Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I hate NASCAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

but the new blood were the bad guys

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
And yet I would bet you some big time driver will have 6 men over the wall and not get penalized just like JimJohn last year.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Why are lot of people going to discord's NASCAR page/site/forum? What's the appeal? I mean, what's the difference between discord and SA, which is a place all of us helped create and maintain?

I'm seriously curious because I don't know anything about discord.

Discord is a platform like IRC but you can post pictures inline. There's one that KidC started for SASCAR. That's all.

edit this is what it looks like

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 9, 2018

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

FS1 is running another of their Beyond The Wheel episodes featuring various 30-for-30 style shorts about NASCAR right now. These tend to be really good- the Dick Trickle one was the first.

They're talking about NASCAR in Japan right now. NASCAR, in Japanese, translates to "Eggplant Question Mark". :roflolmao:

No, it's WWE. Pnut made a reference to "the guy who kicked Stan" once in one of these threads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnPo4fMBDds

Now I want to sponsor a truck that just has "DX" as the sponsor and I hate DX.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 17, 2018

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I hope Austin Dillon gets hit by a train.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

wicka posted:

Peanut, don't even loving start.

It's really funny how I saw that guys post and just scrolled by and wasn't even gonna answer and you're already mad. Get help please

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SpitztheGreat posted:

On a different topic, did anyone else catch Wallace referring to Richard as "The King"? I know that Kyle refers to him as The King, and I've always found that super weird, but hearing Wallace refer to him as The King made me stop and ask if Richard actually wants to be called The King to his face. If that's true, if Richard Petty actually goes by "The King" in his daily life it makes me wonder just how obnoxious he must be. I mean, the man is a legend, and I hope he's an all around decent guy (though there are red flags concerning Tim Richmond, kneeling for the anthem, to name two) but man, if you tell people to call you "The King" that's something else.

What are you gonna call him, Richard?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Elitist Bitch posted:

Lol so, we return.

Perhaps our resident Shrub apologist will also return.

You wanna fight?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

kidcoelacanth posted:

Hell yeah, unless the Toyotas do it, in which case NASCAR is being ruined by those awful Japs

same but reversed

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
That number is loving terrible looking.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dudley posted:

I have no idea what Liberty is, I'm presuming we're talking the college for people who couldn't get into Trump University.

It's a school founded by Jerry Falwell, a television preacher. His hits are:

Starting up the Moral Majority and telling his viewers to vote Republican which offended even other televangelists
Calling Martin Luther King "dangerous"
Supported Apartheid
Invented the "Bill Clinton is a serial killer" conspiracy
Said America deserved 9/11 because of all the "pagans and feminists"

also I'm pretty sure Liberty was founded as a whites-only school and only allowed integration when the IRS revoked its tax-exempt status.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SpitztheGreat posted:

Dude, I'm not paying for yet another service. This is the bullshit of cord cutting, you end up paying for 10 different services, all for $20/month, and you pay just as much as you were before for 100 channels. I get my TV through my PS4 for $45/month. If I have to pay for another app just to watch NASCAR I'm going to throw a loving poo poo fit since I got Playstation Vue just to watch my loving sports. There's no chance in hell I'd pay for F1 or Indy since I already get them on Vue.

On a different topic to complain about : the coverage sucks. I'm not talking about Joy, DW, or Gordon, I'm talking about the shooting of the race. Since I've been on a kick lately of watching old races, I have found it interesting how the direction of races has changed over the years. This isn't news to you guys, but today's races are shot horribly! I blame it on having too many options for the director to choose from. We cut from one close up shot to another, and never get a good sense of what's going on. We rush from one in car camera, to another door/wheel camera, to a "wide" shot, back to wall mounted cam, all within 30 seconds or less. I didn't even notice it anymore, until I really paid attention to the old races. The wide shots from races up until 2001 give you such a better perspective on the action, you can really get a feel for the flow of the race. Today, with dozens of cameras to choose from, the director is constantly switching from one to the next, all zoomed in tight, and it leaves the viewer disoriented to how the action fits into the larger picture. Even when they use a "wide" shot, I was surprised how tight the shot really is. At Martinsville, multiple times they used the camera at the top of the tower and followed the action, but the shot was so tight that you couldn't get any feel for what was around them. All of this can be best summed up last week by that loving camera mounted on the outside pit wall. They used it multiple times to show the action on the track, and while it was cool it was useless in conveying any information to the viewer.

