Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
OP says Lottery is Feb 21st but website says Feb 11th.

WHO DO I REPORT THIS TO?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

quote:

Sunday, February 11 at 12:01 PM Eastern

Get rekt, scrubs.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
In related news, what's the optimal min-max hotel?

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency last year, which I've been in a few times and like, and breakfast is fairly cheap and actually pretty decent from the attached shops. Though, the parking costs made me have to pick a garage a few blocks away (which was fine, all things considered).

But, I know Goons wound up camping out a lot in the JW Marriot bar and open gaming rooms, so I'm strongly considering that.

Any strong feelings on any of the nearby hotels?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Holla holla get dolla.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nesbit37 posted:

Badge price is the expense I am worried about least.

Badge $120
Room $1500
Flight $350
Events $300
Meals $400
Lewd Cosplay Photobooks $500

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Carteret posted:

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

I lumped Booze in with meals since sometimes I replace food with more booze.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Fellis posted:

Spend less on lewd cosplay photobooks idiot

No

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I just buy a 6pk of Bagels and a tub of cream cheese on the way in so I can blow my food budget on Harry and Izzy's.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nesbit37 posted:

The game is a worker placement and resource management game about bees where you have to survive for 1 year as a wild bee hive. It takes about 30 minutes a player, for 1 to 4 players, and I am going to be making some better prototype copies via the Game Crafter in the next month or two. I am happy to talk more about it here but I also don't want to gum up the Gen Con thread about it. That said, I do have a booth at Gen Con for this game so I'll probably talk more about it as a result of that as we get closer. I figure you all would like to hear about the hectic experiences of a first year exhibitor at Gen Con.

Also, we are doing a pin for Gen Con's copy of Pinny Arcade this year. We're getting 250 of these things to sell so I hope people buy them. Here is the current rendition by my graphic designer, let me know what you all think. Its carrying an orange cube because orange cubes represent pollen in the game.

I want 2 of these pls. Possibly more.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nesbit37 posted:

The game is a worker placement and resource management game about bees where you have to survive for 1 year as a wild bee hive. It takes about 30 minutes a player, for 1 to 4 players, and I am going to be making some better prototype copies via the Game Crafter in the next month or two. I am happy to talk more about it here but I also don't want to gum up the Gen Con thread about it. That said, I do have a booth at Gen Con for this game so I'll probably talk more about it as a result of that as we get closer. I figure you all would like to hear about the hectic experiences of a first year exhibitor at Gen Con.

Also, we are doing a pin for Gen Con's copy of Pinny Arcade this year. We're getting 250 of these things to sell so I hope people buy them. Here is the current rendition by my graphic designer, let me know what you all think. Its carrying an orange cube because orange cubes represent pollen in the game.

Also, do you have a PnP of this because I will deffo grab people locally and force them to play it for my amusement. PM or email me at toshimo@toshimo.com

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nesbit37 posted:

No PnP right now. I haven't made one because I figured people wouldn't be interested in cutting out 80 hex tiles. If you're interested regardless, though, I might put one together based on the files we need to put together for the game crafter so let me know and I'll see about assembling that.

There exists a goon who carved an entire game of Talisman out of cereal boxes. Get me some fukken pdfs Imma get this poo poo done.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Clanpot Shake posted:

Is there anything for a teetotaler goon to do with goons? I went in 2016 and also didn't see any goons and most of what I saw discussed was barhopping with some games involved. Either way I'll be there. You will know me by my No Fun shirt.

Last year, after a certain point in the day, we just commandeered half a ballroom in the Open Gaming section and played board/card games and tabletop RPGs with goons, which, unless you have some sort of compunction about hanging out with people who drink and game simultaneously, is a good option.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Please enjoy Gen Con in whatever ways make you the happiest :tipshat:

Instructions unclear. Purchased 50 lb box of piss-soaked miniatures at auction.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Is there a downloadable version of the event catalog?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Holla holla get dolla. Finished setting up my Gencon schedule.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Got 1787 in line. Got everything except Betrayal at Baldur's Gate, so I'll just bring a copy and sucker goons into playing it.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Countblanc posted:

I hope people get in the events they like but honestly the best parts of gencon for me are always just plopping my rear end down in the hallways and playing Caylus or playing demos. Dont sweat it too much if you miss some stuff

We basically signed up for 2 events/day, so that's like 3-6 hours leaving us ~12-15 hours to do randomly goon stuff, demos, and the auction.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Do I want to know why your goony bee game is 14 and up? :ohdear:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Does it have fukken cubes?

Or bee-shaped meeples?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

emdash posted:

no subculture is an island

LOST fans.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
How could anyone be grouchy about Carrol Spinney?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Please tell me more about pins

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
It's a pokemon. Which makes me wonder how many of the pins are actually copyright/trademark infringement.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nesbit37 posted:

That one pin is a pokemon? I just got it because it looked like a disgruntled slime.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I believe Pin Collecting/Trading predates the Disney stuff quite a bit because the Olympics made it a thing around WWII.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nesbit37 posted:

Me either. Sounds like its been a fad for around a century though. Can something still be considered a fad if its that old or is it just a thing, now?

Fedoras?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Well I hosed up and waited too long to figure out parking. The last 4 day pass sold out between the time I clicked it and hit buy, and ParkWhiz is sold out. Are there any other suggestions for nearby parking? Lyft is also an option but our hotel is 16 minutes away. The Lyft page estimates $12-16 a run but I guarantee it'll be higher for GenCon.

EDIT: Someone cancelled I guess! Snagged a Thursday-Sunday pass. Still need something for Wednesday but we can probably Lyft/Uber for that.

EDIT EDIT: Am I just missing them or are there no things like "Intro to Drawing" type events? I've seen all kinds of other art stuff.

For anyone else looking for parking, I just order through SpotHero each year and have been very happy with that.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

djfooboo posted:

Oh poo poo, my wife may be getting induced during GenCon :cry:

Like how many generic tickets is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...