Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress yesssssssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wicka posted:

Crossposting from the F1 thread: it's the worst race car I've ever seen.

this confirms that the new formula e car owns

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

eh, pretty tame for a dragster crash tbh

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mazda requires rotaries in order to be competitive in endurance racing

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

of all the unbelievably dumb decisions we've seen throughout endurance racing over the years, the rotary ban remains hands-down the fuckin dumbest thing they ever did

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Congratulations for WTCC WTCR for coming up with the worst logo for a racing series I've seen in my life.

was this part of a contest to see how many incongruous elements they could fit into one logo?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

yeah old silverstone before they added a bajillion awful tedious chicanes was pretty boss. since then it has been dreadful.

but hey it's still not as bad as what fuji has become.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Honestly "New" Fuji at least kind of looks like Fuji. And the layout isn't horrible, it just sucks compared to the old circuit.

new fuji is straight-up the worst race track on the planet. even other truly awful shitheaps like motegi and abu dhabi ain't got fuckin poo poo on how bad fuji is.

even in a vacuum where old fuji never existed, new fuji would still be the worst. it's that bad.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well yeah, lamborghinis are huge pieces of poo poo so what do you expect

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

someone is going to extremely die driving that porsche

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i've watched all 24 hours of the 24 hours of le mans since 2011

i prolly won't this year because of the stupid, stupid decision to region-block the stream.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I for one think it's a great idea to expect all your viewers to subscribe to a poo poo tier cable channel in 2018.

i seriously cannot loving wait for cable to just die, i haven't had that poo poo for 5 years and don't miss it at all. every racing series should just be streaming, like for all the poo poo wec does wrong their streaming service has been awesome and should be a model other series follow, not one they themselves decide to hobble.

but it's also wec so i guess what can you expect.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Wirth1000 posted:

Cable dying is great but it's a double edged sword.

Streaming services per sport run by the sport are expensive as gently caress. Just add up all the season passes and you'll easily end up spending like $400 EXTRA instead of just a regular cable subscription easily.

the cheapest i can get cable where i live is 110 dollars a month because they force it into bundles. wec season pass is ~40 dollars a year.

i don't watch anywhere near enough sports, or anything else, that i think i'd come anywhere close to the 1300 dollars i'd be paying yearly for cable.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harperdc posted:

Nah. Support things that are good and well priced. The WEC season pass is $50, and includes two Le Mans, that’s perfectly fine.

uhh did you miss the part where le mans is region blocked in the united states :psyduck:

like, i want to support them, they just won't fuckin let me

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

harperdc posted:

Forgot to add *if available in your market. I’m not that dense.

considering the entire conversation was centered around finding alternative ways to watch the 24 hours of le mans since wec blocked the stream in the united states, i'd argue that you may in fact be that dense.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

race is red flagged, big shunt at the top of radillon, got a few pictures from up there from folks at the track. Nothing really on the status of the drivers other than "not dead". Word is 666 hit the barriers at the top of radillon, and then the 31 bentley collected him at full speed

how in the gently caress did anyone survive that crash in either of those cars holy fuckballs

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

you know what would be rad

if toyota ditched lmp1, brought back the mr2 and joined the mid-engine gt class party

but i guess that would require modern-day toyota to be cool :smith:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

track day bro! posted:

I was hoping theyd make one out of gt86 bits, boxer motor low in the back and bastardised subaru double wishbone setup on each corner.

i'd be down with this

track day bro! posted:

More likely to be a heavy rear end hybrid with no manual gearbox now tho........

:barf:

i would hate to see the mr2 suffer the same fate as the nsx, i'd rather it just stay dead than that

DEEP STATE PLOT fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Aug 11, 2018

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i mean to be fair, you can't expect much better from an eg civic hitting a tree at speed

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

gently caress don panoz i hope he burns in poo poo in the afterlife

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

:yeshaha:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

miller is modern race tracks in a nutshell, which is to say, quite poo poo

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

bring back the gtr lm :getin:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

post-90s any car sucks tbh, nissan or otherwise

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

iwentdoodie posted:

It has nothing to do with being an edge lord who doesn't like new things, you lovely wannabe journalist on a tech site who drives an ancient Saab while bragging about draving lambos.

I'd love, LOVE, if an actual electric series existed without poo poo rear end gimmicks to try and make it loving legitimate. But it doesn't. It's a series full of Hope's and dreams with hook nose tubs and bad tires that can't run a loving race on any track for any other car.

Electric motocross bikes loving rock. I'm buying one in the next few months. Electric scooters are awesome. Electric motorcycles will make for interesting racing. Wannabe spec racers in lovely cars on lovely tires on lovely tracks does not make an interesting series, you lovely self important wannabe gatekeeping gently caress.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i'd say that's cool except the part where the hydrogen fuel cell is a dead-end technology