Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

nexous posted:

Rescued this 11 year old Siamese from a cat lady/hoarder who could no longer take care of the cats. She has 2 teeth and meows like a banshee. A good cat.

A Siamese should make their presence known. Good kitty, and good on you for taking her in. Here’s my 14 year old dork, Pickle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Clearly, but what IS it? I wanted to be an entomologist as a kid, but I don’t recognize this one.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

Godspeed You! White Gnomeperor

Godspeed! You Snack Emperor

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

When your cat names itself

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

A farting mink posted:

Kinda blursed due to the ladies awful voice but still worth watching.
https://twitter.com/dril/status/1607259084608401408?s=20&t=ZfeapdTsykMQz5vd-OUvQw

The most compelling evidence I’ve seen that pugs are the souls of disagreeable people begging to be let out of adorable prisons

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Captain Hygiene posted:

Is that someone I should know about? They just showed up based on the feed's whim.

He is/was one of the redditest redditors to ever reddit. Various pukey things are associated with him, but I forgot the particulars, and I think I’ll sleep better for it.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

GotLag posted:

My local magpies' eggs are due to hatch any day now, and so I need names!
The mother is Freckles, as she has spots on her face (probably an old injury) and Pancake (he's a bigger pikelet).

Previous chicks were Pikelet in 2021 and Bubble and Squeak in 2022.

Looking for two names that work together as a matched set, as magpies typically lay ~3 eggs and I expect them to be able to raise 2 chicks to fledge and leave the nest

Rum and Raisin?

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

I’m not going to shame it, but this is absolutely somebody’s kink.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

George Fisher is a mensch. And their new album is good.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Cornbread AND waffles? I assume the police were called.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

I used to have one of those, and that is 100% “is that all the food? Where’s the food?” body language.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

mobby_6kl posted:

What the hell is that? Is it something I can just have too?

Yeah, it’s a Polish chicken. Mine was a bright white little diva, and funny as hell.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

Milo and POTUS posted:

Dog day afternoon was about someone getting their lover a sex change op wasn't it?

Yeah, John Wojtowicz ostensibly did it to pay for his lover, Elizabeth Eden, to have gender-affirming surgery. The truth is a bit murkier - it’s alleged he really did it to pay debts he owed to the mob - but he did take part of his share from selling the film rights and give it to her for the surgery. But after that she married someone else and didn’t have a lot to do with him until she succumbed to AIDS-related pneumonia in 1987. There was a pretty good documentary made about the movie and the robbery called The Dog back in 2013.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

He should keep a single pound of it and give the rest to a soup kitchen, because that will be used for pasta and will make hundreds of people happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

nomad2020 posted:

This, they're half sized velociraptors. The movie ones were somewhere around 3x too big.

Yep, because the movies were significantly influenced by Gregory S. Paul’s book Predatory Dinosaurs of the World, which is well-written and beautifully illustrated but made some rather unusual suggestions for reclassification of some theropods… And one of the more salacious was to reclassify Deinononychus, a larger dromaeosaur, as a member of the genus Velociraptor. The broader paleontological community read it, conferred briefly, and disagreed, but the Jurassic Park guys took it and ran with it, so now we have Big Raptors as part of the discourse even though they’re wrong. Worse, even though Paul advocated for the presence of feathers in his book, Jurassic Park ignored that.