Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Really love the aesthetics and sailing feel of this game. There's just something about the artwork and the way the waves work and seeing a storm on the horizon. The "FPS" side of things is terrible and I really hope they add more content, but right now I am cautiously optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Empress Brosephine posted:

So is this bad or something like no one taking about it

This test is the first without an NDA, and even previously most people were in a "technical alpha" that was only open for a few days a month, if that.

My experience so far is that it's fun but it needs more to do.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

I played for about 15 mins earlier

They really need a way to adjust brightness because the ship is hella dark at night

Is there a specific place I'm supposed to put a chest until I get back to an outpost?

Nope, wherever you want.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Whilst? Ugh, preorder canceled.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I don't think they going to add it, but I I really, really hope they add ship customization, and I don't mean different colored sails and poo poo like that.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Definitely the more player interaction they can achieve the better. It seems like they've already done a bit to improve that. The spyglass is new and they have increased the distance that you can see other players ships, so that's a good start.

They are going to have to deal with the contingent that whines every time they get a chest stolen, but honestly the game doesn't seem like it will ever be super entertaining to play in a bubble. Gathering chests isn't that fun if there's really no risk to it or a chance for emergent gameplay.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Yeah, it's really bad and inviting people and managing friends and all that is equally as bad. If When this game flops it will be because they're forcing the Windows Store.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

s.i.r.e. posted:

Hmm... seems like most of the content is just fetch quests which is disconcerting, I feel like that poo poo would get old quickly. This dude's putting a lot of emphasis on earning "titles" and "achievements" and decking your dude out how you want to, but what's the point if there isn't much to do.

Yeah, that video was good to see and they seem like they're adding a bit, but if that's what they're banking on... there's a lot more needed.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

soy posted:

Watched some streams, I actually felt bored after about 3 minutes of watching the stream. I'd like to see more of the dynamic pvp content but what I saw looked real grindy and eh...

Is this going to be good?

"Grindy?" I have no idea how that term could be applied to the game as-is.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Givin posted:

Watched like 2 hours of a stream of this. Felt like I had seen everything the game has to offer.
60 bucks is a horrible price point for this poo poo.

You haven't because it's literally not in game right now.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Givin posted:

Neat. Maybe they can make it worth 60 bucks then. Until then, Blackwake lite.

Yes, both of these games have boats.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

I agree with you all. The content is way too light. Which sucks because it's a cool concept and some pieces are perfect. But between the lack of content and the Windows Store requirement, I don't see this game making it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Every other game has solved this problem already. "Guards" in areas where players have to congregate and have no choice.

I was really stoked about this game, but the execution is absolutely terrible and I have 0 interest in it now.