Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

Kwolok posted:

Got me my first shrouded ghost.

Whoa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Motherfuck. Got like 1500 hours of game time and I’ve never seen one. Congrats.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

Kwolok posted:

Got me my first shrouded ghost.

Congratulations & jealous.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Goongrats

"First" he says 😂

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Congrats man. I think there's only 3 goons who killed it now.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

The game is officially coming to PS5.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Ah, they've officially announced it.

New Platforms, New Players: Four Fan-Favorite Xbox Games Coming to Nintendo Switch and Sony Platforms

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

What are everyone's thoughts on starting a fresh thread to coincide with the Playstation release? The OP is very old, and doesn't cover any of the newer features. I've never written an OP before, but am considering working something up sometime next month, unless everyone would rather keep this one going, or someone more on the ball beats me to it.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.
I say go for it.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Be the change you wish to see my dude.

Don’t let your posts be ghosts.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

glitchwraith posted:

What are everyone's thoughts on starting a fresh thread to coincide with the Playstation release? The OP is very old, and doesn't cover any of the newer features. I've never written an OP before, but am considering working something up sometime next month, unless everyone would rather keep this one going, or someone more on the ball beats me to it.

Do it you coward!

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Cool. I'll get one worked up as soon as I'm able. Just need to make sure I don't ramble too much, or fill it with typos.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

This will probably get lost in the thread reboot, but my game is crashing anytime I try to do anything with guilds. Just open the Guilds tab from the main menu, or look at the screen where you choose between plain ship, your ships, guild ship. Hard crash back to Xbox dashboard.

This sucks, especially with the community weekend coming up. :(

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Sywert of Thieves posted:

This will probably get lost in the thread reboot, but my game is crashing anytime I try to do anything with guilds. Just open the Guilds tab from the main menu, or look at the screen where you choose between plain ship, your ships, guild ship. Hard crash back to Xbox dashboard.

This sucks, especially with the community weekend coming up. :(

You can submit a ticket on the sea of thieves website to log the issue and they do read all that stuff. Don't think it will be fixed for the community weekend though.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah I read it's a known issue but the timing really sucks.

I had a crashing video driver on SoT on my laptop, but at least I was able to fix it by editing some .ini file to force the old DirectX version.

This is a very bumpy season.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Is there a goon guild?

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Is there a goon guild?

Yup! If you go on the discord someone can invite you.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Today is update day! I really hope this fixes some of the crashing bugs, because I've had at least one crash-to-desktop every session for weeks now. Both PC and console.

And Rare hosed up their GDK update last time, so now we get to download a 90Gb patch yet again.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Yeah, the GDK update going wrong is one of the weirder issues I've had in ages: the performance I got basically halved following the update. Hopefully it's much better this time.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Seems like the bug fixes have been mixed with the new update. Some people who had problems are playing without any now, others are reporting similar issues.

Nosthula
Mar 23, 2009
They finally fixed the drat logon bug I was having. About 2 weeks ago I started having to logon every time I played. Doing the credential manager clean up used to work but it stopped working. Today I finally was able to play without logging in. I would like to get a guild invite on Nosthula if there is space. I posted in Discord as well.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry

Nosthula posted:

They finally fixed the drat logon bug I was having. About 2 weeks ago I started having to logon every time I played. Doing the credential manager clean up used to work but it stopped working. Today I finally was able to play without logging in. I would like to get a guild invite on Nosthula if there is space. I posted in Discord as well.

Sent you a guild invite!

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

glitchwraith posted:

Seems like the bug fixes have been mixed with the new update. Some people who had problems are playing without any now, others are reporting similar issues.

I'm still having crashes, and I'm hearing people say Hourglass is still messed up. So far it's about the same as before the update. :(

Sywert of Thieves fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Mar 17, 2024

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Supposedly I heard crashes are on the like Xbox store version. Steam version has been fine for me.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah the Steam version is somehow more stable than console/MS store. :(

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
reinstalling from scratch allegedly works for MS versions

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Truga posted:

reinstalling from scratch allegedly works for MS versions

I may have to try this. I was hit by the crashes this weekend.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Yeah I guess I'll try that too. But re-downloading 103gb yet again will take a while. :(

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Did they do random small changes to the Tall Tales clues?