I'm not trying to be all "the old ways were better", some of the camera work from the old races is loving awful, but today's issue is entirely of NASCAR's own making. Zoom out a little (though I'm sure sponsors hate that), user fewer specialty cameras, and hold your shots longer. This doesn't seem like rocket science.

Kevin Dunn Syndrome. The more cameras a director has at his disposal the worse the footage becomes.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

WindyMan posted:

To save even more money, don't race

that's what start and park is

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How many sport leagues actually do have an entitlement sponsor? I mean it's not the Denny's Grand Slam Baseball League or the Hooters Football League. The major sport leagues in the US is just the MLB, NFL, & NBA.

Like every soccer league except the premier league, bundesliga, and mls that i can think of

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
The Bayne Train has reached its final stop :rip:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Ralph the 4th
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Earnhardt
come on fellas

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
he posted in LF

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Kyle Busch has a theme song and everyone hates him. He's basically the NY Mets of NASCAR. wait poo poo i'm supposed to be telling you why you should root for him uhh uhh

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
he drives the M&M's car phew saved it

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

sum posted:

why does everyone hate kyle other than the fact that he has the face of a faulkernian idiot man-child

NASCAR has a lower level that he runs in which makes him UltraHitler but Brad K does it and it's okay because this thread is my own personal hell.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Why does everyone hate the Seahawks they had a window of like 4 years and won one super bowl

this forum is infested with californians

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Slickdrac posted:

A well informed source says they handle "like a video game". You control them by playing with the throttle. The cars you have to use the brakes and are a lot more on edge.

The same source says he still reads and follows the thread.

POST YOU COWARD

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Didn't Bruton Smith try a rival to NASCAR, he's probably your #1 buyer.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Nah I think Hooters is one of Chase's sponsors.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
If Kulwicki doesn't get in I'm gonna whip Brian France's rear end.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Yeah I knew you were a pussy Brian.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
and kyle sighed for there were no more tracks to conquer (wrecks 60 year old man in truck series)

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGD-jj6u8Uc

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

mactheknife posted:

all these new posts and none of them are about pocono this is peak NASCAR thread

Pocono has always sucked. I'm sure people will be posting about it when they go back in ~6 weeks.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Tailgators come on!

Unrelated WWE just got loving paid and wrestling is tv poison so NASCAR is gonna actually get a better deal next time book it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
NASCAR pullin in them WWE ratings.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Them ratings got WWE a helluva lot of TV money though and their ad rates are a total joke, which is why I don't put much stock in the "NASCAR is dying" narrative.

me not too long ago

Peanut President posted:

Unrelated WWE just got loving paid and wrestling is tv poison so NASCAR is gonna actually get a better deal next time book it.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

CBJSprague24 posted:

A certain official research group of NASCAR sent out a survey about Buschwhacking and also asked why I don't watch Xfinity. I politely reminded them that they're about 10 years too late as the series was turbofucked then, but then suggested they don't run as many cookie cutters where Kyle bulldozes the field.

I can't wait to see how badly they bungle whatever might result.

"DO YOU LIKE THE NUMBER OF COOKIE CUTTER TRACKS WE RUN?"
>No
"you heard em boys, MORE COOKIE CUTTERS"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
turn left kyle larson noooooo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

daslog posted:

NASCAR driver posts something on Twitter that actually reflects his opinion, fans attack driver, and then complain that drivers are corporate drones.

lol if you think supporting the GOP isn't corporate pandering

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Fauxhawk Express posted:

why didn't Sgt Slaughter come out to it then huh

Sgt. Slaughter only comes out the iraqi anthem that traitor

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

KlaNers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Does anyone know when Sponger Galapagos is coming back from his suspension?

right after shane hmiel