Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

About the only things I've ever watched on my Prime sub are the Grand Tour and the Unsolved Mysteries archive. Worth every penny. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

bigbillystyle posted:

Maybe because I know what Sunny D is and could care less what Advocare is, or whatever it's called, on that 6 car?

The latter is an MLM scheme.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Hay guyz I heard NASCAR is for sale lets pool our money and buy that motherfucker.

First rule, every race will be a road course or Daytona/Talladega. Maybe Bristol if they retro fit the old track back in it.

I will pitch in if at least 1 race at both Daytona and Dega is run clockwise.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

William Byron has sponsorship from Hertz for four races. :ironicat:

would love to see Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Dounts join up as well so I can watch the Hertz Donut car.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

mischief posted:

The 600 has been a dumpster fire for... poo poo... a decade now?

I think it got this rep after '05 was such a clown show and it never really got better apparently

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I always forget that he won an Indycar race too.

Came fairly close to winning an NHRA national event too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I think extinction is very unlikely (especially if American open wheel survived the last 20 years), but I imagine the books look pretty bad if the Frances are looking to sell.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

watch them sell it to Bernie Ecclestone or the McMahons or something

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

also as I don't follow the NFL anymore, isn't Brian trying to buy the Panthers or something?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

iospace posted:

Meanwhile Indy has had... it's 6th different winner in 8 races. NBCSN viewership is slightly up or holding steady. New teams are joining and younger drivers are not only popular, but successful. There's a new TV deal, and NBC itself reached out to Verizon to try to keep them on.

Attendance at races is also up. Detroit apparently did quite a bit better than last year, Long Beach had its best year since the CART days, and Portland is selling like hotcakes. And while I haven't followed NASCAR regularly in years and years, seeing how far the Brickyard has fallen here in Indy does make me a bit sad. Absolutely no one here gives a gently caress about it anymore.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Maaaaaaaaartin Truex, Jr., yes, the champion of NASCAR. What a patriot. Great American. Kid from New Jersey, right across the river from me. Sherry...what can we say, what a warrior. Big, yuge. And you know who's a Great American, too? Cole Pearn. What a crew chief. The greatest crew chief in history-seriously, if I were to have a crew chief, I'd want this guy.

This reads more like Don Cherry tbh

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Not really, I just find him more entertaining. Maybe it's a mental defense mechanism. :ohdear:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

NASCAR pullin in them WWE ratings.

Them ratings got WWE a helluva lot of TV money though and their ad rates are a total joke, which is why I don't put much stock in the "NASCAR is dying" narrative.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

:tipshat:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

A certain official research group of NASCAR sent out a survey about Buschwhacking and also asked why I don't watch Xfinity. I politely reminded them that they're about 10 years too late as the series was turbofucked then, but then suggested they don't run as many cookie cutters where Kyle bulldozes the field.

I can't wait to see how badly they bungle whatever might result.

What's that? You said you want 10 minute caution clocks?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

oh look someone in a sport dominated by rich white guys is a shitbag

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

and NASCAR wonders why it can't attract a more diverse fanbase

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

will NASCAR chuds start throwing Monster cans off of balconies in protest once their deal is up?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I enjoy the right to laugh at dumbass chud NASCAR drivers and their attempts to pander to their dumbass chud fanbase.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

That's the most staggering thing about this, the racists have conned the entire country into not even questioning the assertion that the national anthem is little more than WWE entrance music for the troops.

why didn't Sgt Slaughter come out to it then huh

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

KNeelers

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

WindyMan posted:

Probably LARPing in a racing fan fiction of his own design.

Even Plourde needs backmarkers

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I'm sure he'll milkshake duck himself sooner rather than later

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

like every race in the 90s was won by Jeff Gordon, Mark Martin, Rusty Wallace or Dale Jarrett, almost all the points races sucked and the sport still had massive growth, the parity is not an issue

Terry Labonte taking the '96 title with like 2 victories ftw

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

but you see Austin Dillon is much more than the 3. see he has a mohawk and wears a cowboy hat! :mitt:

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Irvan probably would've won the title in '94 if the wreck at Michigan didn't happen.

Jimmy Spencer winning 2 races when McDonald's was about to pull sponsorship out of nowhere was a thing, too.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 26, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Sears Point without the carousel is a travesty, but the last sector of the Indycar version of the track is such a pile of poo poo that I'd almost agree the NASCAR version is better.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Goldberg binned a truck at Goodwood lol

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Just saw the wreck and :stonk:

Imagine if Pocono still had the boilerplate walls.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

LostCosmonaut posted:

JEsus Christ

I remember watching the Steve Park crash in 2001 (?), thank god all the bare metal fences are gone. Pocono seems to have a history of bad accidents.

Steve Park had the absolute worst luck.

The Sacks/Speed wreck from '88 or '89 was real nasty too, and Dale Sr. and Davey Allison had some bad ones there as well.

hunnert car pileup fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jul 30, 2018

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Saw like 25 new posts and expected to see someone died or someone else trying to argue that the confederate flag is OK.

This is way funnier.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I want Nando to race everything. Buy a funny car and race that poo poo too.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Peanut President posted:

I really wanna know where these loving fans are that say they want more plates. I have never met anyone in my loving life who liked plate racing.

Can't wait for every race to be like that plate race at Loudon in 2000

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/NASCARonNBC/status/1035251870485422080

Also I really hope I'm misreading this and Mad Max isn't making excuses for this guy, but goddamn:
https://twitter.com/maxpapis/status/1035348467646955528

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

I really wish Indycar and the NHRA would do the full on throwback weekend stuff. The latter in particular would be loving amazing with the old paint schemes and Diamond P graphics.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the Skoal funny cars with the lightning bolt liveries from the 2000s were pretty fugly, but other than that I can't think of a single car of theirs anywhere that didn't look phenomenal

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Separating Suarez from his ride with no plan in place to reunite them in the future, huh

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Reynold posted:

Hey everybody just stopping by to say that "Let's Brickyard!" is a loving retarded marketing campaign, okay bye

seems like the BC39 has way more buzz here locally than the 400

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

rain already cancelling stuff at the track, heroically saving Indianapolis from having to see Florida Georgia Line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

iospace posted:

It makes me sad to see NASCAR like this. It was my first motorsport love, but now it's flailing hard.

This is kind of how I feel about the NHRA as well, since drag racing is what got me into this stupid sport. It may not be flailing as much since it's much more a niche sport, but Pro Stock used to be this magical place years ago where there were 60+ cars trying to make a field of 16, legit manufacturer wars, starting line burndowns, and dudes trying to sneak nitrous into their cars at every opportunity. Now the class is a dead man walking.