Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

PleaseStan got rekt...
Just about how I feel about the whole stand kneel debate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is that chineese or japaneese?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

that's one thing I kinda miss seeing.. mechanical failures

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

so driver goes when the car is apart and the crew pays the penalty? I'm really tryign to watch racing this year becuase I can record and watch while playing video games with youtube tv.. but they keep doing things that make me not want to watch it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Norns posted:

Don't forget he also drove loving backwards

right totally on the crew

:synpa:

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Feb 28, 2018

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Damnit SRA sell some fukcing merch, I'm not Donny Osmond so I can't get me a GMS long sleeve.

Edit: gently caress Kyle Busch (I didn't think we could sign our posts)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

^^ But with STages!

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Just finished watching the race.. Maybe I'll have to wash my GMS hat every Saturday.. was pretty grimy and it needed a wash.. I wash it.. Sproinger Groingerer wins the race.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Typical tv is ~8 min /30

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Nascar 2018: [Loud Chanting] Drugs Drugs Drugs!

edit.. WOW.. ~25% of the stands filled for Bristol.. that's just sad.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 19:07 on May 2, 2018

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, it was a rainy day and anybody that would even think about going probably would assume the race wasn't going to happen. And even then they basically ran half the race on Sunday and half the race on Monday.

But... Nascar viewing audience is going to keep declining. So many issues with the broadcasts from the changing cameras every 10 seconds to having a billion lovely commercials.

Tickets sold not in teh stands.. 48k in a 169k stadium.. :wheelchairsmiley: Back in my day you had to go on a waiting list to go to bristol

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Stop defending NASCAR guys.. the stands are emptier, the tv viewership is down..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Now that they ruined it they wanna sell it's burning corpse?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

See what you've done Spencer?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Hey spencer is back

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

:rip: in piss France

Hit the road Jack to recovery

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

:perfect:

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

all around

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

FUICK KYLE

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

iwentdoodie posted:

I just cant stop laughing at the empty rear end stands

I only laugh when they say "the last great coloseum" and then the stands have like what like 40% fans or less in them..

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Norns posted:

I'm totally down for KBM in cup.

2 brothers one cup?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

NASCAR can't change the schedule until 2021 so :lol: here comes the All-Star package:

https://autoweek.com/article/nascar...ent=autoweekusa

What was the logic for the track sanctioning agreement anyway? Another "Brian France Pretends He's Football" dickstep? :tif:

So like make the cars treat every track like Daytona? Cool now I can't argue with my friends that NASCAR is more than just mashing the gas and turning left

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

Hoping Harvick gets wrecked, and also punched in the mouth

Why does the goonhive hate Harvick?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'll keep saying it.. gently caress Kyle

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's probably fine

get ready for emptier fields in 2019 and 2020 I guess, a reflection of the stands.

edit: I mean truex will most likely find a ride but smaller teams are most likely going to get hosed.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Sorry but here in real 'merirca 8 or more cylinders is for racing. Them faggy little 6banger shits all them sissy European seriezs or wannbe European series without fenders use are for sissies and ladymen who can't handle the pure Power of 'merican muscle.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Misusing belts was an Earnhardt tradition, if Bill Simpson can be believed.

Holy poo poo.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CactusWeasle posted:

Is half the problem not, that in 2018 people can't/won't dedicate 3-5 hours per week, for 36 weeks, to follow racing?

I'd be thinking the exact opposite. 25-30 races, cut to 2-2.5 hours max, the big races not withstanding

This is why I'm mostly absent from NASCAR in the summer and then fall my gf and I fight over football or NASCAR.. she usually wins.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

what happen?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

DEMAG posted:

Congratulations! Hip, hip, :barf:!

why did this happen.. did he wreck or was he just hot / exhausted?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hot rumor is Preece to the 47

Watched this guy race at my local track right after his Bristol win.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

is he still riding in the trucks.. or is he done @ nascar?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

They had this show before and it was lovely.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

tried watching the bowman gray modified show.. Don't know if I can watch more than 1 EP.. the fake rear end tire sqweel sounds kills me I can't deal with shows that do that.

also still can't beleive how much money these guys have in racecars and haulers to race at a single track.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

yeah I mean I watched the pilot show they did like what 3-7 years ago? and it was cool enough, they talk about their setup a little etc. After the show progressed it started to get drama levels of street outlaws which is stupid. I didn't get a chance to watch last night since I'm an old and it's past my bedtime. I'm :filez: ing it right now (althoguth it's probably avaliable on discovery on demand on my laptop) and it'll be something to put noise in my ear when I'm cooking or doing mundane tasks while working from home.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yes they did it was after the first Bowman gray show.. I think it was called madhouse.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

And or... Remove their win and penalize.
So you get a dnf for cheating and then you get penalty points on top.. if you are in the "playoff for the chase for the Winston cup stage one winners circle" you lose any of those points you accumulated for that race and then some.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

aero/engine schedule

this makes me sad. I feel like 550 hp at a 1.5 mile tri-oval means we're just going to have like 20 daytona's on the schedule.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jan 22, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I think that is their goal.

me too.. and it makes me sad