Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
I like F1's scoring pylon, and wish all racing series used it. That horizontal scrolling poo poo is weak af.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah a vertical scroll even would be an improvement for fields of 20+.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Yeah I've been seeing those cheap rear end kids toy ads since last year at least, and had the same thought. I never even pay attention when ratings are mentioned, because that doesn't include digital services, which is idiotic. Cord cutting is real and it's only going to increase over time. IndyCar and NASCAR need to get with the it and set up a goddamn OTT streaming service like F1 is supposed to be implementing this year. I'd rather pay (insert racing league here) $15/month during race season and have access to all the new and old races and extras than dick around with cable TV or whatever else and their garbage scheduling issues. Making your sport easy to watch with on demand and streaming services seems like an obvious step in the right direction.

Or maybe the track owners can convince congress to subsidize their poo poo like every other major league sport for billions of dollars every year.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Sure, if you follow like a half dozen different sports series, paying for everything separately can be a tall order, and package deals are more for you. I watch NASCAR, Indycar, and F1. That's it. I'd like to watch their ladder series more often as well, but coverage is sparse (except for NASCAR, they do a good job with Xfinity and trucks I think, compared to other series). I would gladly subscribe to a service for each of those during their seasons instead of a cable package. No commercials, viewing options, archives, ladder series included, is just icing on the cake.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

See, I don't think things like cable television need to be cut out, I just think they should offer OTT as well. If you wanna pay $50-100 per month to have a ton of channels and movies and your shows and whatever, that's great, go you. I'd rather go OTT for the stuff I wanna watch, and turn it off when the season is over. I have never in my life paid for cable or satellite TV, I just don't watch enough to care to sign a contract or pay that much. If I really feel like catching some show, I'll shell out for Netflix or turn on one of Prime's channels for a month or something. There's no reason not to have both available. Especially when your traditional TV audience is dwindling.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I did not like Kyle Busch for a long time, but lately I have come to appreciate him for being a good driver and a total rear end in a top hat.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Austin Dillon is now the driver I hate. Because of poo poo like that.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Hey everybody just stopping by to say that "Let's Brickyard!" is a loving retarded marketing campaign, okay bye

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

It's also supposed to rain all drat weekend here in Indy. I'm starting to think this is gonna suck. I've been going to the Brickyard 400 since 1994 with my dad, and I'll keep going as long as they run it, but especially after the rain last year this race needs to go well or the rest of our group (a bunch of filthy casuals) is about to quit.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Doesn't look like much of a window to me, roughly a 50% chance of rain from the new start at 1pm to 4pm. I'll be preparing for a long and miserable day at the track.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Free McDonald’s at the midway y’all. Spicy tender meals. Looks like it’s still sprinkling though, no word on the race status yet.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Tickets for both events will be honored tomorrow. Looks like I'm gonna get to see the Xfinity race after all! Provided it doesn't loving rain.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

It is comfy out at the track today, 70 or so with no wind. Anyone catch what happened to Truex?

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

big nipples big life posted:

That seems like a bit of an overreaction.

In an interview he gave about it, he said they were at an event with the truck, asked if he could do it, that they told him it was cool and even blocked off that part of the street for the demonstration. It was only later that some doofus realized that you can’t just do that whenever you want and some judge decided to bring the hammer down. Robby is somewhat used to overzealous authority figures trying to gently caress him over, so I’m sure he doesn’t give the slightest poo poo about returning to Australia.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

A clean first lap, mind blown

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

let the raccoon watch the race in peace imo

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

What happened to Andy Lally? He was running well up front and all of a sudden hes's at the back for the rest of the race

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Welp, I can't get NBC on my antenna and Sling doesn't offer it, gently caress this race I guess.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I’d have to watch it again but it looked to me like Truex wasn’t gonna make it through that chicane anyhow, with Johnson spinning into him just making things worse of course. I’m happy with the result either way.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I’m hoping for a Bowyer win today.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

loving hell

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Ugh. I was looking forward to a 7th win for Bell. Here's hoping for the 23 or 42 now.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lol

Something to do with his spoiler being modified. Good, gently caress em. I don't hate Harvick, but I'm sick of this cheating bullshit being so common in the series. I want NASCAR to bring the loving hammer down, disqualify these teams every single time they catch someone stepping slightly outside the rules.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

WindyMan posted:

So what happens when they cheat at Homestead

I don't see how that's any different, disqualified from the race, huge fines, points revoked, championship goes to the next dude in line who didn't cheat to get there. I want to watch people race, not a handful of douchebags stomp the field because they're not obeying the rules everyone is expected to go by. Hell, make the team ineligible for the championship the following season if that's what it takes to stop the rampant disregard for the rules NASCAR has failed to address. Every racing series has rule benders and outright cheaters, but you slap them down when you find them, not let things slide for so long that teams straight up won't make their car legal enough get through pre-qualifying inspections and they're throwing a half dozen crew and car chiefs out every month. NASCAR needs to clean house, and badly.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

wtf is yunick

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

At a glance, he sounds like a folksy "aw, shucks" cheater to me, idgi. There's a difference between pushing the boundaries of the rules and operating in grey areas until the officials catch on and stop you, writing new regulation in the process, and straight up cheating by knowingly going against the rules and doing things you're not allowed to do. drat near everybody in NASCAR cheats constantly, it seems. When race winners are found to be cheating to get there, it cheapens the sport. Like I said before, I wanna see competition on the track, without it NASCAR has nothing to offer over any other series.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

mischief posted:

Nobody that's winning in pretty much any series isn't cheating.

:discourse:

Do you want the current NASCAR product? Because this is how you get the current NASCAR product.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

mischief posted:

What is your ideal NASCAR product and when did it happen? Because what they're putting on the track right now is pretty impressive compared to what it's been for a long loving time.

The best the sport's been in a long loving time, really? One of the primary contenders for the championship just got disqualified for being a cheating gently caress like two races before the end of the season you idiot. Run your mouth about how great cheating was in the 80's some more though, that'll keep top level teams from shutting down and race fans from tuning out.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

dentist toy box posted:

Sir I'm gonna need you to calm down.

NO YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Elephanthead posted:

I hope they took that finish flag away from that kid.

Sorry son, the rules are the rules and you broke them. Gonna need that selfie deleted too.

Furthermore, I never said NASCAR was better at some other point, what I said was the organization needs to bring the hammer down like the fist of an angry god anytime they catch someone doing it, rather than this piddly bullshit punishment they currently mete out. In response, a half dozen morons sprung up in defense of... cheating?

Reynold fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Nov 8, 2018

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

gently caress yeah Christopher Bell is in!

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Mad scramble restarts? I don’t remember the original config

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

CactusWeasle posted:

They could have moved the start/finish line to a better racetrack

Indycar is trying this for next year

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lololol

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Gimme a sweet, sweet Almirola win

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Ugh, don’t know about the 10 holding that outside line.

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

lol @ Kyle pushing Rutledge away I'M STILL DOING MY THING BRO BACK UP

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Didn't hear anything when Chastain, racing for CGR, slowed before a stage win to allow the person behind him to unlap himself. He was verbally reprimanded over the radio by his crew chief I think, and that was it.

Aslo GIVE ME THAT MINIATURE RACE TRACK I'm gonna paint rectangles on it and use it for Formula D games tia

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

I can’t wait for today to be over and never hear this fuckin song again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Lol skydiver got his parachute caught on the fence and is dangling helplessly NASCAR delivers already