Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I haven’t seen Joe for a while, did he finally find something to truly attach to?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
for all those years they never had a POC on a single episode of Friends yet Chandler could’ve reached out to Justin at any time…

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
motherfuck had more tears for Chandler than all the Palestinians

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i live abroad and have no desire to eat mac and cheese whatsoever

hot rods and extra spicy clamato juice on the other hand

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
find a Korean grocery and try to DIY it with sauce. your insides will thank you. try to throw in some good fermented kimchi or daikon too and it will reach a satisfying equilibrium

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I like getting Shin Ramyeon, putting in a bunch of kimchi and wieners yum that’s good eating. not as good as real Korean garbage soup tho

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
i haven’t watched a single game since finding out that every single hockey player who’s passed through the junior system is a degenerate pervert

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

what’s wrong with that guy?

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I’m not in Twitter anymore so I can’t tell is Joe is still wearing his grandmothers glasses or not.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
he is. he might be American too. I saw something on his Twitter when I went to laugh at him earlier that said he experienced no antisemitism on the left In America but a lot when he came to Canada.

I know he cozied up to all the Harbinger types and they all gave him the cold shoulder. I blocked him early on because he seemed like a stooge but I’m morbidly curious what his angle is.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I thought it was a boot because of how we talk

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

Everytime I look at the bird app it’s just Jesse Brown posting about the latest greatest antisemitic violence. Except he considers it antisemitic violence to protest Indigo’s CEO running a literal charity for IDF lone soldiers, and describes it as a “reprehensible attack on a Jewish-owned bookstore.”

Kinda feels like everything will just keep getting worse and worse, forever, in this fake rear end country. sigh

moi aussi merci

maybe that bookstore can help fund his podcast network so he doesn’t have to beg all the time

(I like Commons though)

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

vyelkin posted:

if you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot pinned to the front of your jacket - forever

lmfao

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

PhilippAchtel posted:

Is that Groucho Marx?

it’s Philip J Fry

I went home for the first time since 2019 and was shocked how much everything cost. I don’t know how anyone can afford to eat out, especially with a family. Everything was double what I’d pay in Tokyo, and that’s before service charges.

My assumption is that Canadians are forced into carrying huge amounts of debt. Everyone had so much stuff they didn’t really need and I can’t see how most could afford it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
living in a country with fast high speed inter city rail spoils me. i almost wish the travel was a little slower so I can enjoy the trip longer.

why anyone wants to drive instead of that is beyond me

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Pvt. Parts posted:

that's just downright uncordial

gently caress off genocide guy

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
the Man With the Gordon Gun

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
live and light foot

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
he died of afluenza

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

ElehemEare posted:

Buddy of mine made a joke about how our curling club is adopting a new charter making all pronouns gender neutral, and it’s funny that it’s managing to be more progressive than a lot of dumbasses protesting this poo poo — they only started letting women into the bar upstairs in the 90s.

then they came for the ashtrays on the sheet and now this

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I can’t even pronounce holodomor I’m certainly not gonna learn about it

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

that helped!

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

fisting by many posted:

fire talk: Many korean highrises just have one stairwell but every unit will have a "descending lifeline" and hook.

Which is like, sure better than not having one, but I am an able-bodied adult and I am not at all confident I could rappel down a highrise in an emergency. but there's an idea canadian developers can use

in Japan every place I’ve lived has a trap door with a ladder on the balcony

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Entropic posted:

If they name the stadium after Rob Ford, the fans have to all agree to just call it "The Crackhouse"

why not Fordlândia

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

infernal machines posted:

most provinces don't even have one

Manitoba doesn’t even have a second city, let alone a good one.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
jeezus I gotta move back to Manitoba

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Karach posted:

I made this mistake. Don't do it

I won’t. Tokyo is a step above the Parkland region.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
are domestic airfares really bad too?

flying to Canada has doubled in the last few years, virtually anywhere else is so much cheaper

after going to Canada last summer for the first time in 4 years I don’t understand how anyone can afford anything anymore.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I suppose going to Vancouver or Toronto would be much cheaper but adding in Winnipeg makes it 12,000 for a family of 4. we could go to Egypt for half of that so looks like we’re severing the family

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DynamicSloth posted:

They had the counter programming all queued up, Israel and US must have let them know it was coming.

they are ignoring the findings of an international court, but jumping to action over allegations by Israel. gently caress this government.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
enjoyed the discussion of Canadian TV a few pages back (Corner Gas is the best) and it was going well until someone linked Spenny's ultrazionism. gently caress that guy.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
surely Lord Alfred Hayes is the most qualified

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

Was kinda hoping the IRA would somehow get Chucky, finally top Mountbatten. Shame

13 dead and not forgotten
we got 18 and mountbatten

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

lol get hosed Canada. hope we lose.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Karach posted:

The backbench is still useful, as is commons. Occasionally there is some good stuff on the main feed, at least when Jesse isn't hosting. But I can't stand listening to Jesse now. His fundamental dishonesty in how he approaches his subject matter makes me question everything the network puts out now.

Commons killed off the tiny remaining interest I still had in hockey, so I will always appreciate them from that. Arshy seems pretty cool. Maybe they can do a series on how Jesse sucks.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I'm Jesse Brown the host of KKKanadaland.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

couldn't happen in a better area

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
glad I got my Ed degree and hosed off by the sounds of it.

still, if I had to give advice for anyone currently in education would be to do a couple years home country experience before looking for jobs abroad.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

That's D&D

actually D&D care very much for the Sudanese people, as anyone stupid enough to look in the ME thread would know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
no pride cross walks in my small prairie town. no traffic lights either.