Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Back in 2009, a goon found a cat stuck in a tree, and consulted PI on what to do about it. While PI offered suggestions, said goon began tossing pieces of lunch meat up to the cat and taking pictures. I remember another poster saying, "it looks like the cat is dispensing roast beef", which made me laugh hysterically.

Ten years later, I NEEDED that image. Despite it being a long shot that anyone knew what the hell I was talking about, I asked the Lost SA Stuff thread. And lo, someone had it saved.

Meat Dispensing Cat blesses us all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Kharmakazy posted:

Make a Photoshop thread?

If anyone with better skills/software than me (I'm an old fart that still uses PaintShopPro 7) can cut a clean starter image of Tree Meat Cat, I will start this thread.

edit: Yeah, this probably best left to the professionals, but here's what I whipped up in 5 minutes on my antiquated software

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 28, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Pennywise the Frown posted:

:lol: Those are great.

There's an earlier one where it's a "race" to see which dog will eat their food faster, but I don't understand Twitter and don't know how to find it. :( It's got the additional perk of hearing someone (I assume his wife) in the background getting exasperated.

But yes, Mabel and Olive are totally blessed.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Haha, thanks Milo!

that "get on with it" cracks me up so much, too

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Not a pic, sorry, but just feeling pretty blessed and thought I'd share.

So yesterday Bandcamp did a "hey life sucks out there and we know it, so we're waiving our cut for a day" sale thing, which was really cool for people like me that have lost our day jobs. I put my whole discography on "pay whatever you want" in part because it coincided with my birthday, and I wanted to give a gift back to my fans.

I got a handful of sales, but the one that stuck out was someone --- who must be a goon --- paid $6.90 for an album.

:nice:

Thank you for not only the patronage, but the much-needed laugh.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Blessed so loving hard. I've been in a bad mood today over various poo poo and needed that, thank you.

In a similar vein, if y'all haven't checked out SGN, this will make you cry your eyes out --- in a good way. Just go ahead and start with the first one and work your way through.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOe_y6KKvS3PdIfb9q9pGug

I've never even seen a single episode of The Office, so I had no idea who this guy was, but goddamn does this hit me right in the feel-good spot. And it just keeps getting better every week. (I particularly look forward to the weather reports.)

The world needs more shows like this. Less stupid "reality" show drama, less horrible news, less sitcoms where everyone's an rear end in a top hat, less gritty versions of comic book stories. I hope he keeps doing it, even if/when the world returns to "normal".

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Yoshi Wins posted:

You will like the sudoko video if you think you will like it. It's a guy getting excited about solving a puzzle of a type he's never seen before. If you like that, you will like that video. If that doesn't sound that interesting, you will not like it. I guess you could skip to the last minute to hear him gushing about it.

Yeah, I wouldn't say that skipping ahead through a 25 minute video trying to find anything remotely interesting about a dude solving basically a newspaper puzzle was "the highlight of my day". Full disclosure: I'm an old person who doesn't get the allure of Let's Play videos either.

Content:

I AM an old person who loves watching nature, because that's actually soothing and has occasional surprises. I am grateful to the goon who turned me on to Crittervision.

https://www.twitch.tv/crittervision

Right now there's 3 trash pandas and a few deer eating corn, it is delightful.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Inceltown posted:

It's not the solving of the puzzle that is the reason the video is :blessed:. It's the emotions that he goes through as he realises he hasn't been trolled and can actually do something.

Fair enough, friend. I admit I did enjoy the bits I caught where he did seem to be all "oh, wow, this CAN be solved!" but it just wasn't enough to hold my interest for nearly half an hour.

To each their own, let's all just be blessed itt. :)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Little back story:

My given name is a variant of Katharina. My mom used to sing this to me all the time (the inside joke being that I've always been skinny as a rail, and it's a song about a fat woman). I was just perusing my mom's cookbook that got handed down to me when she died a few years ago, and when I stumbled on a recipe that called for farina, this song popped into my head. So I just went hunting and found this on Youtube.

