Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Canada: a racism zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

So guys when is this thread supposed to turn into a shitfestival of completely unconscious liberal partisan posting and regional piss fights

I might stick around until them

the regular safe space canpol thead has already become that so I give us.....5 more posts

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Tighclops posted:

canadians are loving stupid

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

canpol in a nutshell

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm getting the two threads confused now with seriousposts here and shitposts there

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

murked by dragon posted:

best cities in canada, ranked Accurately:

1. guelph, ON
2. mississauga, ON
3. peterborough, ON

i don't see The Paris of the Prairies on that list, sir

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

yeah I'm not defending CI's terrible posting at all, but most of this country is also racist and terrible so it's exactly what canpol is, in a nutshell

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_tApV8fTrc

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Jesus gently caress even this thread is talking about the keg too, loving canpol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

government revenues:
income tax $150 billion
corporate tax $41 billion
gst 33 billion
excise and duty 66 billion
crown corps 60 billion
offshore tax losses and evasion MINUS FIFTY BILLION DOLLARS

help i can't find the money to stop running 30 billion dollar deficits and fund mental health

how much from brown people murder tanks LAVs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol ontario

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Eox posted:

alternatively, the least efficient missile to ever hit the ground

The avro arrow?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

I have to do the Canadian thing and complain about our thread title

*Boring?* The reason America isn't boring is because its a neo-darwinian hellscape ruled over by a stumbling, demented, child king. If that's what 'boring' is I'll take it

So: single posters ITT

Have you thought of marrying an American refugee? I mean granted having to marry someone to escape your nation's squalidly dysfunctional political oppression is unfair and hosed up, making them live in a place where the fog gets so thick it can support the weight of small fish that swim in it more unfair still

But I bet there are some cute ones out there in need of marrying

a/s/l?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

THC posted:

It's not as simple as just marrying a Canadian. You still have to follow the same process as other prospective immigrants (or just be rich and become an Immigrant Investor lol)

But I'm Single and Ready to Mingle

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Reince Penis posted:

What man will willingly seek to serve in politics in Ontario in this environment?
[/i]

hopefully none, op

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

me and my family and extended family have been through multiple parts of our health care system a lot in the past couple years and it's fantastic, I will never stop praising it

that said, it would be nice to have dental and drug coverage publicly

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Misogynice Job! posted:

Hey I live in massachusetts and i'm dating someone who lives in new brunswick, am i loving stupid?

Better than someone from Alberta

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

klockwerk posted:

Torontonians aren't Canadians, they're Torontonians.

Same but vancouverites

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Ill Peripheral posted:

Reading this article about how ICBC just lost a billion dollars in 9 months, how does insurance work in that province? Like, I know there is pretty well no way I'm making a claim on anything less than severe damage to my vehicle, since I'm likely going to pay say a replacement bumper multiple times over in a rate increase over the amount of years it takes for my insurance to drop back down.

Does it work like this over there? Or is ICBC just very soft? Avg. Ontario insurance isn't that much more than BC's, so I don't get how they can be eating this much poo poo.

Combo of a fuckload of expensive cars getting wrecked that don't pay an appropriate and proportionate amount into the insurance system, no cap on personal injury claims, and the BC Liberals stealing from their coffers.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Reince Penis posted:

How does this real picture look like a 90s CGI game or bad photoshop

ahaaahaha he looks like a Hutt

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

Prove that you voted without coercion.

If we can file tax returns online, we can vote online. If you can vote by mail, I don't see why you can't vote online too, 1 per SIN or something

As someone who works in infosec and prefers all the modern conveniences that come with online apps and services, etc - Online voting should never happen.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

McGavin posted:

Yeah, but with online voting you can vote while taking a poo poo. I tried doing that under the current system and I got yelled at by some geriatric prude. :argh:

I was gonna say, nothings stopping us from doing so under the current system!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

Make elections a national holiday so I can vote first thing in the morning and spend the rest of the day shitposting

that's how I spend every day except instead of voting I usually just take a steaming dump

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

infernal machines posted:

I'm assuming this extends to whatever percentage of Canadians live in suburban and rural areas.

Absolutely, gently caress all rurals

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Risky Bisquick posted:

Community mailboxes are fine in the suburbs. You have legs, use them

what if i'm too fat

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

remember, today, and only today, can you care about Canada's mental illness #BellLetsTalk

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/alberta-bc-crude-restrictions-kinder-morgan-pipeline-legal-action-1.4512068

gently caress off alberta

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Nebakenezzer posted:

I don't have any sympathy

BC grandstands against pipelines when it is a federal matter, not a provincial one, for easy environmental points, knowing full well they are gonna get slapped down and when that happens they are just gonna go "ah bloo hoo hoo, the FED"

We "grandstand against pipelines" because gently caress oil, Alberta, and you.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

cougar cub posted:

so which pipelines should we shut down first

I’m all for cutting Vancouver island off

All of them and sounds good.

e: wait, there's currently a pipeline to the island??

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Fallen Hamprince posted:

natural gas pipeline, BC residents need a constant supply to keep from dying of hypothermia in temperatures below 18° C

I mean that's not wrong

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

he's a loving Trudeau, you can bet your rear end he'll be remembered no matter what

they're like a milquetoast canadian version of the Kennedys

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Why do idiots think that pipelines will replace rail transport of oil? It just means a lot more oil will be shipped, doesn't change the method.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Also lmao pipelines leak WAY more than rail transport does are you loving kidding me

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

DariusLikewise posted:

have you guys considered that a foreign ownership tax is actually racist

yeah it's cool

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hi CI, also gently caress kinder morgan and any fuckwad that supports this pipeline or them

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

They somehow haven't sunk one of those subs

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste friends posted:

they took back gustaffson lake from invading tribes of hummmammamwhummm

quote:

By the end of the 31-day standoff, police had fired up to 77,000 rounds of ammunition, and killed a dog. One of the indigenous leaders claimed that at least one of the shooting incidents blamed on them in fact occurred when two APCs fired on one another when their view was obscured.[8] The operation was the largest paramilitary operation in British Columbia history and cost $5.5 million.[9]

aaahahahahaha

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste friends posted:

who do you think used more diapers in shuswap lake rcmp or cf

100% the mounties, I mean god drat they cried over a stapler

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Terror Sweat posted:

He shouldn't have been charged in the first place. It's a meme

nah it's not

Adbot