Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I feel the need to share my Dad’s cat’s name progression, it mirrors so many of these but it makes me happy every time I think of it. We had a stray choose us, so she started as “Kitty,” of course. Officially she became Carmelita (She’s a very caramel-color-heavy calico) but I kept up Kitty, which became Whiskers, then Kitty-Whiskers, spent a brief time at “Kay-Double-U”(KW), floated around with that and Kitzy-Whiskos until she became “Kay Dubs” from KW/Kay-Double-U.

To this day she’s still mostly Kay Dubs.

I’m glad so many goons share the same idea for pets names. I’ve had to inform several friends that their pets are no longer simply named, for example, “Indy” but now also “Derzo” and “Indimungo.” They don’t understand the extra names???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Jestery posted:

This is my queen after retirement, with a new bed and jacket

I’m fighting myself about getting a greyhound because I’ve never had a dog so it’s a LIFESTYLE change, but also I live in the frigid north and have hard wood floors. I know these are lame excuses but I want it to perfect for the dog. :(

They seem like the best dogs.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Oh my god look at how much he loves the balloon

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Lmao

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Wholly irresponsible. It’s not obvious but as an expert I can see the dog needs to be rehomed. I really shouldn’t, but it’s only me that can possibly handle this dog.

Please contact your coworker and tell them that I need to have the dog. Give me the dog.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

There’s so many great moments in that video but the tiny half sob after “they’re all adoptable” makes me laugh everytime I hear it.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I know it’s mostly a function of there not being a good reference but that turtle looks absolutely massive in that last one!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’m sad to say I’m going to turn this into a cursed image when I commit a felony stealing this good boy because I must have him.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Samovar posted:

Here's a blessed fact - an old name for a hedgehog is an urchin. Hence why sea urchins are so called.

neat!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Hey, I know that guy.

https://www.youtube.com/@ImpressedCatVideo

Impressed Cat Video is great if you want very calming videos of petting stray kitties in Japan. More people need to make videos like he does - simple, no jumps and cuts, no music. Just chill!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Wringing out the ferret is a great gag and hell, ferrets are so weird I wouldn’t be surprised if they somehow could be wrung out and came back for more.

(Do not wring your ferret tho)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

This guy recently seemed to have luck with the algorithm and got shown to a ton of people, myself included, and he rocks. Just a great positive energy and great tunes (if you like weird old schoolish drum and bass.)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Throat singing always sounds so insanely cool.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I’ve seen a lot of those because I’ve looked up throat singing after hearing clips and needed more! It rocks.

I also have a soft spot for super “trashy” edm vibes so this hit great. https://youtu.be/9uMtnH7cABg

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

dog nougat posted:

I decided to make some donuts today.

Came out pretty good for my first attempt at em

We have a new donut goon! (They look better than the last donut goon’s donuts.)

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

One of my favorite Pallas Cat/Manul facts is the reason we see them as so expressive and human is they're one of the few (only?) cats with round pupils like humans, not a "cats eye."

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Not to creep on your kitchen but I love that fossil art ceramic bottle.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Milo and POTUS posted:

...creep on their kitchen? Honestly a weirder way to preface that than just saying you liked it lol

Hey I didn’t mean nothing by it butt my friends and I give each other poo poo pointing out poo poo in the background of photos.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

me when the trash food I'm making or reheating is done.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Beachcomber posted:

Looks like he could make it on his own.

I forgot about Lil Brudder!

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

BOOTY-ADE posted:

Stumbled on this channel while randomly browsing wildlife videos - dude sounds kinda dry but really fun & informative...especially Spoot the spider & Minion

https://www.youtube.com/@Narrowayhomestead

He's popped up in my Shorts and he has a great voice and I love Minion.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I love that he figured out how to close the drawer again.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Huh... If they purr and like head scritches, I wonder if they like scritches at the base of their tail too...

Username post combo

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Unperson_47 posted:

Operation Dumbo Drip

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

I recognize this dog and the whole video is extremely blessed.

https://youtu.be/zh76f7oHjYE?si=oeiBZjq03j87I6yj

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

That shifter is extremely blessed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Trabant posted:

I know I'm stretching the definition of #blessed, but someone having fun at this scale seemed to fit:

https://i.imgur.com/WYwYxq3.mp4

(couldn't resist replacing the original music :v:)

That guy must have been absolutely cackling to himself.