Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Completely irrational fan take I don't really totally mean: gently caress Ricky Taylor.

...I probably would do the exact same thing he did given a chance to drive for Penske and whatever that might entail in other levels of racing, so I can't fault him, but it was fun to pull for them both in the same car. Go The 10 Car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

How did we get so many prototypes? Weren't there like 13 last year?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm the passed out dude in that shot.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Screw that PR guy from Continental Tire who was on the telecast around 11am.

"HERPADERP our tires are the best tires so it's probably the drivers pushing them too hard for all these blowouts on the same class of car!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Oh maaaaaaaan give me Diffey on IMSA again.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I still think Ricky is the lesser of the Taylor brothers talent-wise, but Penske is putting the hurt on the IMSA field.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Petit Le Mans is FOX's final IMSA broadcast.

Have they said who's going to do races for them on NBC next year? I'm down as hell with Diffey and Hobbo (at least for the 24, if nothing else) being reunited with sports cars if that's an option.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

RODNEY SANDSTORM BEEOTCH and also Renger van der Zande and RHR.

Cars running out left and right owns.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm way behind on my DVR binge-watch, but I love that Shredded Wheat is a primary sponsor of two cars, plus associate sponsorships elsewhere, in BTCC.

I get that's a brand name, but it's fun to imagine literal shredded wheat becoming sentient and ponying up sponsorship money for multiple cars somehow.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FS2 closed their last broadcast with this montage:

https://twitter.com/SPEED/status/1051481388023656449

I still think Diffey/Calvin Fish/Dorsey Schroeder in the booth with Brian Till and Calvin Fish on pit road was one of the best racing broadcast teams I've ever listened to. Then they'd bring in Bob Varsha and David Hobbs for the Rolex 24 on the second crew and it was that much better.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Peanut President posted:

I'm the conglomerate that owns 7 basic cable channels but can't find room for the sports programming they pay for.

On top of all this, there's talk that NBC may also be in on the rights to Supercross once the deal with FOX ends.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

If you don't read the NASCAR and/or IndyCar thread, Winter Heat is back:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3874931

If you don't know what ^that^ is, we've had a CyTube channel for 5-6 years now where we watch old racin' which is primarily active in the offseason but can be used year-round. If you have something you want to have a goonwatch of, bump that thread (and probably this one, too) with some lead time and other people will wander in.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Junior/Stewart/Johnson for #11 WTR cmon wayne make it happen

You're forgetting somebody with ties to WTR who would make that lineup own more, though:

#10- J. Taylor/van der Zande/Alonso/Kobayashi
#11- Earnhardt, Jr/Stewart/Johnson/Gordon

...or just throw RHR on the 11 since he does, too, but that's boring.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

AJ Allmendinger was revealed as the first member of NBC's Rolex 24 broadcast crew. They say he'll work a variety of racing properties, so I don't know if he'll do the whole sports car season or just Daytona.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

LEIGH DIFFEY IS BACK IN MY SPORTSCARS :whatup:

https://twitter.com/leighdiffey/status/1080968875649454080

http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2019/01/03/leigh-diffey-a-j-allmendinger-calvin-fish-lead-nbc-sports-2019-imsa-commentator-team/

Given the length of the Rolex 24 coverage, you'd think there will be two booth crews and two sets of pit reporters, so maybe Greg Creamer/Tommy Kendall/Hobbo on the B-team and then anybody who did IMSA last year but isn't tied to FOX like Justin Bell or Brian Till? I just want Hobbo again. :getin:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

That is A Good Racecar.

Unrelated, NBC picked up Supercross. Ralph Sheheen and Ricky Carmichael lead the coverage: http://nbcsportsgrouppressbox.com/2...AtypEHGyJx-MRAg

NBC now has NASCAR, IndyCar, IMSA, Supercross, and some of their random cavalcade of pre-recorded random racing. They've got quite the racing collection.