Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

GEN CON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

ritorix posted:

My group carries around a camelbak full of vodka for topping off flasks, and we've brought IV bags in the past in case anyone needs to recover quick. Gencon is serious business.

There's a few drinking-themed events too. The brewery tour around Indy is pretty neat, you hit up 3-4 places and sample the goods. The drunkass gaming event is a hoot too, they rent out the back of the Ram and you get dinner and 1-2 drinks with the event ticket.

We did a Drunkass Gaming event last year where we got to play a game called DeathCup. It should have been dumb (it was basically a more frantic version of quarters) but it was insanely fun after a long day.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Does anyone know if there's going to be a couple more dumps of event listings before registration, or is this everything?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Looks like that's how it works I guess. Maybe my list was bugged - last year I had one or two conflicts essentially cause a big cascade that caused a billion problems with my list and basically messed up every event I had, as Event 1 would be sold out, it would auto skip Conflicting Events 2 and 3, and so on. Clearly not a universal issue tho!
http://www.gencon.com/forums/23-events-2017/topics/7549-overlapping-wish-list-submissions

For what it's worth, this happened with my group too. We spent a lot of time setting up a list of cascading priorities so that we could log in with relative ease, and as soon as 1 of the events we wanted sold out it basically destroyed everything and wasted a ton of time.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

My wish list was submitted, and now I sit and watch the spinny gif as it processes and the site crashes in a holy fire.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Ilor posted:

Go to your cart, that will tell you where you are in the queue. BTW, MY WIFE demands that I let it be known that she is the one who divined this tidbit of information. Glory hound.

Cheers for this! Got 34th in line, and for the first time ever got into all the events my group wanted.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

I'm a little sad there's no Fragged Empire/* setting games being run. I've got the books but haven't run a game yet and was hoping to play in one to get a feel for it.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Conan the Librarian posted:

Are there any goons who are interested in doing True Dungeon? I've recently gotten into it along with my friend and now have an absurd collection between us. I'm happy to answer any questions people might have about it.

My friend and I had a really mixed first experience two years ago (got paired with a group of people who were SUPER into it, tricked us out with all their extra stuff from binders and binders of things, then we did the EXTREME mode or whatever it's called where things are harder but you get more loot, and I pulled something that I flipped the next day for $400). We walked away from it thinking we probably wouldn't do it again, but this year we're going with two other friends who really want to try it out one time. We settled on doing the SEALED quest since it'll put everyone on the same page--has anyone done one of those before?

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Another great Gen Con! I almost picked up Root and the expansion on Thursday, but ended up passing on it for fear it was a little too involved for my wife. I'm having some serious regrets about passing on it, so I'll have to snag it later on. That and My Little Scythe were the two games that surprised me at the Con but I ended up not getting.

My friends and I had an AMAZING Fantasy Flight Star Wars RPG session and a Sentinels Comics RPG session, both of which prompted us to go pick up the systems and slot them in for future campaigns. We did the Pathfinder Mega Event for the first time (on the card game side) and had a ton of fun. We always do 4 slots of Pathfinder card game every year, and it was fun to do the big event this time. Tried out Scythe for the first time and enjoyed it a lot. The only bad experience was doing a demo of Dark Souls the board game. The person running our demo was TERRIBLE, didn't explain things well, and the scenario setup was "made to kind of screw over the assassin" which was fun since I got to play the assassin. Luckily we died early and bailed out for more dealer hall time.

I had a really small haul this year, but walked about with Star Realms, Hero Realms, Tiny Epic Zombies, and a bunch of RPG materials. I picked up Embers of the Forgotten Kingdom after not hearing about it before--it seems like a great supplement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Bottom Liner posted:

https://leder-games.myshopify.com/

Root and the expansion are available for purchase on Leder's site now if you missed either at the convention. The base game will be available for $40 retail later this month but the expansion won't arrive for a while.

Is there any reason to buy it now instead of just waiting for it to hit retail for cheaper? I assume this is just more money directly into their pockets (not saying that's a bad thing)?