Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Gencon!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Deviant posted:

But definitely take a big steaming dump on the NSDM game

Look man, the rose-tinted glasses I wear RELIGIOUSLY tell me I had an OK time, and I got a sweet book out of it because I was the ROCKET MAN and got bonus points for ROCKETS and we as the USSR flew a man to the Moon TWICE before the US did (okay, actually once but the fact that they allowed us to stage a fake moon landing was awesome.)

I don't think I'd do an NSDM game at GENCON again tho.

Avenging Dentist posted:

Does anyone have pro tips for flying to Gen Con?

I've flown in twice, and my Lifehack(tm) is to have a duffel bag rolled up in my carry-on, and then just check my bag filled with nerd poo poo on the return trip. Checked-bag fees < Postage fees (especially considering the Convention Price Hike)

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

WHAT NO WHY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

OB_Juan posted:

We could prove that the curry farts happened.

Also, bets on 2018 Time-Till-Goblin?

I literally just got cold chills thinking about that loving guy. I swear to god if we see him this year I will audibly yell.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Me and ZackAttack met the dungeon world guy and he is awesome and cool and had funny stories about making poo poo up as a DM and I dunno give him more money because he is good

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Yup. Koebel. He "seemed" cool as gently caress for the brief moment we spoke.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

The general rule if gencon: if it's dark out, and you have no phone access, bet on goons being in the High Velocity at the JW.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Double Agent posted:

Don't worry, I've got this covered:

Get that garbage bullshit away from me

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Fellis posted:

Feel free to check your lottery position and give it to me if it’s good :sun:

You freaked me out and I thought lottery assignment was tonight.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Man, you should know better. This isn't your first GenCon.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Slandible posted:

Wait, you guys were serious about Havali. Why did it close?

It was too good for Indy. The food wasn't bland enough, apparently.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Toshimo posted:

Badge $120
Room $250 (split it among others)
Gas Money $100 (CarCrew4Lyfe)
Events $50 (always be playing games with goons)
Meals $200
Booze $150
Latest FFG Release and Impulse buys $500

Maybe I'm doing it wrong?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

We have to support our favorite goon smut peddler

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Parking at the stadium was a loving BREEZE when I drove and didn't stay downtown. Cheap, and close with no fear of selling out. I'd look into it.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

I have possibly my best event ever planned out already and I've basically designed it for the Goon High Lethal Rotating Cast game. V Hype

i may or may not be making a Cat and Truck player sheet for a certain two someones

I love you.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Besides always trying and failing to get into one of Moles' masterpieces, I have a hard time getting a bunch of tickets for events besides FFGs panel (shutup I have a problem) and listening to Carlos be problematic at Corvus Belli's panel. I got too many tickets the first year and didn't go to half the events, instead spending the rest of the time in the dealer hall, playing/drinking with goons, and chilling in the auction. Anything must see?

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Got in all the free seminars, didn't get in any games. Thank Christ for goongame, don't think I could live without a Sandy Pug game in my GenCon.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I dunno, can't go wrong with stadium parking.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Just part at the Stadium.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Root is terrible, don't buy it.

no seriously it's awesome but I'm scared it will sell out before I can get my copy. It's a strategy, you see.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

I have my copy now, the jig is up: everyone should buy this game!

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm mad that Barry and I only found this on Saturday evening. It will definite be my go to spot in the future. They have great coffee and food.

Yup. That will be my first stop every morning from now on. That Calzone was pretty good, btw.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

I would have needed at least 3 to satiate me. P. Bros and beer was the only cure for my sickness.

You had a sickness, and the only cure was MORE MEAT.

Meat Sweats really change a man.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Bottom Liner posted:

I’m making a ~15 min “Learn Root” video so I’ll post it here in a day or so.

Man, we did so much poo poo wrong every time we played. The Alliance starts with 3 random supporters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Things I've learned: warriors don't score points, only cardboard tokens and buildings do. You can attack sympathy tokens. Alliance start with 3 supporters.