Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I will be there Friday and Satuday with Dr. Gargunza. Probably mostly just hanging with friends and gaming in the halls, but maybe some time in the open game room. I remember around 2010/2011 hanging with some Goons in the open game room to play Mage Knight and some other games. It's looking like we'll have a decent number of people from our local game group there who are goons or goon-adjacent. Wouldn't mind meeting up with some folks for games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf
I'm going to be hearing those two out-of-tune measures of the Ghostbusters theme on saxophone for a while.

I got some good games and had fun playing them with people. I managed to get the 2nd to last copies of both Nyctophobia and the Root expansion.

I haven't gotten to actually play a proper game of Nyctophobia yet, and am mildly dismayed by the crap it is getting here, but I think it might be a fun addition for our group, I guess we'll see.

Played part of a game of "Root" with some friends (Edit: Nashona, Dr. Gargunza and others) and everyone loved it, though we didn't have time to finish the game. We played it with some friends who are mostly not into games that are as complicated as Root is, so while it took a while to get the rules, the fact that everyone did get it and had fun is great. The included "just do these things for turn 1 and turn 2" intro instructions aren't really helpful because they don't explain WHY you're doing things (Edit: as Dr. Gargunza mentioned previously), and they also don't explain what cards people should have on turn 3 if you want to move on from there (someone earlier had pointed out that their demo sucked because it was basically those intros with nothing after, and I think maybe they gave the demo people those instructions and nothing else.)

Got "My Little Scythe" which, despite the cutesy theme is actually a really fun and great intro to regular Scythe for people of any age. I bought it mostly as another game to get my nieces into, but it was so much fun I think it'll be something I bring out regularly when we don't have 2 hours to put into Scythe.I want to give Dr. Gargunza my minis from it to paint because then they will look amazing, but I also won't be able to play in the meantime.

Had an incredibly tense two-player round of "The Mind" where we were playing "Expert level" by playing each card face down. On level 3 I had 63-64-65. We stared at each other for about 50 seconds and she finally put a card down. I put my three down in order and she followed suit. The card she put down before mine was 62. Totally boring in explanation, but it was very intense at the time.

Also picked up VAST and all the expansion, Tokaido, and Magic Maze and its expansion. I've played all of those and know they're fun.

It was a good con, but I think in future years I might just go for Thursday to get to the vendor hall early, and skip the rest.

Section 9 fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Aug 6, 2018

Section 9
Mar 24, 2003

Hair Elf

Caedar posted:

Hey all! I'm the rules editor / usability dev for Leder Games, and I'd be glad to answer any Qs you have here, through PM, or on BGG. As far as the walkthrough sheets go, the game does indeed prompt you to start with certain cards and set up in a certain way, as detailed on page 3 of the learn-to-play guide and the walkthrough setup cards.

Phone posting and don’t have the stuff here to look at, but quick question since you’re here. The Root expansion includes vagrant stuff, but that’s all included in the main game (except it looks like different character cards) is that to have two vagrants or what’s the deal? Doesn’t seem to be mentioned in the rule book (though I am the one that apparently didn’t see the info about what cars to give out for the learn to play that Nashona and Dr Gargunza mentioned.)