Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Oh Graham :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Alonso confirmed for Toyota and "other select WEC events".

Guess that confirms a Toyota DNF

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Rebellion or whoever is going to get the overall win needs to hire Stroll so I can kill myself.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'm surprised this hasnt been brought up. so Toyota's WEC team asked that the date for Fuji be moved a week so that it wouldnt clash with the US F1 race so Alonso could do Fuji. WEC said yes but now Fuji and Petite Le Mans are the same loving weekend. What a bunch of idiots.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Kilonum posted:

Too be fair, Toyota isn't even in IMSA, whereas in WEC it is the sole manufacturer in the top tier.

But on the other hand, have you considered, gently caress the WEC?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

an oddly awful oud posted:

It's logical for the WEC to do this in terms of desperation to keep eyes on the series, but it's going to piss off a lot of the other teams that show up to race. They're so desperate to avoid alienating Toyota that they're going to alienate several other drivers and teams instead, which may not be as instantly disastrous, but is still terrible for the long-term health of the WEC. I know a lot of teams still have their grievances with IMSA but the FIA-ACO seems to go out of its way to piss people off and that's not going to entice teams to stick around.

I guess there must be enough fans who think differently but I personally could not give any less of a poo poo about Alonso at Fuji. Toyota hiring F1 talent to beat up on a bunch of privateers between sitting red-flagged for rain is not my idea of an especially interesting race.

Yeah, I wouldn't have ever watched Fuji unless Alonso was there but if its the same time as PLM then I'm still not loving watching.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaWwEJhqEm0

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

CactusWeasle posted:

1 turn in and Pla bins it

I've done that a bout a million times in Forza lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what the poo poo I went to go piss and now a ferrari is upside down (my stream is like 7 minutes behind)

*edit* lol at them in slow motion going "gently caress gimme the yellow flag!"

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

#71 GTD has a great livery

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wtf get it together Taylor

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was referring to Jordan bumping into that Audi

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

What the gently caress is that thing

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oops

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Penske just cant catch a break huh

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

orange juche posted:

The #55 is seriously the Little Red Car that Could right now

stop jinxing it :mad:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYe4Uy5W0AMAFxG.jpg:large

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

orange juche posted:

Mazda noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#55 stalled in the pits, #77 could not be cranked period.

E: 55 still dead, gently caress. Both are dead with transmission/clutch issues.

Basticle posted:

stop jinxing it :mad:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was just reminded of my crowning Sebring achievement of completely blowing the hairpin and somehow coming within centimeters of everyone and not having any contact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5bo9N5Q9I

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBf0WudmKpM

Basticle fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 18, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

JPM to drive for United Autosport at Le Mans.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hmmm 1000 miles will still be a 9-10 hour race.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

iwentdoodie posted:

1000 miles or 8 hours, whichever is first.

Where do you see that?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

Stuff I (and maybe you) will be into this weekend:

ELMS and Michelin Le Mans Cup from Paul Ricard

IMSA and Pirelli World Challenge (and Stadium Super Trucks!!!) from Long Beach

and some open-wheel stuff too

Times are EDT (GMT-4):

hell yeah

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Wouldnt it be easier to read if you color coded the series (or at the very lest color coded Open Wheel, Sports Cars, Touring Cars etc.)

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I dont think Ive watched sports cars at Long Beach before, I assume its always a giant clusterfuck since the cars are so wide, right?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hmmm WEC actively sabotaging itself, who would have thunk it? :thunk:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

an oddly awful oud posted:

Cooper MacNeil is the racing equivalent of those teenage girls whose wealthy fathers pay obscene amounts of money to music producers to transform their mediocre singing into a full-blown vanity album

You could have just said Lance and Chloe Stroll.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hell yeah, gently caress fox

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Is that a rhetorical question?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

drgitlin posted:

As much poo poo as everyone gives ESPN—and I got several emails about the fact they didn’t show quali this weekend—I’m actually loving it. The Apple TV app has had all the sessions live (and replays) and the fact they don’t interrupt the races with as breaks has really boosted my enjoyment of the season. Plus I don’t have to listen to Leigh Diffey’s relentless boosterism.

It’s odd, I really don’t mind NBC’s IndyCar coverage (including Diffey); maybe it’s because the alternative was terrible ABC/ESPN coverage? Yet for F1 it was horrid compared to Channel 4 or Sky.

I will fight anyone to the death that thinks Brundle/Croft is better than hooowhoawhoah guys

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

imsa practice just got red flagged for an isolated t-storm. glad i'm heading out there tomorrow and not there today

I live an hour west of the track and never saw a cloud in the sky today, that sure is isolated

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oh poo poo thats just like fittipaldi

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Dudley posted:

Yeah, seems a lot less likely suddenly that was a car failure yesterday doesn’t it?

except he had a tire blow today?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

Where is Nando

in our hearts

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I just mowed the lawn, what did I miss in the last 2 hours?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

what a dumb loving mistake for the crew to make

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Schlesische posted:

The first complaint about BoP in the superseason goes to...

FERRARI!

It's magical how Ferrari (AF Corse, Ferrari themselves probably don't give a poo poo) only finds problems with the regulations when they don't suit them.

Thats everyone though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

pastor almost pastor'd