Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Because racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Wasn't Harper all about putting dumb signs everywhere too? "Canada's Action Plan" or something?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I believe the last 2 federal elections and the Ontario election polling all had major shifts in the month or two before the election which would align with the timing of debates. Layton's debate performance definitely made a difference in 2011.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Didn't this come up somewhere before and nobody wanted to buy any of it?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Are you taking about him running along a line of volunteers and giving them all high fives?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Arivia posted:

I voted jagmeet today and tried to again convince the electoral officer to get elections canada to stop sending me materials to commit voter fraud (second election they've done this), we'll see if it sticks this time, the guy took it seriously at least

What sort of materials?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

One weird trick to empower the trans vote

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Jagmeet became the most popular politician in Canada during the election. I think he'll try to build on that.

Someone posted something about NDP fundraising going way up in the last few weeks (above 2011 levels) but I couldn't find any more info. Anyone have details?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Too many Never-Singhers in this thread!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Which one is he?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Why quotes only around the word "unintentionally"? :thunk:

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

apatheticman posted:

' ' indicates that the words used were from a voice or party different from the author. ?

So they could have said 'unintentionally shot down'

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The meme winter?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

BC Greens got rid of Weaver at least. :shrug:

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Primaries for all MPs imo

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s a step forward that Poundmaker and the Cree were included. Hard to reconcile with Canada having the RCMP as a special unit that creates national parks though.

The Cree weren't happy about it.

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/4/16850906/cree-nation-civilization-6-poundmaker

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Why are there 2 weirdly cropped images of the painting and not the full thing?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

A dictatorship is when government does stuff I don't like.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

He doesn't want to undermine his own use of militarized police against civilians.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

They should be followed by a swarm of drones.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The only municipal party I've seen reflected at other levels of government is the Greens.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

O'Toole wins on the 3rd ballot

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Who gets more votes in Quebec? The party with the leader who can't speak French, or the party with the leader who wears a turban?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

One of Canada's tech success stories

https://twitter.com/samelaanderson/status/1308917007438483457?s=21

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Kazinsal posted:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/british-columbians-to-get-covid-19-payments-under-new-bill-1.5222125

BCers with less than $62.5k declared on their income taxes for 2019 get a $500 tax-free deposit, application page goes up on the 18th.

With reduced payments for up to 87k individual income which is news to me.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Another Bill posted:

https://twitter.com/Terrilltf/status/1339064979048153088

Peter MacKay is having a sensible chuckle this morning

Then Doug Ford steps in and sweeps the Conservatives to a majority.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

linoleum floors posted:

I wish this was true

We will gladly share our excess supply with poorer nations.

*Offer void in Venezuela and Bolivia.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Discrimination!
https://twitter.com/kellygreig/status/1348707791343669254?s=21

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

There's anal covid now?!

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Fringe is good in Edmonton

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

They can do more vaccinations in an open space like the Anvil Centre

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The Guildford Rec Center had about a dozen rows of seats. Each row had someone going up answering questions and giving info then another giving the injection. It was a pretty efficient process.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Getting some side effects from the AZ vaccine tonight. Sore muscles, headache and slightly feverish.

This is hosed up, John. You did this to me, John. You did this to me, JOHN. JOHN, THIS IS YOUR DOING, JOHN. gently caress YOU JOHN!!!!!!!

Tylenol worked for me

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

fisting by many posted:

I'm trying my hand at the pharmacy astrazeneca lottery.

Registration with Shoppers drug mart was super easy, the other pharmacies are a big pain in the button and you have to register through each company separately.

Would be nice if there was just one centralized public program for this. I mean, besides the one that's so slow I'm doing this instead.

This will get you all the Sobeys pharmacies

https://www.pharmacyappointments.ca/

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Cavendish was good but CBC killed it in its infinite wisdom

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

The only actually good CBC drama in the past 30 years was The Rez change my mind

Edit: Assuming that The Odyssey where that kid fell out of a tree and went into a coma and went on adventures inside his coma was made more than 30 years ago

Trickster was fantastic but another one cancelled by the CBC. Because the show runner lied about being Indigenous I think.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Guigui posted:

Does anyone recall a show on TV Ontario - it had a boot, a woman's shoe, an elderly grandma puppet, and this monster-like puppet called "thing" (which used to give me horrible nightmares). It found a video on youtube long ago but lost the link. I want to see that monster puppet again. I think it was filmed in the 1970's and was on TV before Today's Special and Fables of the green forest. (Had the same kind of creepy vibe to it as "Read all about it).

Readalong?

Edit: Maybe this will bring back some traumatic memories for you.

https://youtu.be/WeJCAZ21kGQ

Also this is some creepy poo poo that would set off so many conspiracy loon parents today.

https://youtu.be/fnYQ8sdfpoc

Normy has issued a correction as of 15:55 on May 9, 2021

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

BGrifter posted:

Does stuff filmed in BC count as cancon cause if so the X-Files, Stargate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica were rad.

Any sci-fi show that uses SFU as an alien planet is ok in my book.

Gotta be produced by a Canadian film company so Beachcombers is it.

edit: But actually I just watched a couple Odyssey episodes on YouTube and was surprised to (re?)discover it was filmed in BC.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

The full series is on YouTube. I'd say it holds up as a fun family adventure series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Coxswain Balls posted:

Is it an Alberta thing to say you're fingering someone when you flip them the bird?

I've heard it in BC my whole life