Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

orange juche posted:

Oof, that's not good. How did the RT24-P break out in the Roar? Was it at least competitive? I know last year the RT24-P logged the fastest top speed but that was more a side effect of it having a bit less aerodynamic drag than other designs.

The RT24-P did respectably, but it's still the slowest of the DPis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Super GT and Super Formula as well.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
WRC is cool again.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The Penske-Acuras weren’t too bad.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like garbage.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Eyud posted:

It looks better than current F1 cars.

No, it doesn't. The 2017 F1 cars are among the most attractive in the last 2 decades.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

track day bro! posted:

Outside of the LeMans win I'm pretty sure most of the time the Rotary group C cars got stomped by Porsche/Mercedes. The 91 win was one of attrition rather than the 787b being the quickest car.

The 787B was still using the low drag concept in ‘91. That helped at LeMans but it got blown out everywhere else.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I don’t understand American racing fans and their constant jabs at the FIA. Yes, it’s retarded and the F1 regs only benefitted Jaguar and nobody else (which was a dumbass move) but the US was the home of two of the most incompetent sanctioning bodies I’ve ever seen.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
The 3.5 era in F1 was pretty drat good in it’s own right. The Turbo Years were the best but 89-91 kick rear end

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

The Kimoa Kid posted:

The FIA is the most competent and benevolent organization on the planet compared to loving NASCAR.

You could make the case that USAC and CART were the worst racing organizations of all time.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Peanut President posted:

Last I remember NASCAR, USAC, CART, Indycar, ARCA, IMSA, have never given a manufacturer a handout to keep them from quitting their series.

You having loving USAC dude. Can you reach the keyboard from up on your high horse?

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
And Ferrari is a special case, like it or not. No other manufacturer in any discipline of racing carries more weight.

Human Grand Prix fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 25, 2018

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

its insane to me that F1 fans actually believe this in 2018

Go to an F1 race, or watch one, or look at pictures from one, and you can see all the red, world over.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

harperdc posted:

Because the 3.5 regulations were a move by one Bernard Charles to twist manufacturers towards Formula 1 in favor of sports car racing. This isn’t just the opinion of grumbly Americans, but many in sports cars across the Atlantic as well. Bernie absolutely flew it off a cliff.

I'm not defending the reg change, I myself thought it was ridiculous and stupid.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Congratulations for WTCC WTCR for coming up with the worst logo for a racing series I've seen in my life.

https://youtu.be/8xpHS7_OpSk?t=39

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
That may actually be even worse than the old F3000 logo.