Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen
housefather more more like fuckshitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011
im permaprime minister einstazgruppelover58. i first started reading Solzhenitsyn when i was about 12. by 14 i got really obsessed with the concept of "dual holocausts" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "soviet pogroms" and "the soviets were equally bad as the nazis" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing foreign agents in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now a minority government. i always wondered what the kind of "ironic" style of liberal humor was all about; i think it's the unconscious racism leaking in to the conscious classism, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of fascism and reactionary syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" liberalism to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to support ethnic cleansing. peace.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
i had to read solzhenitsyn in one of my french classes lol. i think it might have been day in the life

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Headline in the Star: "King Charles is getting back to work, but..."

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I'd like to see him type with those fuckin weird fingers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Arivia posted:

residential schools, now rebranded as katimavik

the adventure of a lifetime

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

infernal machines posted:

they probably can't fire him because the police association went to bat for him and their collective agreement doesn't allow it

you have to be a colossal bastard to other police before you've got a shot at getting fired

bolded the thing that cost the officer his job

a colossal bastard or just complain about your coworkers trying to sexually assault you:

https://torontolife.com/deep-dives/firouzeh-zarabi-majd-discrimination-harassment-abuse-toronto-police-service/

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

No computer no problem. Simply put a Dreamcast with keyboard and Typing of the Dead into every classroom. Great way to learn how to type.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

kids from kindergarten through grade 6 should be playing atleast 30 minutes of Cross Country Canada a day. I will be writing my mp about this

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Suplex Liberace posted:

kids from kindergarten through grade 6 should be playing atleast 30 minutes of Cross Country Canada a day. I will be writing my mp about this

Put Apple 2s back in the classroom, bing bong so simple. Addresses all of the problems brought up so far.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
cross country canada

why buy a mattress anywhere else ding!

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Put Apple 2s back in the classroom, bing bong so simple. Addresses all of the problems brought up so far.

Unironically this. Load them up with number munchers for the entire class and make them read ancient COMPUTE! magazines for homework.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Entorwellian posted:

Unironically this. Load them up with number munchers for the entire class and make them read ancient COMPUTE! magazines for homework.

literally had number munchers on the brain when i read that post

just need to update it for higher maths

Rodney The Yam II
Mar 3, 2007

Tighclops posted:

cross country canada

OH GOD

This one and United Furniture Warehouse

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Tighclops posted:

cross country canada

capitaldirect.ca

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

How will kids learn how to avoid birds of prey and what a Dolly Varden is if they're not playing Odell Lake on an Apple IIe.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

what was the name of that game where you could smoke weed, tell the fat kid that he stank, and then go home and ignore the dishes

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

resistentialism posted:

what was the name of that game where you could smoke weed, tell the fat kid that he stank, and then go home and ignore the dishes

duke nukem forever

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
high school

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

I remember imacs in my HS and those one button mice made me so angry

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Tighclops posted:

cross country canada

Think of the money you're going to save!

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Femtosecond posted:

No computer no problem. Simply put a Dreamcast with keyboard and Typing of the Dead into every classroom. Great way to learn how to type.

imagine the cost lol

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

tony homedaddy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Lol Skippy got ejected from the HOC just now and the house is in chaos.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Arc Hammer posted:

Lol Skippy got ejected from the HOC just now and the house is in chaos.

what what?? what did he do?? oh this is funny

e:

quote:

OTTAWA - Speaker Greg Fergus kicked Conservative Leader Pierre Poilievre out of the House of Commons during question period today.
All Conservative MPs have left the chamber in protest after Fergus gave Poilievre multiple chances to withdraw comments calling Prime Minister Justin Trudeau a "wacko" and an "extremist

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

madmatt112 posted:

what what?? what did he do?? oh this is funny

name calling. we don’t have grown ups running the show.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Called Trudeau a Whacko. Speaker asked him to retract the statement. He refused, so Fergus tossed him out and then the rest of the tory caucus bailed from the house.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

has the entire English language at his disposal, and the best he came up with was “wacko”

this guy is a continual disappointment

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Funny but also decorum crap lol. MPs should start punching each other again

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Gray_Mackenzie/status/1785381041357607130?t=p_A79L1bEAh-bZs5s193cQ&s=19

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This is going to get way more media airtime and journalists decrying the disrespect for democracy compared to the unanimous standing ovation for a Waffen SS veteran, calling it now

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

who put the ringmod and flanger on Milhouse's mic

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

DaysBefore posted:

ah the heady days of 2016

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

DaysBefore posted:

they wont because Trudeau would just win again

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
mfer sounds like an impotent Dalek

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mister Speaker posted:

who put the ringmod and flanger on Milhouse's mic

that's just how robots sound

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

such a great government of us all

DynamicSloth
Jul 30, 2006

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth."

DaysBefore posted:

This is going to get way more media airtime and journalists decrying the disrespect for democracy compared to the unanimous standing ovation for a Waffen SS veteran, calling it now

I kind of doubt it, Liberals will try to make some :decorum: hay out of this and most people won't care. Applauding the Nazi was an international story/punchline for a week and Canada will never live it down.

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

4 people died on the 401 in Ontario after a van was chased by the police going the wrong way down the highway. Resulted in a multi-vehicle collision.

SIU is investigating, so I have a feeling what may have happened… Hope I’m wrong.

Police are pivoting to “this is why we need helicopters” but it really does beg the question why a police vehicle was chasing liquor store robbers the wrong way down the continent’s busiest highway.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/gr...3dbf3f.amp.html

a primate has issued a correction as of 21:28 on Apr 30, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

madmatt112 posted:

has the entire English language at his disposal, and the best he came up with was “wacko”

this guy is a continual disappointment

surprised he didn't go with 'goof'

base would have loved that