Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...
Plan Castlevania. Sanaki is the abductee. She really should have a say in how she is rescued, and if it fails she has no one to blame but herself.

Also, you can't not bring the Maxim. More automatic fire means more fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

Kommando posted:

Uh. Plan Twilight

It's overly detailed and has no contingency plan chance of failure.

Not much contingency planning to do on this one tbh. If we start taking casualties we're all going to die. I give us maybe two chances in three against the Count even if we can kill the female vamps and the thralls without a scratch.

The detail is perhaps slightly over the top but it's designed to, as far as possible, ensure that we never put our backs to somewhere that a vampire can jump out from and murder us all.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Plan Castlevania because I prefer the name.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
If you accept bystander votes, I like Plan Castlevania.

I also wouldn't mind submitting David "Johnny Appleseed" Applebaum as a potential recruit for the meatgrinder.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009
This is the real poo poo right here. Doorkickers + Vampires is the real poo poo. Mad props to LatwPIAT and all you :spergin: motherfuckers

I vote for plan Twilight, I like the methodical sweep.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Twilight

It's time to sparkle the fires!

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Thank you for your votes and all, but it's three days past the deadline. I've already started setting up. :shobon:

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

:neckbeard: Best news all week.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

How long does it take to tabulate the ambient dust and moisture levels?

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

By popular demand posted:

How long does it take to tabulate the ambient dust and moisture levels?

It's important to get these things right because they both impact how long it'll take us to accidentally burn the whole house to the ground.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Can we get a priest to bless the municipal water supply, then call in the fire brigade

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

sebmojo posted:

Can we get a priest to bless the municipal water supply, then call in the fire brigade

Not on such short notice. A large job like that would require an officially sanctified reservoir. You’d need to get it recognized as the site of a Vatican-confirmed miracle, get permission to do the sanctification, slap some gold plating up, get a bishop to do the proper ceremonies and then hold at least one mass there. This doesn’t even consider all of the secular permits you’d need, and heaven knows what OSHA would require.

What you need is about a dozen priests on each hose invoking the blessing, which each priest’s prayers staggered by a few seconds to ensure continuous overlap of holiness. Sure, it’s a stopgap measure, but what are you gonna do?

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

The gold plating seems a bit ostentatious. Can we use electrum or even copper?

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

HardDiskD posted:

The gold plating seems a bit ostentatious. Can we use electrum or even copper?

Sounds like Protestant speak to me, boy.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Hang on, now, aren't we on Orthodox turf? Everyone knows that Orthodox blessings Don't Really Count unless you have the Czar there as well.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

bibliosabreur posted:

Hang on, now, aren't we on Orthodox turf? Everyone knows that Orthodox blessings Don't Really Count unless you have the Czar there as well.

The most likely location for bodice-ripper vampire stories probably has Queen's Own Victorian Anglicanism going.

Could be worse.

Could be Calvinism.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

JcDent posted:

The most likely location for bodice-ripper vampire stories probably has Queen's Own Victorian Anglicanism going.

Anglicanism doesn't typically go in for carried crucifixes, holy water, and communion wafers used for something other than eating, though.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Pvt.Scott posted:

Not on such short notice. A large job like that would require an officially sanctified reservoir. You’d need to get it recognized as the site of a Vatican-confirmed miracle, get permission to do the sanctification, slap some gold plating up, get a bishop to do the proper ceremonies and then hold at least one mass there. This doesn’t even consider all of the secular permits you’d need, and heaven knows what OSHA would require.

What you need is about a dozen priests on each hose invoking the blessing, which each priest’s prayers staggered by a few seconds to ensure continuous overlap of holiness. Sure, it’s a stopgap measure, but what are you gonna do?

Could we not just put a sanctified cross into the water supply like in Constantine?

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

JcDent posted:

Could be worse.

Could be Calvinism.

how do calvinists deal with vampires

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

Mycroft Holmes posted:

With Hobbeses.

Vampires have nothing on Homicial Psycho Jungle Cats

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Mycroft Holmes posted:

By starving the poor, their source of sustenance.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Mycroft Holmes posted:

if witches are any indication, show trials and executions

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

JcDent posted:

Sounds like Protestant speak to me, boy.

