Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

As good an idea as it is, I can't help but feel like it might meet a bit of resistance from fans because "why are they making another change god damnit?"

Is it not already a rule that 1st place picks his lane? I always thought it was.

No one behind should get a choice, because they're loving losing. That's how this poo poo works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Yeah, I can't find sympathy for that or a reason why that should be a rule. Want to pick your lane? Be first. It's like that from the lowest level on up.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Watching Kahne suck poo poo last night at Volusia made my heart happy.

Also, David Reutimans 76 year old dad won the LCQ for UMP modifieds, and I'm pretty sure he ended up finishing 10th in the main to qualify for Monday's finale.

The week and a half before Daytona has so much more exciting racing than actual Daytona.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Elephanthead posted:

I can't wait for 199 single file parade laps, I mean the daytona 500.

Lol just lol if you're watching it instead of sleeping in because you spent all night Friday and Saturday at the dirt track.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

That would be a hell of a sleep in with the race starting close to 3 because West Coast Audience.

(The trickiest decision during Speedweeks is which local racing to take in- pavement action at New Smyrna or the dirt at Volusia.

In all seriousness, the 400 last year was entertaining because of the stages.

E- thinking back, I think the race did kind of suck in stage 3.

I've gone to 3 at Volusia so far and will be back Friday or Saturday, gotta make sure the big blocks will be there.

Is new Smyrna decent? Still haven't made it out that way. Hard to justify a 2hr drive got paved when I have East Bay and BRP in less than 45m.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Anyone heading to Volusia, New Smyrna or Bubba this weekend?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
The only reason she's doing this is her agent talked her into it. Any argument about her loving racing was nixed by her own words.

I can't even feel bad for her, she's doing it yo herself as a vain cash grab and was very upfront about it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Sprints.

WoO and trucks should tour together. All dirt track, all the time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Top 5 markets all in the east?

Better make more races in the west! Grow the brand!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Man, the contrast of fan experience from NASCAR to IMSA is ridiculous.

NASCAR just needs to go full Aussie supercar style, and run half ovals and do poo poo with IMSA the rest of the time. That would be amazing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dudley posted:

The only "World" level motorsport I know of with one is the World Touring Car Cup, and that's only a car parts company rather than a household brand.

IMSA Weathertech..

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

exploded mummy posted:

Verizon sponsors Indyc-

Wait CBJ said major series.

I'd actually be really curious to see true attendance figures over the past few years for both series

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

And that follower was Dale Jr.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Tangentially related to NASCAR, IMSA signed a new six-year TV deal with NBC.

And they have a title sponsor.

And people go to the races.

And they don't actively poo poo on people who watch it.

You'd never know they have the same owners.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BMB5150 posted:

Helps having a France that gives a poo poo about his sport. NASCAR needs a serious shakeup in administration, but that'll never happen.

It's just amazing to me, since sportscars in America were basically dead. And now it's bigger than ever, and somehow getting better and better.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

CBJSprague24 posted:

Adding to explodedmummy's post, if you're a hockey fan, the comparison might go something like this:
Cup=NHL
Xfinity=AHL (mix of up-and-comers and washed up guys, with the unfortunate catch of a scourge of NHL regulars frequently dropping into games and preventing young players ice time.)
Trucks=Something between AHL and ECHL.
ARCA=ECHL with a hint of beer league.
K&N East, West, Whelen Mods=CHL (OHL, WHL, the Q)

Yeah, except now imagine dropping to the AHL would pad your stats so you do it every week just to be a loving prick while making millions but choosing to poo poo all over guys who are barely making a living and if they're doing better or embarrassing him he goes full Domi and tries to end their career/life.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Boomer The Cannon posted:

Kaz Grala's money dried up

Fixed to reflect how drivers actually make it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
That is a gently caress ugly automobile

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Ungratek posted:

Stenhouse drove like a loving idiot and he’s gonna pay for it the next couple of months

This gets said about a different driver after every plate race.

It's almost as if plate racing is loving dumb

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Quantrill posted:

I just remember the grass sections in the turns being packed in the past years.

Middle of the week, and this year has sucked balls. Hard to get people to come out.

Plus, iirc, last year was a massive dust fest like 10 laps in.

Also they don't televise the modifieds so gently caress nascar.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Ryan Newman driving the 3 is worse than 9/11 for me

Well tower 1 just fell then

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

maffew buildings posted:

Was rooting for Seavey but good finish. Hope Seavey gets some more starts

I hope he goes to outlaws where he has a chance to make money and not be stuck in a poo poo truck, then take a decade to see in the main series.

Then again I just love dirt :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I'm more excited about her being in a car than I have been in a loooooong time for any nascar series other than trucks.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Having seen him race quite a number of times in person, that kid is loving legit.

