Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Loeb is cool, unlike the bitch boy Ogier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

orange juche posted:

gently caress Jamie Whincup

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Everyone please support Big Ott Tanak.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ott Tanak seems to be taking to the Toyota well which owns.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I thought coming into a GT/touring car/rally series with a homologation special was supposed to be cool unless we all hate the Delta Integrale now

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Schlesische posted:

The Delta Integrale existed in a magical time before Balance of Performance.

BoP is made to be broken

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it doesn't really look like, "bad" imo, it's just fake. it's contrived.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Congratulations for WTCC WTCR for coming up with the worst logo for a racing series I've seen in my life.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I also like how badly the TCR UK launch is going. In a shocking turn of events the UK did not need a second low-cost touring car series.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Roller Coast Guard posted:

How badly is it going?

I haven't heard anything about teams signing up for it and planned test sessions have been cancelled.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they should do a "second chance" thing where any car that DNFs the first race gets to start in the second race if they repair their car fast enough

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
jesus, even America is getting a TCR series now

I wish TCR was cooler, they seem weirdly antiseptic for touring cars

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
NGTC which the BTCC uses is also low cost and looks much cooler imo. They missed their chance to become an international series when STCC decided to go to a really expensive DTM-lite series that ended up with single-digit grid entries, but it's definitely succeeding in the UK. I think TCR is in a weird space between looking like production cars and looking like purpose-built race cars and doesn't look as cool as it should.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

njsykora posted:

It also doesn't help TCR that they keep running these giant grand prix circuits and there's no sadder sight than touring cars on a circuit way too big for them.

yeah STCC has great touring car circuits so that series is much more fun than the international series running Bahrain and Qatar or wherever

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I had no idea TVR still existed.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bop is loving dumb

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pablo Bluth posted:

BTCC never change.

edit: Race 2 just went full BTCC. BTCC turned up to 11.

is Rob Collard involved because that is legally required for something to be "full BTCC"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Porsche is taking a modified, insane 919 out to go poo poo on F1's lap records all over the world

no mirrors, no headlights, no fuel flow limit, no hybrid deployment limit, no ballast, side skirts, long tail

rumored to have 1200hp combined

they're estimating 6 seconds faster at Spa than the current outright record

:swoon:

Bring Back Can-Am Or At Least gently caress BOP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wrx wins again. except the bit about them ditching Lydden Hill which is garbage

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Dudley posted:

Didn't everyone from GRC already hop to another series anyway?

Ah yes they had, and the GRC was trying to market upgraded unbadged lites cars.

(This also led me to Scott Speed's twitter where claims to be the World Champion of Rallycross in 2015,2016 and 2017, which would certainly be a surprise to Petter Solberg, Mattias Ekstrom and Johan Kristoffersson who were probably charmingly under the illusion that winning the World Championship rather than a domestic series that only exists to sell sugar water might confer that honour).

WRX which I think was a rebranding of the European Rallycross Championship is the "real" Rallycross series though they're doing dumb GRC bullshit like going to a dumb fake rallycross track at Silverstone instead of doing Lydden Hill, which is more or less the spiritual home of rallycross.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I actually liked the "new" silverstone when they first came up with it but it's so sterile. I hate the post-1990 Silverstone with a passion though. What a nothing race track.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Honestly "New" Fuji at least kind of looks like Fuji. And the layout isn't horrible, it just sucks compared to the old circuit.

Silverstone's problem is that it has none of the atmosphere of the old track. Fuji's atmosphere is at least still there.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The "best" emasculated race track other than Spa is honestly probably the Red Bull Ring. It's not anywhere near as good as the O-Ring was but it tends to produce entertaining racing more often than not.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Fuji is the worst track in the world

Both GPs held there were pretty good!

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Frond posted:

Super Formula and Super GT can make for entertaining racing even on poo poo circuits. Okayama is usually good despite it being one of the worst road courses in the world.

TI Circuit Aids.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Autopolis and Sugo are fun circuits. The Motegi road course is the absolute pits and the worst non-parking-lot circuit MotoGP runs.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can see an argument for 10-11 at Fuji adding a passing spot but that weird 13-14-15 complex does suck. What's the point of it, stadium seating?

That said remember Massa and Kubica loving around in the third sector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnxUu36-uYw

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the Circle K-sponsored VW was badass to be fair to GRC. I think that's the only positive to GRC I can think of

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Honestly WEC is so unknown in the US that it makes me wonder if Velocity are actually paying or if it's like a time-buy or some poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Peanut President posted:

I know it's probably heresy but could the WEC just make GTE the top division? Just a little looser with the homologation?

It'd just end up like old FIA GT where it basically just turns into a prototype class. I mean we're already halfway there with the Ford GT.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Weren't there rumors that Porsche/Audi weren't going to get involved in F1 so long as Bernie was involved?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I love Indycar. It is a poverty racing series for binmen that makes no money.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
IMSA BOP just reminds me of the bad old days of WTCC where randomly BMW, Chevy, or SEAT would be the best car in a weekend and the entire season just felt like a random waste of time.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the WEC stuff is more like the old power/weight rules back in the day where stuff like your minimum weight and tire size was dependent on your engine displacement, which is different than making sure that the lovely rear end BMWs can beat the Ford GTs because BMW is spending a shitload of money to be in the series

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Monaco is occasionally very good and it's one of the most iconic venues in all of motorsport, who cares if it's usually boring when most F1 races are usually boring.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah there was a reason they called him the rainmaster, look up Spain 1996 for another example of it pissing down rain and Schumacher stomping over everyone

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'm worried that limiting underfloor development will end in super aero sensitive cars like what's killing F1 right now

it's endurance racing, "making it easy to overtake" isn't really an issue

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The sham of homologation gave us the Toyota GT-One so I miss it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

The race for the overall is won, if Toyota are reliable. Toyota have only run 2 trouble free cars at Le Mans, out of the 13 they've brought. There's still a race to be had here.

I'm not saying there's no way to gently caress it up but a lot of the unreliability (particularly in last year's race) came from the manufacturer teams battling each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

One year the winners of the Bathurst 1000 (Paul Morris/Craig Baird) were disqualified after the race for a maximum stint time violation.