Look, I am on a budget here.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

SWEET DREAMS ARE MADE OF THIS

ALUCARD
Steady Hams: Derringer, Blackjack, Cavalry Sabre, Lantern, Torch, H&H Shotgun (5x2 Reloads): 18.2 lbs (Move 7)
Mael Radec: Derringer, Blackjack, Cavalry Sabre, Lantern, Torch, JP&S Shotgun (5x2 Reloads): 19.3 lbs (Move 6)
Alexander Anderson: Derringer, Blackjack, Cavalry Sabre, Lantern, Torch, H&H Shotgun (5x2 Reloads), Holy Water: 19.2 lbs (Move 6)
Victoria Frankenstein: Derringer, Blackjack, Cavalry Sabre, Lantern, Torch, H&H Shotgun (5x2 Reloads): 18.2 lbs (Move 7)
Dog:
TREVOR
Billy King: Derringer, Blackjack, Lantern, Torch, Cleaver, Winchester (3x6 Reloads): 14.4 lbs (Move 7)
Jill Thrill: Derringer, Blackjack, Lantern, Torch, Cleaver, Winchester (3x6 Reloads), Holy Water: 15.4 lbs (Move 6)
Burt Gummer: Derringer, Blackjack, Lantern, Torch, Wood Axe, Winchester (3x6 Reloads): 15.4 lbs (Move 6)
Mike Crotch III: Derringer, Blackjack, Lantern, Torch, Wood Axe, JP&S Shotgun (10x2 Reloads): 19.5 lbs (Move 6)
SYLPHA
Nerimantas: Blackjack, Webley, Lantern, H&H Shotgun, half a Maxim Gun (4 reloads): 136 lbs (Move 3)
Casval Rem: Blackjack, Webley, Lantern, H&H Shotgun (5x2 Reloads), half a Maxim Gun: 83.3 lbs (Move 3)

Weather
Time: Night
Skies: Overcast
Wind: still

T+0:00 to T+0:02

The advance to the manor house is tense but uneventful, and Shinano's friends assemble along the west side of the building. Radec and Mike smash the windows and clear away the glass with the stocks of their shotguns, to the horrified screams of the scullery maid. The rest of Alucard and Trevor follow behind them, ready to kill the undead.

code:
Radec (9): Break & Clear Glass From Window (6), Climb Through Window (3/6)
Hams (11): Advance (1), Raise Shotgun (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (7)
Vicky (9): Advance (1), Raise Shotgun (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (5)
Anderson (9) : Advance (1), Advance (1), Raise Shotgun (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (4)

Mike (9): Break & Clear Glass From Window (6), Climb Through Window (3/6)
Jill Thrill (10): Advance (1), Raise Rifle (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (6)
Burt (9): Advance (1), Raise Rifle (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (5)
Billy King (9): Advance (1), Raise Rifle (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (5)

Casval (9): Use Sights (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (6)
Nerimantas (11): Use Sights (2), Pin Window (1), Wait (6)
(I hope that by posting this short update now I'll force myself to follow it up with another one within reasonable time, instead of trying to wait for a time when I feel ready to make one long update all at once. I suspect that time won't come...)

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
You can do it, LatwPIAT! We believe in you! :glomp:

Also, What a wonderful night to have a Maxim gun, ho ho ho!

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

This is gonna end in tears, I just know it.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
If someone dies in this, do they die in real.. Err.. Does pretendy dream stuff carry over to pretendy real stuff?

... I'm gonna need more stats on the charsheet.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

wedgekree posted:

If someone dies in this, do they die in real.. Err.. Does pretendy dream stuff carry over to pretendy real stuff?

This is just for fun. No deaths or hospital stays.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013

LatwPIAT posted:

This is just for fun. No deaths or hospital stays.

Whoo!

... Wait I'm in the hospital regardless. Or psosibly dead given that hit to my digestive tract.

We're good then.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

HereticMIND posted:

This is gonna end in tears, I just know it.

BLOODY tears.

And ashes. Partly because vampires probably turn to ashes when killed, partly because there is no way this mansion doesn't burn down during this mission.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Plan Twilight would have given Nerimantas a cav sword. Now, i just have to drag about an MG according to a scenario named after Oriental flip-books :(

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

T+0.02 to T+0.04

Radec climbs through the window and comes face-to-face with a scullery maid who'd obviously been working to keep the fire going through the night. In the universal language of pointing a gun at someone and looking menacing, he orders her to not move. Pinned by the light from his lantern, she complies. Radec raises the shotgun to his shoulder and steadies it with his lantern-hand.

