Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
:getin:

Feb 10th is when you find out your spot in the housing line! Feb 11st is housing lottery day!

E:holy poo poo good title my man

Fellis fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 7, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Make sure when you try to goonrush an awful sounding game that sounds like it’s going to encourage bad homosexual stereotypes, its not actually being run by a lbgtq-friendly organization trying to run inclusive games in a positive environment

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Man what the gently caress am i gonna do for food if haveli’s is closed that place is like 40% of my meals

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Deviant posted:

I dunno, you might NOT fill our hotel room with curry farts for once. That'd be swell.

Cartaret and OB Juan went with me last year, you can’t prove anything!!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

WerrWaaa posted:

Who dat be?

A gremlin in a teemo hat. Last seen exiting onto the 4th floor of the Mariott Courtyard in the JW plaza, where of course, that horrible massacre occured.

This is a bit, we kept seeing this weird short dude all around the convention (he was briefly described to me and i somehow picked him out of a crowd about 10 min later) and then we discovered he was staying in the same hotel as us

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

did you tell him to write a good book

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

BlackIronHeart posted:

Ilor and I got into an elevator with a dude wearing spats and sporting a waxed mustache at PAXUP, does that count?

I dont think we met at PAXUP!! :mad:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Earplugs are surprisingly comfortable to sleep with

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Oh ok, you likely did meet me, I remember meeting llor I think. I was on the far end of the table at the sportsbar so i didnt hear names too well.

And later yeah, I was knee-deep in For-Ex and don’t remember much. That game owns though and if you are looking for weird indie gamer cred, I will happily play it. It’s not so much fun as it is an experience in trying to determine how the butterfly effect works (although I and a few others enjoy it). I got brutally owned by a very simple play I didn’t see last time I got it on the table and it was great.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

LuiCypher posted:

To confirm for guide updates - they've closed the loophole where someone else can use an account that has an earlier lottery time to sign up for a room, correct?

No they haven’t, you just can’t transfer rooms anymore. You can still use someone else’s account and use your own card on their account, but they need to hold the reservation for the duration.

So both parties need to be comfortable with each other having real name/address. The credit card isn’t an issue because it only displays the last 4 digits anytime after the first entry.

All they did was prevent people from sitting on a room reservations and selling the booking to a complete stranger, its still really easy to do if you have a modicum of trust between the two parties, unless there’s something I’m not seeing.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Feel free to check your lottery position and give it to me if it’s good :sun:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Toshimo posted:

OP says Lottery is Feb 21st but website says Feb 11th.

WHO DO I REPORT THIS TO?

Sorry, that was my fault. I got those dates from someone else and didn't doublecheck them. They aren't even on a weekend, I'm a dumbass!!!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Slandible posted:

Wait, you guys were serious about Havali. Why did it close?

It probably had something to do with never being full around mealtimes even during the peak of gencon. I think it was just too far/too secluded/not well advertised

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

someone who is good at the economy help me my con goers are suffocating

Spend less on lewd cosplay photobooks idiot

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Deviant posted:

mudcrab gon break your legs if you keep talking like that

I don’t actually mean it, just finishing the @dril reference that was setup :mad:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Dr. Quarex posted:

Has Gary Con threatened to overwhelm the confines of Lake Geneva forcing history to unironically repeat itself?

Has the geneva convention stopped war crimes, herr doktor?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Oh yeah i need to book a flight

GENCON

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Just do the computer programmer thing and keep adding decimal notation

DnD 3.5.02b

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there anything for a teetotaler goon to do with goons? I went in 2016 and also didn't see any goons and most of what I saw discussed was barhopping with some games involved. Either way I'll be there. You will know me by my No Fun shirt.

You could hang out with the goons who drink? Unless you don’t want to be around booze. We don’t get rowdy, its more casual and the barhopping is more only hanging out at one bar because its pretty quiet and they don’t mind us playing games there. People even played AFFO there, so its not just light stuff.

Like Deviant said, nobody throws down gencon money to just get drunk with goons. Except wednesday when we get irresponsible with buying shots, but even that was pretty sedate last year.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Hahahaha what? I'm annihilated every night while gaming in a hotel lounge with my college buddies and it owns.

He’s talking about the goon group

Fellis fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Apr 19, 2018

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Bottom Liner, I’ve seen you post a lot about Spirit Island and I’d really like to try it at Gencon. IIRC you drive so its probably not an issue, but do you think you can bring it? The company has demos but they are all during the day.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I mean if I had the charisma, brand awareness, and willingness to whore myself AND my family’s interactions for money, I would milk that cow dry also.

I’m more surprised at the staying power, they’ve been doing it for like 5 years or something right? And afaik they don’t have any disgusting personal or political opinions/actions on the record, pretty impressive.

Although I assume that last bit will be corrected shortly.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I Can't Bee-life We Only Know Summer!

I'm sorry for this joke, i will buy a pin from you

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

There was a preview page for origins pins right? How far in advance did it go up?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I don't care about pin collecting, but i'll buy nesbit's pin cause it looks cool, and i'll probably buy a train game pin if there is one. Maybe a Root pin.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

LIBER PARCO POST COLISEUM

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Are there any Wisconsin/Illinois goons that are driving and have some spare room in their vehicle? My travel plans have changed significantly and it looks like I will be in the Madison/Northern Illinois area right before Gencon. I have family who would drive me 1-2 hours to get me to a carpool if necessary. PM me or hit me up on groupme?

E: i tried quarex but the madman is driving down on monday jeez

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Oh right, mass transit. I forget that it exists because its so bad out here in rural PA. I’d still prefer a ride, but those are solid backup plans, thanks!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I forgot to mention, I only need a ride one-way to Indy, I already have arrangements to go home from there. I won’t have more than a carry-on of luggage.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

If you can make it to Chicago, I wouldn't mind taking you the rest of the way.

Thanks!! PM’d you

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I sent a response. Send a confirmation, also if you're on the GroupMe we should set up a private channel.

Sent, I hit you up on groupme also.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’m a little fuzzy on the memory, but pretty sure we did shots last year

Oh wait, the fuzziness proves it

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Philthy posted:

Indian Food is like Mexican Food during a con.

Farty mcfarts the shotgun shitter poops-alot front row center please take a bow.

Its more like grapeshot from a man-o-war than a shotgun tbh

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hmm all these exotic sounding food options...is there anyplace I can get food with the texture/taste/spiciness of mayonaise in Indy?

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

ketchup vs catsup posted:

John company

Anyone interested in giving these a shot?

I would be down to teach John Company but you also need to find two others patient enough for a 2-3 hour game.

Thursday afternoon, wednesday evening, or saturday evening works for me

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

I’m down but I legit thought that was a satirical post

Oh and play FCM/DomSpe with us

I didn’t think it was satirical in this thread but in boardgame general, absolutely. The callout was funny anyway, it was kinda schrodinger’s trollpost.

The times I listed are when I’m free to do fuckoff long games, aside from the 18xx and german politcal fuckoff long games I already have scheduled.

OB_Juan posted:

Even the god damned SALSA is bland as hell.

“Could I get the mild salsa”
*waitress points at ketchup*

djfooboo posted:

Oh poo poo, my wife may be getting induced during GenCon :cry:

:ohdear:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Deviant posted:

space team is an app though?

They made a boardgame version

E: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/184491/spaceteam

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

Ethiopian is My favorite food and I would definitely go with anyone that wants to try it

Hello

E: Safe travels goons!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

B A B E L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

We got too close to god, they were saving us from ourselves