I've never actually heard the original, just my mom's off-key singing. And this video has a cute dog, cute cat, and a nice-sounding narrator, so hopefully it should bless people of all tastes.

Miss you mom, wish I could share this with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5x7zogDVs0

Here's the lyrics to the first chorus (which was the only part mom sang):

O Katharina,
O Katharina,
To keep my love you must be leaner,
There’s so much of you
Two could love you,
Join a gym,
Learn to swim,
Eat farina
O Katharina,
Unless you’re leaner
I’ll have to build a big arena,
You’re such a crowd
my Katharine
I got a lot when I got you!

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 23, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

I just dug one of my cassette decks out of storage, as well as tapes I made off the radio of 90's NYC club sets. The bear managed to not once, but twice, shake exactly while the Latino house music I'm grooving on did a maraca breakdown.

Feeling super blessed, thank you.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

Would be ultra blessed if you upload those recordings and let me listen. If it's La Mega from the 90s let me loving know.

Dang, close! La Mega is 97.9FM; these are mostly Hot 97.1's "All-Night House Party" ("coming to you from tippity-tippity top of the Empire State Building!"). Though there might be some overlap in what you're looking for. I'd just tune in to whatever sounded good on a weekend night, pop in a 120 minute cassette, and let it roll. And I do love me some Latin percussion, so if Hot 97 wasn't doing it for me, could be a scootched a little further down the dial.

I do intend to rip a mess of these while I'm sitting around without a job right now, so I'll letcha know. Heck, if this stuff is your jam maybe you could help me identify some of the tracks. So many I have no idea other than "that song where there's a nasal guy yelling 'voy voy a bailar' over and over".

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

The New York Times posted:

Holy poo poo I want to hear that too. I love 80s-early 90s nyc hip hop radio and mixtapes.

Well dang, between you and TontoCorazon, I'm feeling pretty blessed! I lost my restaurant job for reasons that should be obvious, and it just feels nice to be wanted after futilely applying for jobs for the last two months.

I'll let FOH know when your order for Glenn Friscia/ David Morales/ Tony Humphries "live from Amnesia, with your host Angie Martinez" is up. :kimchi:

(man, I hope I find the tape that has an ad for some Spanish tv station airing the Stallone movie "Cobra", that is loving gold and cracked me up every time I listened to it. " 'You're a disease, and I'm the cure.' Esta noche, es COBRRRRRAAAA!")

Sorry for derailing with no pics, but I think this fits the mood of the thread. Just tryin' to bless people with this lil' nostalgia lovefest.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

mds2 posted:

My cat went missing for 1 day this weekend and I freaked.

One of my housemate's cats got out right before this past Xmas and vanished for about 3 days. Even though she's not my cat, I freaked out too (especially since we live downtown with lots of cars and stray dogs and meth heads). My husband came home from work late at night when I was asleep and woke me up hissing "JD! JD! Look!" and there she was, in his arms. :3:

Two months later, this happened:

Guess she was just doing some last-minute Xmas shopping for cuteness.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Nah, she were fuckin'.

Well DUH. Way to shame on feline sex workers just trying to bring us the gift of adorable kittens, jerkface. :colbert:

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Yeah, she totally escaped 'cause she wanted to go on rumspringa. Still, thought some cute kitten pics would brighten someone's day. And yes, she's getting fixed once things settle down.)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Pastry of the Year posted:

Walrus, thank you for taking the time and effort to write that post.

Agreed. I've come away with a better understanding of autism than I got getting my degree in art therapy (granted that was a thousand years ago, before the whole concept of a "spectrum" even came to be common-ish knowledge). I, too, saw "spectrum" more like a "rate from 1 to 10" scale rather than the radar model, and I really appreciate you eloquently explaining that. It probably sounds stupid, but as an artist, that comic comparing it to a single color gradient vs. a color wheel made me go "oooOOOH! I get it!" I've saved that comic in case I need to post it elsewhere.

Thanks for schooling us! A blessed post.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jun 3, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

This got posted over in PYF Tweets, and I think it belongs here. I'm in a real lovely situation right now and I know it helped put a smile on my face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ik29zMbHaY

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Literally A Person posted:

Blessed statement. I usually ask goons even before googling. Goons rock at knowing a thing honestly.

