Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Escape Goat posted:

I live in a cupboard under the second stairwell

Handles on the cupboard? You were lucky.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
CTV Ottawa put up an article about a new rental building on Chaudiere Island. Out of 140 units 19 of them are affordable starting at $1350. On an island with almost no nearby amenities. Can't wait for the lack of rent control to make those "affordable apartments" rocket up in price after the initial leases end.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And how many of these wartime housing projects will be strangled in the crib by zoning laws and provincial inertia.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I should get some honey and see if I can salvage this tub of 0% fat yogurt that tastes like wallpaper paste.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Vintersorg posted:

Just another dumb loving idiot.

I had the "joy" of listening to the dumb loving idiots up on the Hill an hour ago where dipshits like Anthony Housefucker pissed and whined about Canada voting in favour of a ceasefire. It's absolutely incredible how so many politicians who claim to be progressive become two-faced weasels the minute Israel is mentioned. Human rights for me, Palestinians deserve death because of Hamas is all I heard coming out of that little fucker's mouth.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/charlesadler/status/1736738572504637578?t=feOOR8EUvLRioD-DfJbDQQ&s=19

Sure thing we're not an oppressor. We just give unreserved support to ethnic cleansing and half the country throws a shitfit when we vote for the most lame duck non-binding call for a ceasefire.

It honestly baffles me how so many people can correctly call out shitheels in our government system and massive right wing bigots only to then turn around and cast a blind eye to suffering for which we're all complicit.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 16:33 on Dec 18, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Another Bill posted:

I really feel like targeting retail chains like Zara or Indigo who are, can I say, at least one degree of separation away from the Israel Palestine conflict is a confusing and ineffective strategy by activists.

Picket outside the consulate or a weapons manufacturer, sure. But if it takes more than 10 words to explain why you're there, you've already lost half the population.

I agree that it's kind of a dumb place to protest for the same reason that I think climate activists vandalizing art galleries is exceptionally stupid. Moreso I was talking about how someone like Charles Adler can correctly call out bigotry from right wingers but then a dumb protest inside the Eaton Centre is suddenly the end of democracy and requires extensive handwringing.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 16:47 on Dec 18, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
And they're tracking down individuals who protested the Indigo store to destroy their careers. I worked for Indigo, met Reisman once at one of those cultish all-staff meetings and she gave me bad vibes ever since. She can absolutely go gently caress herself and take the cop hitsquad targeting protesters with her.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I consider the public to be a menace.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Rodney The Yam II posted:

In Montreal they put the stairs on the outside

I thought most of the winter deaths in Quebec were caused by poor insulation and old people but now I think they're all just slipping on icy stairwells.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

PhilippAchtel posted:

https://twitter.com/SeamusORegan/status/1711851802910474469

Funny how these comments have lost their punch after the deaths of tens of thousands and the displacement of 1.5 million people...

Don't worry Anthony Housefucker and Melissa Lantsman will carry that torch themselves while decrying any critics as antisemitic and or homophobic

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/YaroslavB/status/1737665602171326955?t=7qQQpsCwxHdGRmRV3SRylQ&s=19

Oh lovely we're doing this now, too. On the one hand I've gor a government I can't stand constantly doing idiotic nonsense and tripping over their own tongues everytime they approach a microphone and then on the other side the opposition and right wing rags lime the Sun pull poo poo like this.

What's a person to do when the provinces are run by criminals, the feds are a laughing stock and municipalities operate on Russian roulette rules for whether you get a normal person or a psychopath running the show?

Disillusionment is a word I wish had a stronger synonym.

Edit:
And surprising nobody the Sun doubled down.
https://twitter.com/gmacofglebe/status/1737890727051341974?t=i5ceI0lpYGv7HOnzpRU7eA&s=19

Hey, Sun, much as you wish it were true, Canada is not America just yet.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 19:27 on Dec 21, 2023

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Danielle Smith is taking right now and it is something else. The woman is loving delusional

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DynamicSloth posted:

Shortly after posting that the Sun did in fact take down the caricature and apologize, probably only because Trudeau threatened to capitalize on their idiocy.

gently caress 'em. When you get called out like this and then double down any follow up apology is just bullshit to placate the crowd calling for your head. They don't mean it, never will mean it and the sun will continue to be the worst.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Applauding a nazi gets tossed from the conversation because it would require every party to accept culpability but that would never happen because it's easier to use a catastrophic fuckup to throw mud at your political opponents.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
There's good places to go in the Market but I ain't saying where because I'd like to keep going to them while the student mob keeps themselves isolated to making GBS threads at the godawful Blue Cactus or Pub 101

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

impossiboobs posted:

I'm sure the college kids are very influenced by posts on the something awful dot com forums. Better keep those lips sealed lest the up-and-coming gen z goon demographic take over your watering hole

Anyone else who knows where the good bars are also keeps their lips sealed, and if you've ever been unfortunate enough to go to Pub 101 then you'd agree with me.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Fidelitious posted:

I've been to Pub 101 (once only of course) and it was definitely bad. It does not even come close to the shamefulness of the Lowertown Brewery. I am shocked that that place is somehow still operating.

