Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
That first dude is a drawing by Tom of Finland, you can't persuade me otherwise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Wall Balls posted:

strong velocipedestrienne energy

http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=331

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

I just spent 5 minutes checking cat facial markings to see if I know that cat. I follow the owner of a very similar Bengal cat on Insta, she she takes the cat on adventures around the world... I don't think it is the same cat, but they seem to be an adventurous breed.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Chrpno posted:

I'm jealous. My local meat house is a place of poo poo because (a) they're too cheap to turn the heat right up and sear the meat properly, and (b) they're too cheap to get a shaver and can't cut the doner thin enough with their breadknife. This dude doesn't even need one.

That's a good donner. Is that pineapple at the top? If so, then propper #blessed.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Wendigee posted:

cancer solidarity?

Yeah, probably. A #blessed clip for sure. When my wife shaved her head - she was losing her hair anyway because of the chemo - my son and I both shaved ours in solidarity. She then had her bald bonce decorated with henna.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Hail.

And 50 years ago, this year. Amazing.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Really nice murmurations. Thanks!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Please tell me his name’s Spot

:golfclap:

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
That frog picture is fantastic.

This one might just be #blessed for me, but I got up early this morning - my mind was on work, and I needed to pee, so I woke the cat up (see how she likes it) and went downstairs. On the way, I could see that the night sky at the front of the house was just starting to turn, and was beautiful. I used the toilet, she ate a bit of dried food. I let her out of the back door and went to grab my good camera. I opened the front door to take a pic, and this is what I found -

(Just a crop, no filters.)

Then I had to try to get the big dummy down.

And that, officer, is why you found me in the street, at 5 am, in my underpants, clutching a camera.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

fizzymercy posted:

My dog is the best dog.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/TexasGameWarden/status/1361843910453063682

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Tabby McTat was a busker's cat, with a meow that was loud and strong.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I could - there are several children's books I can do by heart!

"And the littlest kitten, named Samuel Sprat, looked exactly the same as his dad."

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Memento posted:

Powerful Gruffalo energy from this illustration, I'm guessing we're on to a Julia Donaldson/Axel Scheffler original?

Yes, you're right! I'm sorry - I wasn't needlessly being obscure.

One of Donaldson/Scheffler's best books is Tabby McTat. He's striped, and a busker's cat. He meets Socks, the black female cat, they have a little of three, two look like Socks, and "the littlest cat, named Samuel Sprat, looked exactly the same as his dad."

That photo of the litter, with one looking like one of the parents, the rest like the other, gave off the same vibe.

It's a good book! :catte:

(Some of these smilies really don't work in Dark Mode!)

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Karia posted:

I'm not owned! I'm not owned!

:emptyquote:

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/NoContextBrits/status/1410162805832093699

And here's the pic in the tweet, hope you can read it.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry. :(

It's a note from an autistic kid, saying he's fascinated with car wheels and hubcaps. When he sees one on the side of the road, he takes it home, cleans it up, and adds it to his collection. But more than that, he likes noticing a neighbour with a missing hubcap when he has a match at home. He packages up the spare, adds some cable ties, and his parents add a note to say it's not a scam. Everything gets disinfected (COVID) and he drops the package off.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

fizzymercury posted:

Thank you for translating for me, I really appreciate you.

Thank you for appreciating me. I appreciate that. :unsmith:

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

That you for posting that - I'd have had a terrible time trying to find it.

Once, when I managed a cheese shop, I was on the phone in the office and my brother rolled a 35kg wheel of Gruyere into the room to surprise me. It knocked a double socket off the wall and nearly broke my toes.

Bit of a personal #blessed story - my family and I are at the fag-end of the ten-day UK hotel quarantine for arrivals from a red country. It's been tough, but we've gotten through (most of) it.

But it's been tough - a 9-year-old, and an 11-year-old with learning difficulties have made sure of that! The hotel staff have been great - really helpful and accommodating. On about day three I got a call from the Food & Beverage manager, and he said, "We've got 50 inflated baloons that we don't need - would you like them?" So minutes later we received a delivery of the promised 50 inflated baloons, and we had a great time bouncing around, popping a few, batting them about.

A small thing, but it made the quarantine a bit more fun.

(Please excuse the mess. When you can't leave the room, standards drop.)

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
You know -

(Missed 69% battery life by 1% dammit.)

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Sorry, should have chosen my words more carefully.

:smith:

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
The rooms are. Well, they're a mix of that and laminate. Seems to be (after googling) something called The Holstee Manifesto?

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

StrixNebulosa posted:

I am a terrible, unpracticed artist but since I've been journaling a lot lately, I've gotten into the new habit of also doing a page of sketches around a sticker chosen from my collection.

I'm going to try to keep this up moving forward as it's a great way to unwind after journaling - I love picking a sticker, then just doodling and trying to practice.

Keep practising, keep drawing in ink. You won't get twitchy about erasing errors.

Edit - I've got this hanging on the wall of my lounge.

Keep going, and in two hundred years, maybe someone will be paying big bucks for your sketches.

(Sorry about the crappy pics - it's dark here, and I'm drunk.)

Teach fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 26, 2021

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
49 years young.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

ultrafilter posted:

I Monster covered that. If you like trip hop the album it's on is worth a listen.

If you like that, you'll love this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkjg3SgUUkY

The Beta Band opened their second album, Hot Shots II, with a kind-a cover, and the rest of the album (and their first three E.Ps, collected as The Three E.P.s) are great quasi-trip-hop.

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

LordoftheScheisse posted:

loving looooove Beta Band and can't agree with this more. Hot Shots II is one of my top 10 albums of all time.

Wassup, Beta-Band-buddy!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
One of these days I'll find someone else who loves How To Operate With A Blown Mind by the Lo Fidelity Allstars. :(

But that's more big-beat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug

Something's wrong with that rabbit....