Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Got my ticket for Daytona, it'll be my first time going and also my first endurance race and first IMSA race so it should be an exciting time. Anyone ITT gone before and have good tips?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah I bought a pair of the ear muffs with FM radio to hear the TV broadcast. Thanks for all the info everyone. I am going to go out on a limb and say Mazda will do well solely because I think it's the best looking DPi.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

quote:

Interest in IMSA’s DPi platform is building, with as many as three new manufacturers in line to join the top class of the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship by as early as 2020.

Multiple industry sources have indicated to Sportscar365 that Ford and Hyundai have continued DPi discussions, while an undisclosed Japanese manufacturer has emerged as another automaker facing imminent deadlines to commit to the platform.
IMSA could see a fourth Japanese manufacturer join the grid next year, with the undisclosed medium-volume automaker having recently completed design and feasibility studies with an LMP2 constructor.
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/iwsc/dpi-manufacturer-interest-building-for-2020/

Undisclosed medium volume Japanese manufacturer... Subaru? Mitsubishi?? Suzuki???

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Given Subaru's experience in Super GT when it works it'll be very good but will be broken otherwise.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Suzuki thing was a joke. At this point I think they pretty much just sell kei cars.

an oddly awful oud posted:

I can't bring myself to believe Subaru would spend the money on motorsports in the US again. It sure as hell feels like they've nearly given up on marketing their brand here to anybody who appreciates performance or even has a measurable pulse

They're still pretty big on motorsports in Japan with Super GT and the All Japan Rally. In the US they're in the ARA and WRX but that should barely count since they're pretty much the only manufacturer in ARA.
Anyways their marketing wouldn't tell you anything about any of those things. Their Japanese marketing has a pretty similar style to the American ones where it's presented as an outdoor and family brand.

Anyways, being a Subaru owner I'm aware of the bad things about their engines so I always get spooked whenever I see them in a motorsport context.