But unless he gets a Larson style deal, I don't see him going cup. Hes basically guaranteed an outlaw ride.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I just cant stop laughing at the empty rear end stands

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

daslog posted:

Attendance only matters if you are concerned for the welfare of billionaires.

It matters when I can laugh at it.

Also that was a good rear end race, finally. Beginning of stage 3 was a bit slow, but quickly got entertaining. A little bit more tire wear and it would have been perfect.

Poor Yeley just got loving boned, that was a hard rear end hit.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

kidcoelacanth posted:

I really doubt the legitimacy of that rumor, the pieces that would need to fall in place for it to happen are ludicrous and Kyle's never shown interest in running a cup team before iirc.

All he needs to do is find a rich guy who makes machinery and also likes race cars to partner with.

Time honored tradition, that.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

shame on an IGA posted:

I went to a race at Myrtle Beach last night that had three red flags and 11 of 26 cars left on the track by lap 12.

The last 50 lapper I went to had 30 cars start, 15 by lap 3 (35 minutes of real time) and finished the night with 8, almost 2.5hrs after it started.

I hate those nights.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
"Think about how far he is from the pits, they cant talk to him!"

Why is that not an issue in literally any series but nascar? Clownshoes rear end series.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SpitztheGreat posted:

Man, this makes me cringe. I understand that everyone is human, and as a prospective parent I'm trying hard to impose my views on child rearing on other parents because I think that's lovely, but I would be a liar if I said I was totally cool with this. Good parents can do bad things and that doesn't make them monsters or abusers, but gently caress dude, the belt for not doing homework?

Have you met anyone raised in the south?

Like, agreed its lovely and wrong. But that's not even close to surprising or any kind of shocking revelation.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SpitztheGreat posted:

No, you're right that it isn't surprising, but it still bums me out. In the abstract, I know many southerners experienced it, but hearing experiences from individuals bothers me. That said, while we laugh now about the $80 he stole, at the time that is a very serious infraction and the punishment is going to be extreme. If he got the belt for not doing homework, I literally do not want to know what happened to him for stealing.

My wife got the belt for putting forks in the dishwasher wrong or turning a napkin the wrong way on the table as a kid.

gently caress, adrian Peterson beat his kid with a switch so bad his testicles had cuts. And people still white knighted him and he still has a job.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

big nipples big life posted:

Supertrucks is a real life video game, they are cool as hell.

They're also now banned in Australia thanks to robby.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

big nipples big life posted:

lol, wth did robby do to cause that?

https://jalopnik.com/robby-gordon-banned-from-racing-in-australia-for-doing-1796242394

He can race there again if they approve his Visa, but the trucks are banned for good.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

tater_salad posted:

yeah I mean I watched the pilot show they did like what 3-7 years ago? and it was cool enough, they talk about their setup a little etc. After the show progressed it started to get drama levels of street outlaws which is stupid. I didn't get a chance to watch last night since I'm an old and it's past my bedtime. I'm :filez: ing it right now (althoguth it's probably avaliable on discovery on demand on my laptop) and it'll be something to put noise in my ear when I'm cooking or doing mundane tasks while working from home.

From everything I've ever heard about that track, honestly the drama seems low.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Reynold posted:

Do you want the current NASCAR product? Because this is how you get the current NASCAR product.

Cheating is part of racing at every level. It happens. If you're caught you pay for it, if you're not then you're going to win if you're good.

Railing against it does nothing because it's still going to happen no matter the amount of hand wringing.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Reynold posted:

The best the sport's been in a long loving time, really? One of the primary contenders for the championship just got disqualified for being a cheating gently caress like two races before the end of the season you idiot. Run your mouth about how great cheating was in the 80's some more though, that'll keep top level teams from shutting down and race fans from tuning out.

They're already tuned out and ots not because of cheating. Literally no one gives a poo poo about it except you.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. Reflects on His Career

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPCHVNK42f8

Edit: Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. on What It's Like to Flip a Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQrzrTM3IQ4

Ohhhhh poo poo I didn't know Jr went on there, time to update.

About drat time. Wonder if he smoked weed.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I assure you that whatever they're getting caught with in NASCAR, a redneck has more creative poo poo done to his loving 4cyl bomber at your local track.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I mean...it took a bit but both are now great and gaining fans/viewers/ticket buyers quicker than nascar.

And at least they're still fun to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Joe Rogan - Dale Earnhardt Jr. on His Relationship with his Dad

It seems Dale, Sr. may have been a bit of a prick. Imagine that.

https://youtu.be/AgXI3eWGnkA

Yeah it's kind of remarkable.

Sounds basically like every poo poo kicker dad I've ever known.

The fact that he brings up doing sponsor gigs together as happiest memories makes me incredibly sad for him.