Was doing "Legendary Storyteller" and have this Littlest Boat clue:

D-10 is Port Merrick

But every guide has this image instead:

Golden Sands doesn't even seem to be on the map??

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

golden sands was voted to be destroyed as part of an event and port merrick sits on top of its ruins.

i guess they didn't want to just replace the sign with "port merrick" because it was still called golden sands at the point in the timeline that the tall tale takes place?

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

golden sands was voted to be destroyed as part of an event and port merrick sits on top of its ruins.

It was actually voted to be saved and rebuilt after it was destroyed by Flameheart's forces during the initial Adventures. Presumably, if Port Merrick hadn't been built the island would have been changed from an outpost to something used by him and the Reapers.

DeadlyMuffin
Jul 3, 2007

glitchwraith posted:

It was actually voted to be saved and rebuilt after it was destroyed by Flameheart's forces during the initial Adventures. Presumably, if Port Merrick hadn't been built the island would have been changed from an outpost to something used by him and the Reapers.

Those exploding rowboats were the best. I missed a board but sank the brig I was chasing anyway by sniping their rowboat from the water.

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJmXsdrOkYg

The preview event for 2024 ended, and included a lot of game changers. In summary:

Season 12: New tools. Two new weapons in a double-barrel flintlock and throwing knives. Scattershot for cannons that have short range, but do multiple small holes against a ship. New throwable that summons skeletons to fight for you, even on boats. New wind horn treasure that can propel ships and rowboats, knock around players, negate fall damage, and put out fires. Also, you'll be able to tightrope walk across harpoon lines! Also, ziplines are being added to many of the islands.

Season 13: Flameheart! And he comes with a new mega-ship that's a world event. Defeat it to take control of the ship, which comes with 10 cannons, forward facing fireball launchers, and a skeleton crew to help run everything. Once you have it you can voyage to skeleton camps for Orb of Secrets, and build up tribute to Flameheart that can be cashed in for gold. But, of course, everyone on the map will be fighting to take the ship from you.

Season 14: The "mischief season". More described than shown off. Will have new stealth options to assist in tucking on other ships. Will also introduce traps, and a grapple gun. The latter they showed off, making island traversal or boarding much, much easier.

DeadlyMuffin posted:

Those exploding rowboats were the best. I missed a board but sank the brig I was chasing anyway by sniping their rowboat from the water.

These where a lot of fun. I kind of wish they made them a permanent part of the game somehow.

Edit: Forgot ziplines.

glitchwraith fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 20, 2024

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The Gold and Glory "weekend" also started today, lasting from 20 to 25 March. Double rep & gold, and there's Legendary Bottle quests that give Athena loot. If you complete 8, you get a "glass rapier"!

Sadly the progress tracking is buggy and so far none of them counted for me. :(

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

The Gold and Glory "weekend" also started today, lasting from 20 to 25 March. Double rep & gold, and there's Legendary Bottle quests that give Athena loot. If you complete 8, you get a "glass rapier"!

Sadly the progress tracking is buggy and so far none of them counted for me. :(

Very frustrating when bugs ruin the fun. Hopefully there will be a quick fix.

There is also a gold capstan as a simple log-in bonus for the event.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'll mostly be grinding hourglass so i just hope they extend the weekend a bit so i have time to do the bottle thing, once it's fixed. Don't want to miss out on a sweet sword. :ohdear:

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

I'll mostly be grinding hourglass so i just hope they extend the weekend a bit so i have time to do the bottle thing, once it's fixed. Don't want to miss out on a sweet sword. :ohdear:

The support twitter mentioned they are aware of the bug, and will have an update on it tomorrow.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
My Athena bottles counted, so maybe right not it’s down to a bit of luck. Also I’m stoked for all these updates, especially the skeleton-summoning throwable

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

I think the bug is related to doing any other treasure map quest, like skeleton bottles or whatever.

After only getting 1 of 4 to count tried again but didn't select any quests at all, picked up no skeleton envelopes etc, and everything counted and got the sword.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

I'll just wait for the announcement they fixed it.

At least I got to Servants level 100 last night and I am now a cool skeleton. 😎