Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!

Avenging Dentist posted:

Does anyone have pro tips for flying to Gen Con? We've always driven, but we're moving across the country this year and will have to fly to get to Gen Con. In particular, how do people handle buying big items? Do you just ship it back? Pack light and have some way of putting it in your suitcase while preventing baggage handlers from molesting your bag and dinging up your nice new stuff? Take your haul as carry-on? Employ quantum teleportation?

There's a place in the convention center where you can ship large items home. Alternately, you can take old clothes and donate them to a homeless guy when you leave and fill your luggage with awesome new game purchases.

edit: you can always pack an empty backpack and use that as a carry on when you come home. In 2015 they gave away some neat satchel looking bags so I used that as a carry on and checked my suitcase when flying home

Pez fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Jan 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Buyer's remorse is definitely something I've dealt with both times I've been. I get so excited to grab something early (I'm looking at you King of New York), buy it then realized I overpaid just to play something a month or 2 early.

I was all excited to go this year and yesterday my daughter informed me she's due with my first grandkid not long after the Con so now I have to decide if I want to make plans that close to her big event. Kids :arghfist:

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Anything that makes it easier to maneuver around rolling suitcases, rascal scooters and waves of B.O. in the dealer hall is fine by me. They could have a Games with Trump event and I'd be fine with it if it drove away the unwashed masses.

That said, any events anyone is running or care to recommend to me this year? I decided to go rather late so I'm just looking at event scheduling.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I hope I can see these fabled bees tomorrow.

In other news I played an impromptu DnD game with goons and I liked it

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I love the Bee game and Nesbit is super nice, even when I was trying to talk him into letting me make laser blasted acrylic meeples beeples for him

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

sportsgenius86 posted:

I demoed Nyctophobia and it was real bad. The hunter being able to see totally throws off the dynamic and makes it very ridiculous IMO.

The demo instructor was kinda bad too though so I guess that could’ve ruined it.

The Mind is loving fantastic though.

I was too afraid of getting pinkeye from the glasses to try it

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I think they'd do better with a different layout, like larger main aisles and maybe move the artists and authors to another area. I agree that the stadium lights are migraine inducing I'm avoiding stuff on the field next year.

This year flew by. I didn't see all of the hall I'm sure but I did manage to meet a few goons and one long-time internet friend I'd never seen face to face so there's that. I managed to not buy too many games I'll likely regret in a few weeks as well. See ya next year goonses!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

I think some of those people are dead. Especially that last guy.