Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Depends on what you're looking for but the original three Earthsea books are probably the best general starting place. Read The Dispossessed if you always wanted to read a Communist version of The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Read Left Hand of Darkness if you want gender discourse in your sci-fi.

I like the sound of both of these things, honestly. Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
I finished The Dispossessed, why did Shevek just peace out after the general strike and the state repression after? Dude just left everyone there after making a big revolutionary speech and massive general strike in the capital.

Good book though.

killer crane
Dec 30, 2006

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

succ posted:

I finished The Dispossessed, why did Shevek just peace out after the general strike and the state repression after? Dude just left everyone there after making a big revolutionary speech and massive general strike in the capital.

Good book though.

From what I remember the dude didn't know wtf was going on. He had some idea, but the reality of it wasn't clear to him, so when poo poo went down he fled.

• Locked thread