Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame

automaticswim posted:

There's a terrible "work around" for the too early message people are getting on reddit:

A better explanation for those who pre-ordered and cannot get in due too early bug.

This should work fine because you aren't billed for Microsoft Store pre-orders until release date, so there's no worry about double-billing, and Amazon's delivery is immediate from what people are posting.

That's if you really want in right now and not later, though. Also that should 'fix' the same bug with the Xbox version.

Didn't need to uninstall the client, this worked for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luffles
Jul 25, 2007

The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame
Really concerned with the state of 'progression' in the game. Talking to people who played in the alpha say a lot of stuff is missing, but even with what they say is gone, the game seems to be missing some core gameplay elements. Hanging out with your mateys on pirate ships is dope and all, but I want to feel risk/reward beyond losing my chests.

I think as you age in game, you should get a lingering buff that does.. something. Makes you look cooler, get more gold per sell, whatever. But as soon as you die, it's gone. Or maybe the same thing, but with your crews ship. The game also really badly needs a way to catch other players boats that isn't "get on board and drop their anchor".