Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Is there any downside to taking CFA Level I and failing? I am considering signing up for June but it might be kind of tight on getting prepped in time.

I don't want to pay the higher fee just to rush and fail it sooner. Part of me thinks it's worth a shot and doesn't rule out a December retake if necessary. Besides being out the exam fee, does it have any impact on me professionally if I have to retake it?

I have heard that I will start getting job offers through the CFA society if I pass Level 1, but I assume the expectation is that I then go on to complete Level 2 and 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
I'm taking Level 1 in December too.

What's the breakdown between math and concept problems? Any content area I should be putting more emphasis on?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
How close was it? I need to get it in gear for Level 1 in December.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
How close are the mock exams on the CFA website to the real deal? Is the scoring a fair approximation of what to expect?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

Soiled Meat
How long does it take to get your results? I see within 60 days on the official website but also read that you get your raw score a lot faster than that.

• Locked thread