Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Metroixer posted:

I don't know how to feel about how grim the game was. Usually that sort of stuff doesn't bother me but here I got a lot of mood whiplash.

You see the cutesy Cave Story-esque visuals and think you're in for some light-hearted little romp, and then they commence the Most Horrific Death Invitational.

e: I guess Cave Story got pretty brutal at points too but Iconoclasts is something else

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Jan 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

What's the range on the Sleuth tweak? Will it tell me if there's a secret wall anywhere on the same screen? I'd rather not have to rub my face against every surface in the world.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

As soon as you enter a screen with a secret wall it blinks. There's no proximity indication or anything like that.

That's perfect, thanks.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

lol I'm missing one chest and it's not on the map

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

a cartoon duck posted:

Going from personal experience I assume it's either (spoilering it in case people don't like map spoilers or whatever) in the first area of the game, the screen to the left of Robin's house. If you jump up into the ceiling where the bombable rocks were you can find a secret room. Or it's in the snow mountain region, in the bottom-most room that's filled with water. If you just hug the bottom of the room you will eventually find an opening that leads to a different room.

No, it's somewhere in the Shard Wastelands.

Sleuth goes off at this location, but I can't find any secrets even though the room's pretty small. What am I missing?

e: found it :toot:

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jan 28, 2018

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ending stuff: Did I miss an explanation for how One Concern knew about the Starworm? Is it just that their distant ancestors had hosed with Captain Birb in the past, and paid the price?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rookersh posted:

I am stuck and feel like a doof?

I'm in the woods and am being told to find a way underground. My path leads to this big puzzle room with a single wrench socket floating in midair, and two boxes needed to wrench it.

Box 1 was the Lightning Box I brought over from the other side. That was easy.

The other box is this purple Box in a small cave. I can't pick it up since I can't jump on it. I've thoroughly checked the rest of the puzzle room.

Hint on what I'm missing?

That box & nut are for much, much later. Right now you should focus on reaching the west exit.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Feenix posted:

I'm stuck, lads.

I'm in Mina's underwater town thing. I beat that Agent, he turned into an ivory tree, and I am going around defeating soldiers. The counter says I have 2 left, but I feel like I am physically barricaded. I'm sort of in the upper left quadrant of the map and the only "exit" i can find is to drop down 2 platforms but the platform right above the bottom of the screen (effectively allowing me to drop into the room below/screen below) won't register a drop-jump. I crouch and jump and I just end up jumping.

Is this not the way? Is something bugged?

Thanks!

You should be able to freely traverse up & down the middle of the living quarters, where they had the "Sea" schematic and their save statue dedicated to the Gods of Fuckin'.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Do we know why One Concern outlawed alternate fuels? It seems like a weird move if they knew anything about the actual workings of the planet.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Alright, that all makes sense.

What made them pick the triangle as their holy icon, though?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Is Leticia missable, or can I go around and bug her for all the Fitzroy clues at the end of the game?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Does One Concern have any actual control over the Penance? I know they use those eyePods to activate machinery, but it seems like they always just kind of stand back and let it rip.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

You can aim her shotgun faster if you're holding a direction while pressing X.

Eventually that boss will retreat into the ground and start making parts of it explode. You have to melee the flashing explody bits to pull the boss back out.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

temple posted:

I still think the eyes are the failed/dissolved pupils and possibly dead ivory users.

The eyes are definitely birdman tech. Bird Boss summons them and turns them into hostile animals to fight against you.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

If you've just broken into One Concern East/West then I think you're about 80% done, outside of collectibles and optional bosses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

The Tower is definitely the shittiest part of the game, but the samurai only has a few tricks. Don't swing on him the instant he teleports next to you, take a moment to see if he's got his sword in the attack or fake-out position first.

• Locked thread