Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Joey Logano is between the benches with Brian Boucher for tonight's Flyers/Capitals game, which is apparently a Daytona 500 promotion.

The game is on NBC, which doesn't cover the 500. I don't think I've ever seen that sort of cooperation in NASCAR- you didn't even see that in the NFL until a couple years ago.

Sports ratings are all in the shitter and TV executives are getting fired. They will try anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I can't wait for 199 single file parade laps, I mean the daytona 500.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

shame on an IGA posted:

http://autoweek.com/article/nascar/mission-accomplished-danica-patrick-after-conservative-daytona-duel

Also regarding a possible NASCAR sale: Trading an entire fading motorsports empire for one NFL team is far, far too good a decision for it to ever be made by Brian France.

What if that team is the Browns?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Truck race was not bad except the dumb segments.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
6th is pretty loving good for crashing in overtime.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If a cup driver doesn't finish in the top 10 of the Xfinity race they get scratched from the cup race.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

sportsgenius86 posted:

If a cup driver enters an Xfinity race and does not win, Brian France dies.

Mandatory 2 cup driver minimum.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Anyone know how long the delay will be? I want to tune in for the third stage only

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Even pitting an extra time before the last yellow, Harvick was still able to pass the other 2 that tried to win on pit strategy.

It took him 2.3 seconds to pass them after his last pit. (Well he came out in front of two of them) The problem with pitting one less time is you are running 35 laps on the worst tires possible. It was a play for an early rain ending which would have worked but no rain came. Either way, watching Harvick lap the whole field would have been better but stupid stages, competition caution and the air hose screwed that up.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ilmucche posted:

Seriously, did Kyle Busch get in serous poo poo for reversing on a live track? Did he go back out after that? Surely there was damage to his brakes or suspension.

That was the only part of the truck race that made the highlights.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ilmucche posted:

He's also driving on three wheels. Backwards. On a live race track.

Counterpoint, NASCAR Trucks.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Chase was just bitching that they were not smart enough to cheat that way.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Make every track a perfect circle.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Why would you sponsor a car when you can just buy airtime during the race.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Every week, 1 car just dominates the field and makes for pretty boring racing :(

Works for F1.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

drat, they are missing their chance to do some snow racing.

I mean you are running trucks no?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Trucks is at 11 am tomorrow, Cup race is about 2 pm tomorrow.

Sorry boss you ain't getting that poo poo you thought you might be getting.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

Congrats, the drone is now more debris.

Better than the track dryer truck.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just reduce every race to 4 laps and you can save everyone a ton of money and time.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Don't allow passing under yellow, everyone restarts where they were before the pit stop. Problem solved. Now pits under green it is on.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
His sponsor is a hotel rewards program?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Mods change his name to SFA Semi Famous rear end in a top hat. Now sell me a shirt good drivin.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

And then they wonder why they are losing viewers...

I mean watching 23% more single file laps is not really that entertaining, that may be the problem.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
So glad long-suffering Harvick fans got a win.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I like it when Harvick wins I hope he wins every race and loses the chase to a guy with no wins.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
When does the TV contract end?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Oh good Monday or Tuesday race would be bitchin.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

iospace posted:

How many applebee's burned down?

not enough.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
A race so boring yahoo front page has the first search result from this year 5 results down.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Somewhere in LA, New York, Daytona, or Charlotte, Brian France excitedly perks up and falls off his couch in a drunken stupor at the news that NASCAR will be taking another stab at the mainstream through a lovely, canned reality show:

https://twitter.com/SamanthaBusch/status/1029773162282663940

So by the title I assume people are going to somehow race wives? Road course, Oval, or dragstrip? Dirt track?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Indy weather guys say there may be a window tomorrow but it is supposed to rain like a mother all morning. I am hoping for Monday so I can go but I am not missing opening weekend of the NFL to find out the 15th worst driver.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
If they didn't move the Xfinity race to the speedway they could run both races at the same time Monday.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey guys, NASCAR heard you wanted the sport to be even more complicated, so here's what they're doing with ARCA (and K&N)!

https://hometracks.nascar.com/2018/10/06/nascar-lays-out-competition-framework-for-arca-racing-series-kn-pro-series-in-2020/

So, that...is three different series with something resembling a Chase at the end where ARCA and K&N merge?

Merge as in you have to weld a car from each series together and one driver steers and the other works the pedals?

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
RIP my dreams of a T Shirt.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I knew when SRA said he wanted to spend more time with his family he meant us.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I hope they took that finish flag away from that kid.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I am sad that a winless driver is not going to be the champion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

big nipples big life posted:

His dad owns a trucking company.

http://houffcorp.com/