I'm pretty sure a good half of the bars in the Market only survive by handling overflow from the crowd that doesn't get into Heart and Crown.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I live in Chinatown and it's got some decent spots but I'm not a big fan of Pho so that cuts about 90% of the options out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Canada is well beyond Hope

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Surprised that Lizzie can see anything from beyond her vineyard

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

saints gambit posted:

Legitimately, I work with the Ontario Craft Brewers and maintain a map of the breweries in the province.

I have been wondering when Lowertown was going to go under for years at this point. It's so generic that between wondering about its closure, I mostly forget about it.

It has a Keg to one side and Tucker's Marketplace to the other. That whole stretch of York Street is cursed with mediocrity aside from the Japanese Grill.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Worst people you know do one good thing and get pilloried for it.

Also this headline made me laugh: NDP On Track to pay off 2021 Election Debt, set to begin building campaign war chest.

Their war chest will be twelve dollars and a shoebox in the middle of the road.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DaysBefore posted:

Wonder who's going to take over after Singh. I assume NDP leadership contests now are Yu-Gi-Oh duels where the cards are replaced with rental income statements in an effort to attract those sweet sweet (and very real) on-the-fence liberal voters

I'd probably guess it would be between Ashton, Blaikie or the Bowl Of Rice. I can't see Julian or Angus making a go at it.

Karach posted:

I've been trying to find a video of that goofy slogan Mulcair used on the campaign trail. It was a rhyme, something like "self care, health care, Mulcair!" but even dumber than that. Tya if you know what I'm talking about

Dunno if I can find a clip but if you go to the 2015 episode of Last Week Tonight where John Oliver discusses the Canadian federal election he plays that exact clip of Angry Tom.

It's somewhere in here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0V5ckcTSYu8

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 23:04 on Jan 8, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DynamicSloth posted:

Definitely the best possible option in the caucus (by some margin). He'll be facing a lot of headwinds, I expect Marit Stiles will have it out for him and will have a huge amount of influence of the party at that particular moment in time.

Stiles and the rest of the ONDP can go gently caress themselves for how they treated Jama.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
My favourite "mom and pop" restaurants are already gone so

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I like waking up to news that a Rebel News chud got arrested for harassing Freeland.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
We're on the Cyberpunk 2020 timeline except without the punk revival aspect.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Gotta run to the post office at Shoppers before renewing my health card at Staples.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
A double dose of leader bullshit this morning with Skippy Fuckface courting Rebel News about the Menzies crap from this week and now Trudeau is laying out in so many words why it's a good thing to blow up cities in Yemen and ignore South Africa's ICJ challenge.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

DynamicSloth posted:

Nah, Trudeau's come out explicitly against South Africa's ICJ case.

Why anyone ever thought he wouldn't is what confuses me. Trudeau never gave a gently caress about Gaza, he reluctantly called for a ceasefire beside the conservative NZ PM probably because the Americans asked then to.

It's just the usual spewing where he acknowledges a question, refutes it and then does a half assed both-sidesing closer so you hopefully ignore the bit where he said "we don't care about dead children next question" that drives me insane. Politi-speak is a cancer.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Hundreds of bears are killed each year across the country mainly for hunting and handling "nuisance" animals that pose a threat when they wander into populated areas.

20,000 people were murdered in under three months for no reason besides contempt and bigotry.

What the gently caress is this comparison.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Calumanjaro posted:

Terrorist flag was Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

Splitter!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/journo_dale/status/1745918123113414899?t=T125JpA-Bs1P48HRgRaFjg&s=19

Hey Joly, go gently caress yourself and stuff your "concern"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I really hope that the homeless in Alberta can find somewhere warm this weekend. Those temperature reports I'm reading are bleak.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
gently caress 'em.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm pretty sure Trudeau does want to lose the election so that when everything goes to poo poo under Skippy because he thinks he can use the tried and tested "miss us?" routine on voters and then we do the same goddamn cycle again.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/Songstress28/status/1746258527163920766?t=2uE7INozQB-dWK3QRicbDQ&s=19

Cool Freezing and Normal Country.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/JFCnotagain/status/1746268102277664850?t=imCJDJNv8yfxMXCak8gLGg&s=19

Don't care if you're wearing makeup Skippy bit at least have the decency to clean up after applying it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Because gently caress him, that's why. Why the gently caress should he get any protection for the sake "decorum".

He's a vomitous shitweasel with or without makeup and I'll make fun of him for being poo poo at makeup too.

Arc Hammer has issued a correction as of 01:35 on Jan 14, 2024