Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

brb, joining La Meute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

vyelkin posted:

the longer i spend in america the less i want to return to canada

at least in america people are trying to make it better

:lol:

vyelkin posted:

canada sucks so bad we're one election away from the conservatives rewriting the constitution to ban abortion and make opposing oil development punishable by summary execution

That's better than being zero elections away from banning abortion like a good third of the US how, exactly?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I was going to say the above ground half but I suppose the topsoil will get nice and toasty too.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

This is absolutely not the forum to kinkshame park-loving.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

When are they going to finish renovating UnionPay Station?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Please yes more nails in the coffins of cottage owners. Don't stop hammering.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Reality Sinner posted:

We're doing a contract negotiation with my union and employer. Employer told the union we need to get our wages up because we cant attract people. Wanted to take from our pension and put it in wages.

Many companies are choosing to underfund pensions even though they have the cash, study finds.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

priznat posted:

nice whataboutism!

flakeloaf posted:

tu quoquebecois

Mods please fine them both for disrespecting language laws.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Someone edit Chretien into that cartoon about how charming Reagan was despite his misanthropy.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That sounds like something a Belgian emigre would sell in Den Haag.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Funding schools through property taxes is stupid though, as it's exactly how the US gets amazing richly appointed schools with a dozen white kids in McMansion county while burnt out inner City schools get metal detectors and despair.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Powershift posted:

I just want to see Singh answer something with anything but a pre-rehearsed statement

Elizabeth May has never rehearsed anything.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Where's ATM fees on that chart??

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Bunch of uppity naggers don't even appreciate the nuances of racism the way I, Ezra Levant, do.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

half cocaine posted:

we're probably never going to get the CBC defunded so at least cancel your globe subscription

CBC news almost always sucks poo poo but I challenge you to read this article and not feel something:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/lola-charley-1.5273073

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm pretty sure the person behind the Trudeau blackface is actually Trudeau

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

SpacePope posted:

I'm Quebecois and I hate anime and hockey. Even more so when they're combined. I submit that we simply hate everything except beer and poutine.

edit: A&W poutine is awful.

If you don't like Check Please you are not just terrible but racist too.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

drjuggalo posted:

can’t believe people are jerking off Canada in the Canada c-spam thread. if this country didn’t have healthcare we’d be way worse than the rest of the stolen land countries. Regina and Winnipeg alone probably have more racism concentrated in those two cities than the entire colonial world combined

I have good/bad news about Australia for you! Which one do you want to hear first?

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol if you think there will be a coalition

lol x2 if you think it would be anything other than Lib-Con

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Helsing posted:

Yeah there's a term for that: crapification.

While planned obsolescence is certainly a thing, I've read more convincing articles that argue that the rosy view of the reliability of consumer goods (particularly appliances) and cars back in the day is tainted by survivorship bias. There was plenty of American-made crap before manufacturing fled to Asia.

half cocaine posted:

why doesn't anyone call out this guy in public?

I submitted a complaint to the CBC. I'm sure they took it very seriously.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Greetings from my poo poo posting autoclave!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

They manage to tolerate 12 months of being Winnipeg.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Oh man I can't wait for electoral reform, national pharmacare and housing, respect for indigenous peoples' rights, and so much more!

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm cheering for the No Affiliation Party.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Stop doxxing the Sun Media headline for tomorrow

BLACK (FACE) TUESDAY

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Reality Sinner posted:

That's 0 openly racist members of parliament

lol you got me, what a joke

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

On the plus side, w

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Powershift posted:

I guess pot edibles will be legal in like a month so that's something?

Timbits are going to become a lot more compelling once corporate hears about this.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I mentioned this in the NHL thread a while back but after constantly hearing that the Maple Leafs were named after a specific WW1-era regiment I decided to verify that claim. Instead it turns out that they were probably just named after a more popular (at the time) baseball team founded in 1896 so their much ballyhooed connection with the military is tenuous at best.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Don't doxx me, tyee.ca

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

loving lol that piece of poo poo got fired because he refused to apologize. loving good riddance rear end in a top hat.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Keep voting Liberal and gradually affordable childcare will materialize right next to national pharmacare.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Canada really needs to step up on the Uighur issue. Mass detention, forced relocation, re-education, these are all forms of genocide, and as a country with no colonial history, Canada

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Remember when one of the excuses for not cancelling the contract was that if we didn't sell the Saudis death weapons, Germany would?

Well, Germany has had a moratorium on weapons exports to Saudi Arabia for over a year now and has been pressuring France and the UK to follow suit. Granted, this was motivated by the Kashoggi rather than the Yemeni genocide but that's not nothing, as the saying goes.

Hell, loving South Africa recently banned exports to KSA and UAE.

Precambrian Video Games has issued a correction as of 07:56 on Nov 29, 2019

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I'm guessing that the GO Station has about a -5000% chance of looking anything like that if it's ever built, which in this case is probably a good thing because what in the actual gently caress are these windows supposed to do for anyone:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lambskin posted:

I think she's trying to make a point about the middle class not being as rich as they think they are but let that float far above your head my canadian goons

Posting an idiotic budget and then replying with "not my budget; not my point" to own the libs

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

It was very nice of mayo Pete to come over here and fix our broken bread prices with his charming technocracy.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Yeah but what are the numbers on hallways/1,000?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Another Bill posted:

Lol that sounds awesome. I can just imagine Pierre McGuire scrambling for metaphors as he talks about the Covid cases in every Canadian small town that produced and NHL player in the last 50 years.

COVID-19 didn't get much attention at the batman level but scouts really started paying attention after it jumped to senior in Wuhan.