Absolutely blessed. I also turn to goons for answers for things I could google, because half the time the search results end up being from not-very-reputable sources like Quora, Yahoo Answers and/or Reddit that don't address what I need. Here, I know I can ask about anything from ants (see the Small/Stupid Questions thread in a/t for that saga) to Zenith tv's and some expert can school me.

Memento posted:

I dunno, I've asked about things in the Excel and Windows threads and been told to gently caress off and Google it.

Maybe it's me!

Naw, not you, some goons are just jerks. A few months ago I asked over in the Stupid/Small Questions thread about a messed up garbage disposal. I'd already looked on Google and got confusing, shallow results, so I asked S/SQ. Immediately some smuglord said "you know there's 15 answers if you just googled it". Yeah, buddy, tried that, didn't help, and neither did your white noise post.

A few pro plumbers/contractors actually answered my drat question instead of making GBS threads on me, and I fixed it thanks to their help. Just ignore the negative nellies, there's good peeps on these here forums.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Proteus Jones posted:

It is. Uranus is just so large it makes a *wooshing* sound.

And it does smell like farts.

https://time.com/5252381/uranus-stinks-smell/

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

Good teammates.

I also thought it got bonus blessings in the article for the team captain asking "Why do we only have interpreters for disasters?" She's got a point; seems like here in the US you only see ASL interpreters for "poo poo is hosed" press conferences, not "woo, we're celebrating something good!"

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Re: the Bill & Ted trans thing, this is how I get it:

1. Actor who plays Billie (not Bill) has come out as non-binary
2. LGBTQ news outlets like The Advocate have posted articles about this
3. Someone makes that joke tweet, as if Bill/Alex Winter is nb
4. Alex rolls with it by posting the black trans flag, like "sure, I'm trans and also black!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that's what happened there.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

I'm on my way down from a nice jaunt on LSD and thought I'd pop over here to get some nice images to send myself off to dreamland.

Y'all have not disappointed, thank you

Wanna snuggle that Luca, and hug those musicians loving their work

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

The Walrus posted:

boy do i hope you listened to that little arthur moon set on acid :shobon:

Oh, I was digging the gently caress out of that, thank you. And also your av. It always makes smile, but last night it was me shoving my phone in my spouse's face, all "look! Look how blessed this goon's av is! [cackling wildly]"

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

LifeSunDeath posted:

nuclear grade blessed

Absolutely, and tickles me because it brought back a funny memory.

I was brought up a minister's daughter in a very pre-internet age, so I didn't know or understand a whole bunch of curses/slang, except what I overheard.

One day in English class, the teacher was talking about another teacher. I half-mumbled, but loud enough that the other kids heard, "Mr X? He's a DILDO." The room erupts in laughter that I said that out loud, and I felt a peculiar mix of confusion and elation at having said something funny --- but no idea why.

I thought it just meant "jerk" or "dummy". It was only when I consulted my older sister that night that I was like "oooOOOH" and relieved that the teacher present hadn't heard it, just the kids around me.

I was in 9th grade.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

She's also famous off-forums for that, she made a reference to it one time in a bar or something and a stranger went "Wait, you're the elf dick weirdo???"

Carth Dookie posted:

Ahahaha I didn't know that. That owns

It's even better --- it was her husband's therapist saying "wait, the elf dick weirdo is your wife?"

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

https://twitter.com/nbcbayarea/status/1325226577970536455

Lookit those good boys!

(There were no First Pets during Trump's time in office? News to me; all the more reason his term was cursed.)

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Megillah Gorilla posted:

But he was willing to put that aside to recognise a hero dog.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1189601417469841409

Real tweet. Real lovely photoshop.

EDIT: And in a wonderful bit of serendipity, here's the original I just found in another thread:

https://twitter.com/Is_It_Just_Me1/status/1189601645727907841

I do not have enough L's or O's on my keyboard to LOL at this. Holy poo poo.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

She is totally in my trinity of women who inspired me as a little girl in the 80's, because they not only looked rad as hell, but kicked rear end! Powerful women, not someone that just screamed a lot until a man came to save her! Wow!

