there was someone on the forums who knew how to make the perfect dirty sex club lasagna...

That's just the roommate with the saxophone

StealthArcher has issued a correction as of 14:48 on Apr 17, 2024

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

DaysBefore posted:

dirty sex club lasagna...

You've got someone's attention (top right panel).

https://twitter.com/silkentine/status/1776428497113596017

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024
Probation
Apparently GAC is keeping a lid on how bad the damage to the embassy in Syria was.

This seems to be a subversion of the national interest, but what the gently caress do I know?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Apparently GAC is keeping a lid on how bad the damage to the embassy in Syria was.

This seems to be a subversion of the national interest, but what the gently caress do I know?

lol who the gently caress cares, this worthless country and government and all political parties will keep bending over backwards to support israel no matter what happens

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
All of Canada's smartest economists (realtors) are on Twitter very concerned that everybody in the country is going to get taxed at 66.7% now and that doctors are going to leave en-masse because they are being punished for their success

The tax is 66.7% of capital gains over 250k instead of 50% of capital gains being taxable, with the sale of primary residences being exempt lol

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Imagining a scenario where Trudeau proposed to tax things the way his sexed up father did. I assume it'd less than a month before the Irving-sponsored burning at the stake lol

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Not reading lovely Xeets but did any of the free market qqers have comments about how the capital gains inclusion rate was 75% from 1990-2000?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024
Probation
I cant wait for whatever astroturfed Trucker bullshit is being hashed out at this moment

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

is there literally any reason to have an inclusion rate at all, other than the ability to shriek "66% tax rate!!!" at your gullible, under-informed voters?