Meanwhile, Mike climbs through another window and sets up a position overlooking the dining room. Hams and Jill Thrill follow them through the windows and begin fanning out.

code:
Radec (9): Climb Through Window (3/6), Advance (1), Threaten Scullery Maid (3), Raise Shotgun (2)
Hams (11): Wait (3), Climb Through Window (6), Advance (1), Advance (1)
Vicky (9): Wait (9)
Anderson (9): Wait (9)

Mike (9): Climb Through Window (3/6), Advance (1), Advance (1), Advance (1), To Kneeling (1), Adopt Firing Position Around Wall (2)
Jill Thrill (10): Wait (3), Climb Through Window (6), Advance (1)
Burt (9): Wait (9)
Billy King (9): Wait (9)

Casval (9): Wait (9)
Nerimantas (11): Wait (11)
T+0.04 to T+0.06

In the eerie quiet, our heroes continue to climb through the window and fortify the kitchen. Lanterns are placed on the floor and nearby tables to provide light while shotguns and rifles point into the black unknown.

code:
Radec (9): Pin Hex (Scullery Maid, 1), Wait (8)
Hams (11): Advance (1), Advance (1), Adv. Oblique (2), To Kneeling (1), Put Down Lantern (4), Adopt Firing Position Around Wall (2)
Vicky (9): Climb Through Window (6), Advance (1), Advance (1), Adopt Firing Position Over Counter (1/2)
Anderson (9): Wait (6), Climb Through Window (3/6)

Mike (9): Put Down Lantern (4), Wait (5)
Jill Thrill (10): Advance (1), Advance (1), Advance (1), To Kneeling (1), Put Down Lantern (4), Adopt Firing Position Around Wall (2)
Burt (9): Climb Through Window (6), Advance (1), Advance (1), Pin Doorway (1)
Billy King (9): Wait (6), Climb Through Window (3/6)

T+0:06 to T+0:08

After a whistle from Jill to summon the dog to her side, the building assault team is through the windows.

code:
Radec (9): Wait (9)
Hams (11): Wait (9)
Vicky (9): Adopt Firing Position Over Counter (1/2), Wait (8)
Anderson (9): Climb Through Window (3/6), Advance (1), Adv. Oblique (2), To Kneeling (1), Adopt Firing Position Around Wall (2)

Mike (9): Wait (9)
Jill Thrill (10): Call Dog (3), Wait (7)
Burt (9): Wait (9)
Billy King (9): Climb Through Window (3/6), Advance (1), Raise Sights (2), Pin Pantry Door (1), Wait (2)
Dog (14): Wait (4), Climb Through Window (6), Advance (1), Advance (1), Advance (1), Advance (1)

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Let’s get pumped!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I choose to believe that "Threaten Scullery Maid" is an action outlined verbatim in the main rulebook.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Right after "Re-sequence the yeast DNA"
and a bit before "Finish the Picasso forgery"

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nah, "Threaten" would be an action described in the main rule book with half a paragraph and a thoroughly confusing example and then it would refer you to the tables in the back. One table would be for the Intimidation Factor (mentioned once and henceforth referred to as IF) of various possible enemies, from Scullery Maid to Hardened Mercenary, and the other table tells you how many actions it takes you to produce any given IF. Maybe two tables, one that uses your character's Leadership in the vertical axis and one that uses Will? Three so we can use Strength? Might as well, there's no reason not to print three tables when you could have used one.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

A mere three tables?! I'll bet that 'performing appendectomy ' gets seven at the least!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

By popular demand posted:

A mere three tables?! I'll bet that 'performing appendectomy ' gets seven at the least!

That cyberpunk avatar goon must be making mint :stare:

Semi-related: making cyberpunk avatar is five tables, two of which are in the mech bot supplement.

Doodmons
Jan 17, 2009

Davin Valkri posted:

You can do it, LatwPIAT! We believe in you! :glomp:

Also, What a wonderful night to have a Maxim gun, ho ho ho!

I was certain that was going to be this but that was also a good pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Let’s slam some dang vampires, y’all.

• Locked thread