Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I believe that's called actions detrimental to stock car racing right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

People say the season is too long but I like that it seems like it just ended and the shootout, or whatever they call it this year, is only 3 weeks away.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I would love to see the trucks have less shared dates with cup.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Will look good on the wrecker hook before the halfway point

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I've never played a fantasy sport before but I'll try it this year.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Bet that makes Matt Kenseth feel better.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm filling out a lineup for the new Fantasy game- there are no A, B, or C Lists, but the entire field is up for grabs every week. Pick 5 plus a bench driver who can be swapped into the race later. :rip: grasping at straws on the C-list once you used the few decent drivers. (I don't know if the strategy play is to pick probable winners or make your own A/B/C lists and pick drivers from there.)

Bonus categories are polesitter, Stage 1 and 2 winner, race winner, and winning manufacturer.

e- Danica just said she saw the 10 on the pylon and thought they were fast, then remembered she's the 7. Laughing with, not at. :lol:

Are there picks for stuff like the clash or just points races?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I tuned in like an hour ago for the last 10 laps. arca af

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

http://www.espn.com/jayski/cup/2018/story/_/id/22417989/could-nascar-sale

quote:

America's premier stock-car racing series has been controlled by the France family since its founding in 1948. But as NASCAR's 70th anniversary season opens with this weekend's Daytona 500, it comes amid rumblings over what the future could hold for the sanctioning body and its major track operators: International Speedway Corp., also controlled by the France family, and Speedway Motorsports Inc., controlled by the Smith family.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

The way the Yahoo game was set up was you'd pick 1 starter from the "A" list (basically top 12 in points from the previous year), 2 from the "B" list (bottom of the top tier of drivers and midpackers), and then 1 from the "C" list (rookies and backmarkers). The NASCAR.com game (the new one we're playing) doesn't have those, rather just 10 starts for everybody, but you could approach the game the Yahoo way to manage the number of starts you get for each driver.

Don't quite know what to make of this. It would be hard to make the sport worse than it's become under Brian France's wisdom, but it could also get better. :shrug:

I wonder what happens to the FOX TV deal if Comcast were the buyer.

e- https://twitter.com/TeamHendrick/status/963420243078057987

It's a matter of time before he wins, but if he doesn't, he'll be the biggest bust since Casey Atwood and it will be glorious.

If it means no more DW than I am 1000% for comcast buying it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

It looks better, they could probably up the transparency a little more though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Visor cam owns, I wish I could watch whole races from it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Maybe it's Stan Lee.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

FS1 is running another of their Beyond The Wheel episodes featuring various 30-for-30 style shorts about NASCAR right now. These tend to be really good- the Dick Trickle one was the first.

They're talking about NASCAR in Japan right now. NASCAR, in Japanese, translates to "Eggplant Question Mark". :roflolmao:

No, it's WWE. Pnut made a reference to "the guy who kicked Stan" once in one of these threads.

I saw the Japan one last time it was on, I thought it was great. I liked Almirola going home to Cuba as well.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I think there was a time when she cared about racing but I think it ended before her indy career.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

And tomorrow the cars are much less stable at the back. Should be a shitshow, calling that it ends after dark.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Leigh Diffey calling luge for the olympics is cool and good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wicka posted:

I spent the last third of the race terrified Newman would win so I am thrilled with this outcome.

Are you some kind of neckist?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wicka posted:

I'm a card carrying We Landed On The Moon-ist

Yeah fair enough

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

An any Xfinity race with a cup driver Brian France has to sit in the stands for the entire race.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

78 failed pre qual inspection 3 times, car chief ejected from the track, 1 more and it would have COLEPEARNCOLEPEARNCOLEPEARNCOLEPEARN

guess nascar figured out what they were up to last year.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/968132293293412352

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kyle Busch one away from the all time truck wins record.

:lol:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Elitist Bitch posted:

I don't either, Jimmie.

https://twitter.com/jimmiejohnson/status/970161241074286592

Click through to see the crazy from "NASCAR female fanatic".

The top reply says it all.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The Texas Xfinity race is the My Bariatric Solutions 300

god drat lol

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is interesting

https://twitter.com/nascaronnbc/status/970808983060545536?s=21

It only flexes at speed so pre and post race inspections don't catch it. Pretty genius to drop it at the beginning of the western swing since everybody has their cars built for the next 3 races.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

"If you ain't cheatin, you ain't tryin."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/22681957/kevin-harvick-stewart-haas-racing-penalized-window-violation

Harvick losing 7 playoff points for the window, that's pretty severe.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:agreed:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

daslog posted:

No it's not. He's guaranteed a playoff spot with 2 wins.

1 win because the 2nd win doesn't count anymore but either way that's getting in, the harsh part is the playoff points carry through Homestead.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Slickdrac posted:

To, not through. You could win every race all year and come in second at Homestead and all those points mean nothing.

Yeah, they can get you in the final but after that it's pure finishing position. The point is playoff points mattered last year when it came to advancing past the cut offs so it's a pretty harsh penalty.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Restarts are going to be such a mess with most of the field still in the turn when they accelerate. I think mess is exactly what they are going for though.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

The Official ______ of NASCAR.

Considering the rumors of what Monster paid that can't cost much either.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I thought it was pretty good even though it was the Joey show. I like Cali though, I dread the day they repave it.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kyle Busch is cool and good.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Also all local NFL games are broadcast over the air, so cord cutters already get them free.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The My Bariatric Solutions 300 is still funny. Can't wait to see the commercials.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

That show should sponsor one of the cars.

"The My 600 pound life Mustang was fast today..."

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

https://twitter.com/blakeshelton/status/982697399276703744

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

CBJSprague24 posted:

Hey, let's see what Steven Wallace is up...

https://twitter.com/Clagger01/status/982761063161659392

...to.

General dislike or just some teasing?

Just teasing, they showed it on TV blurred out and Clint says "as you can see he's gving me the thumbs up here". They are friends.