Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Yeah, my group is hosed. We're going to be hitting boards and the like for the next 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
We got lucky, someone from our games day group was able to snag us a double double at the alexander

Texibus
May 18, 2008
There are still hotels, just only by the airport

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Never too late to do GenCon in your car in the parking basement across the street from the con center

False, everyday past your 30th birthday is too late to pull that poo poo.

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

Pickup RPGs can be hit or miss, IME. Hard to get players, and the ones you do get often drop out (much like any group). I don’t know if it’s just my generation or what, but people are super flakey.

I will leave an event if it isn't fun or the people are insufferable. I don't owe these people my time, also why would you want someone at your table if they are miserable?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Texibus
May 18, 2008
How about timing of playing cards in root? I can't recall the exact names but they are both used in battle, one causes you to negate all attack damage from dice and one adds an extra hit.

When do you need to declare when you are using these type of cards? Like can the attacker wait to play his card after the defender declares or vice versa.