Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/vincewelch/status/962079659276972032

I was expecting a jersey number on the back of the shirt/firesuit.

Why not. It'd run off the 4 remaining sponsors NASCAR hasn't stolen.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

Anyone know how long the delay will be? I want to tune in for the third stage only

Tune in now then

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

https://twitter.com/DaleJr/status/968087124481363968

:allears: :allears: :allears:

Oh MAN, is that tempting avatar material if I ever decide to get rid of Torts...

Pull up Dale! Noooooooooo.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/02/28/nascar-penalty-report-atlanta-2018

No penalty for Busch, 3 race suspension for crew chief, rear tire changer, and the...jackman?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

ilmucche posted:

He's also driving on three wheels. Backwards. On a live race track.

For a quarter mile. As opposed to driving on three wheels forward around the entire race track. Neither is ideal.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Meanwhile, Kyle Busch win #184

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Gordon, Baker, Kulwicki, Guthrie, Hunter/Seagreaves

NASCAR has to get their stooges in.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://www.nascar.com/news-media/2018/03/06/nominees-announced-nascar-hall-fame-class-2019/

It's hard to read a list so poorly formatted :mad:

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Though it is oddly refreshing to see a penalty applied finally that actually has impact

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

1 win because the 2nd win doesn't count anymore but either way that's getting in, the harsh part is the playoff points carry through Homestead.

To, not through. You could win every race all year and come in second at Homestead and all those points mean nothing.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Peanut President posted:

Kevin Dunn Syndrome. The more cameras a director has at his disposal the worse the footage becomes.

Also, NASCAR is terrified of showing all the empty stands.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

NASCAR: We've improved aero so it should take another 30 mph to roll.

JMac with the "hold my beer" accepting of that challenge

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Harveygod posted:

"Filled"? Not "empty"? :staredog:

On Sunday or Monday though?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

ilmucche posted:

So the trucks aren't tougher to drive? I thought they slide around and have chaos races because they're tough, not because the drivers were crap.

A well informed source says they handle "like a video game". You control them by playing with the throttle. The cars you have to use the brakes and are a lot more on edge.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Like all goons that become famous. SRA has forgotten about our dead forum.

The same source says he still reads and follows the thread.

Slickdrac fucked around with this message at 01:37 on May 6, 2018

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

SpitztheGreat posted:

I'm going to keep saying it until it isn't true, Larson needs to start winning. He choked away another race, and "rebounding" to 4th doesn't cut it anymore. For all of his talent, he's getting to be overrated.

Harvick is "the closer". Larson is every other stage of the race

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

N: Go look up the finish of NXS Stage 1 at Indy. I'll wait.

V: :tviv::tviv::tviv::tviv:

I'll help

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26VKneNTZt4

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

It's not a terrible idea, but those stickers are obnoxiously large, won't be visible on tv anyway, and the contrast of most of them is atrociously bad.

Throwing_shit_at_wall.txt

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

SwampYankee posted:

Really my only complaint with the race itself is that it was too short, which NASCAR is fixing next year according to Steve O'Donnell. My gripe is with NBC's coverage. I'm not usually one to bitch about commercials, and maybe it just seemed worse because the race was so short, but it felt like half the race was commercial breaks or side-by-side coverage.

The commercial time was "normal" proportionately, but they spent very odd large swaths of time to guys in the infield or in the stands. I think stage 2 was two laps of on track, down to a guy in the infield to show the elevation change, non side by side commerical, came back to talk to hairy man in the stands, side by side commercial, then the last few laps were actually covered.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

We're approaching the point where Jeffrey Earnhardt has a 1 car accident and affects the outcome.

Good call.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

And it wasn't even a paid sponsorship

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

because I suck whatever horrible cock I have to suck to keep my trucks on the racetrack and my employees getting paychecks

It's kind of redundant for them to throw money at anything NASCAR anyway, so please, take all their money

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Some Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Free at last, free a last, free a lats, free hats

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

can I suggest a future wrap

Sorry, Ray Black Jr already claimed that one

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Could you imagine the backlash if someone won NASCARs top championship who wasn't the proper best winner?

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Bill France does not approve of jokes that dark.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

harperdc posted:

Did I stutter? Let’s break it down

Okay, so this is where they say what they’re going to do. Fair enough.

Here’s where you expect details.

No examples of who, what, or when? This is straight “why”? And wouldn’t you want to do this when you and your partners can showcase this instead of floating it like a trial balloon?

Again: nothing about what this will actually look like for NASCAR. Does this mean a company sponsors The Chase and a handful of races and is Official _____ of NASCAR? Does this mean a company sponsors a track, its events there, and part of the season? Will this look like FIFA with global partners, the NFL, the NBA, or something different?

This is all what and why, there’s nothing in that section about how.

It sounds to me like they're going to take the series' and apply the Roush style style of sponsoring. Which really does need the explanation of HOW it will help for the teams if NASCAR itself is going to vacuum up all the sponsors unless they're going to change into a model like other sports and actually revenue share. That would be shocking just on it's own, but I don't see how they would pull that off in any reasonable way that the teams actually get much out of it, or avoid favoring certain teams over others.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

It was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BM8ymZRQEm0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deV_w6cwz-k

I foresee no reason this could turn out poorly