Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I'm apparently staying in an AirBNB with multiple kitchens this year, which means a good chance to bring the dang spice myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

The System Mastery crew will be at Gencon?!

Yep, first time. We're staying with RPG Academy but appearing on behalf (hah we count as personalities) of One Shot.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

RocknRollaAyatollah posted:

I thought the micro pig would come first.

Settling for the System Mastery baby.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Len posted:

Any goons planning to run rpg events? I like using Gencon to play systems I don't know/haven't played but I don't have a great track record with randoms. If I get in on an event run by one of you I can at least shame you as a creepy GM

We're definitely going to run one or two. Probably either a joke run through Haven: City of Violence, a Blimpleggers Game (prohibition bootlegging of magic potions using blimps), or something. Plus a bunch of Doctor Magnethands at the parties we end up at.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Looks like System Mastery will be running two games during GenCon this year, in case you're a listener who wants to hang. We'll be doing a Blimpleggers game using the Strike! engine with pre-gen characters, and a Gamma Crawl X game, Return to the Truckusseum, with random character creation on site, still using Gamma World 7e.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Only two of my three events made it in, but if anything wants to play an early draft of the recently kickstarted Flying Circus, the stretch goal for our podcast's jokey Blimpleggers setting was hit and we'll have new playbooks and everything there for a good (and first) time. It's RPG18132891, or Blimpleggers - The Ridgelands Rendezvous.

The Blimpleggers setting is a fantasy 1920's not-America where Prohibition is in full swing, but the booze is potions (and yet still booze) and the rumrunners are running that hooch in various forms of semi-rigid airship instead of cars (which don't even exist, everyone just flies everywhere). The villains are the Fuzz, a police force of inscrutable mushroom people that just hate the heck out of alcohol.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

I let my network boss set the prices. Had no idea what was appropriate. Did we go way too high? Dammit!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

For reference, the vast majority of RPG events are like $2 per 2 hour slot. Some events that give out copies of the games or have a celebrity guest ask for more but I've never seen a basic 4 hour game go that high. Ya'll are pretty popular these days though so who knows

Well maybe it's not too late to change it. Who knows.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Huh, guess I'm glad I was too busy with the baby to go change our prices, the Blimpleggers game sold out in like two minutes. We'll probably be doing a lot of post-con drinking and carousing and con-wandering in the interim, plus there's still some slots up for our live System Mastery show if we got any listeners in here looking for something to kill an hour or whatever.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

I've only done a flip-through, but it's relatively decent for a Rifts book so far, at least on the sliding scale that Palladium books exist on. Issues with Soviet-era imagery aside, the Soviets were the most interesting faction in the older Russia books for Rifts, and this expands the original material.

Are you kidding? I got a text on the first day on the con from a friend who'd gotten an issue of The Rifter for me. My friends are a bunch of enablers. That being said, all I did was use the traditional GenCon Palladium coupon to pick up the newest book at a discount and then found three books for $5 in the auction consignment store. Not exactly breaking the bank on these.

I bought a few copies of the defunct Rifts CCG starter deluxe box, walked over to Kevin to get him to sign it, and after asking where I got it and what I paid for it, he sent one of his people to go buy the store out of the rest of them.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Ha ha, wish I'd known it was around, I didn't make nearly as many foolish GenCon decisions as necessary this year.

I had him sign Sovietski but I've been getting the impression he's perfectly aware of who I am. (It's on my badge, so it's not exactly a Holmesian mystery.) He still signed it, mind, so he's a trooper.

He knew us by voice, which was a trip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

8one6 posted:

The weirdest goddamn thing was running into a listener of my podcast from Australia at Gen Con 2014 completely at random.

Like, statistically that shouldn't have happened because Underdiscussion only has like 100 listeners.

Hah, we did the same thing this year! Except it was on purpose and he brought us vegemite. Honestly, that stuff's not bad. Not sure I'm really into soy sauce on my toast, but whatever.