(And were responsible for lil' JD realizing "huh, I think I might like kissing boys AND girls")

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

poo poo, can't believe I left out Grace Jones, too. Guess it's a quaternity.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

I regularly play with a local music collective called Trash Coven, where we do gigs with just poo poo we find on the side of the road (and then trash/recycle it after the gig). Covid has meant that we can't do proper live shows, but once a month we still get together in a warehouse and live stream our jams.

I can't wait to show them this, it gets the #ultrablessed tag.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

https://i.imgur.com/M7mGIr5.gifv
First time. Love his little fist pump. :3:

I just got new glasses for the first time in 5-6 years (and my first pair of bifocals), and this is the first post I saw. On my phone. Without having to blow the browser up to like a 72pt font size to read the text!

I know that fist pump, little dude, and I'm doin' it right there with ya. #turboblessed

(The googly-eyed stare is also accurate, I was yelling out license plate numbers and street signs the whole ride home, much to my husband's annoyance)

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Dec 18, 2020

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Someone please tell me they have the Photoshop Phriday of this where it's along the lines of "Mike Mulligan's Steamshovel FUCKS poo poo UP". I used to work for a library and I printed that out and had it behind the desk, it's one of my earliest SA memories.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

You are extremely #blessed, thank you!

Also Stellaluna and Strega Nona are stupid blessed, y'all got good taste in books.

Now I'm dying to read Sylvester and the Magic Pebble.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

TontoCorazon posted:

I just needed them for a few days, I'll bring them back, calm down.

Those are their legs, you are a human, give them back

They dont even fit

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Memento posted:

"man this edible ain't poo poo, gimme another"

Half an hour later:

Thank you, I came to this thread for some cheering up (I just found out a co-worker buddy of mine had an aneurysm :ohdear:) and that post gave me a much-needed actual LOL. #blessed post

edit: and of course reminded me of this, which is always a pick-me-up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-RDrqJzjP4

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 26, 2021

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

It's 36 o'clock, and time to watch this blessed video. It's from ages ago, but it's one of my go-to's for getting out of a funk, and thought someone else might enjoy it. It puts a smile on my face, and I bounce up and down on the couch to it like I'm 6 years old.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7CnLeZBVvY

fake edit: also I just re-watched it while previewing my post, and gently caress me I'm hungry now. You may want a snack handy, especially if you're as fuckin lit as I am rn

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Ok, I'll out myself as being old, out of touch, and don't have my glasses on: who is the guy? Squinting at the blurry video on my phone, I honestly can't tell. (I have an idea but it's so ridiculous I'm not going to share it. Unless I'm right, of course.)

edit: VVV ahhh, thanks! Nope, not who I thought it was at all.

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 6, 2021

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Milo and POTUS posted:

be honest, you thought it was matthew lesko

lol nah, the suit's too tame

And yeah, when Bill Nye was making PBS shows aimed at kids, I was working on my grad degree (I said I was old), so I'm not of an age that could ID him from a blurry drunken vid while watching it on my postage-stamp phone screen. Feel free to laugh at the old woman here.

That said, that video is pretty dang #blessed, and I can appreciate it more now, thanks y'all. :)

edit:

flavor.flv posted:

Matthew Lesko was busy fighting batman at the time

additional blessed lol

JacquelineDempsey fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Feb 6, 2021

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

An old friend of mine had a cat just like that, named Ziggy Stardust for obvious reasons (on reflection, we could've nicknamed him "Thin White Duke" as well; wish I thought of that back then). He was extremely blessed. :3:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

it's called a Displacer Beast.

Omg that is so cute! I want to give it skritchies but I keep missing. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

davidspackage posted:

I feel like it's going to stand up and just keep getting taller until all the sky is dog

This thread is in my bookmarks, and based on its nature, I always forget it's not a PYF thread. I just went to change the thread title to "all the sky is dog" but, whoops don't have the mod buttons for that in these here parts.