Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that wouldn't have happened if he had merch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
ban plates

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
This race is bad

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
why did all the not-that-old veterans leave anyway, is it a cost-cutting thing of rookies being cheap as poo poo compared to Matt Kenseth's giant-rear end contract

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
how long has austin dillon been in the #3 car now. like holy poo poo i think everyone gets that dale used to drive that number. why is every sports site leading with RIP DALE angles on this race

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

kidcoelacanth posted:

because it sells

I mean, I get why they do it but lol that they can't sell young drivers to fans so instead they sell a dabbing "RIP DALE" memorial plate with a stupid cowboy hat instead. God I loving hate Dillon

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Me when I see NASCAR's tv ratings

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
eliminate the wretched, pathetic xfinity series

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
bring back USAR Pro Cup and ASA

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

WindyMan posted:

Better for racing, not better for entertainment and having a reason to watch through to the end of the TV broadcast.

You can't have the first thing without the second thing nowadays.

an old-fashioned rear end-stomping is fun sometimes, though moreso when the sport had more attrition and you could hope for a blown engine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Wilson's death was just inherent to open wheel racing on ovals, it was unfortunate, but not like, totally preventable. It's like a bike fatality where someone falls off a bike and gets hit, if you do racing with an open-cockpit car, you're going to run the risk of poo poo hitting the driver's head.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exploded mummy posted:

Justin wilson didnt die on an oval

Are you making a joke or just being a pedantic rear end in a top hat

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I mean the point is that when you crash there it's very likely to send lots of debris flying on the track as opposed to a road course.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Cheating is badass

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it'll be hilarious if Harvick walks over this season because all the other experienced drivers lost their rides for what seems to basically be cost cutting

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
hey Geoff was pretty good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Maybe all the other team owners shouldn't have fired all the experienced drivers.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Harvick's kind of funny because at about the halfway point in his career he seemed like he'd be going down as an underachiever and now it's "imagine how many wins he'd have if he hadn't stuck with RCR for so goddamn long"

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
spoiler it goes up until like 2003 and then goes down

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wonder if one problem with the playoff system is that once you've got a few wins you basically don't have to give a poo poo about racing carefully at all

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bad poo poo.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
what was he posting, "boy do I love doing dexxies"?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

shame on an IGA posted:

WOKE: Jeremy Mayfield
BROKE: Kevin Ward Jr.

lol

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sum posted:

i've recently unironically gotten into watching the nascar cup series for reasons i think have to do with the fact that i live in an old house with lead pipes. anyway who are the good and cool drivers to root for and which ones are the bad ones

NASCAR loving sucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Why does everyone hate the Seahawks they had a window of like 4 years and won one super bowl

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Caring about winning Truck races is pathetic which also applies to the actual Truck Series regulars

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's a halo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Proud Christian Mom posted:

i almost forgot that I watched John Andretti win his first race

I always forget that he won an Indycar race too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Trump and Truex, I don't think so

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I can't believe this thread is silencing Kyle Larson.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
like every race in the 90s was won by Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace or Dale Jarrett, almost all the points races sucked and the sport still had massive growth, the parity is not an issue

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
NASCAR has literally never had a good point system.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Ungratek posted:

I don’t mind the curb stompings, but nobody could pass at all.

one problem with michigan is that it's too easy to pass so the fast cars just end up out front

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it should be hard to pass (so slow cars can defend from fast cars which is exciting) but the cars should be able to get close to each other, so the defense comes from driving skill and not just bad aero. i figure this is pretty obvious but nobody at NASCAR seems to care that much

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's probably fine

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

maffew buildings posted:

loving cancel this so I can go about my life already

the race, or NASCAR in general

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hopkins FBI posted:

I wish SRA still posted here so we could ask him why his dad's team is taking money from diaper-wearing white supremacists.

It's probably because his dad is a shithead who runs a bad airline with bad labor and safety practices.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

VikingSkull posted:

seriously though it's like SRA heard me talking about OCFS mods all the time and now he's got two of the drivers working with GMS, it's pretty cool

Dude who did you piss off hard enough for that av

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
RIP Jayski 9/11 tributes